McDonald’s offers several dairy-free options for those who are avoiding dairy products. While many McDonald’s menu items contain milk or cheese, there are still food choices that have no dairy ingredients. So, let’s explore McDonald’s dairy-free menu to satisfy your cravings.
McDonald’s dairy-free menu includes egg McMuffin, fruit and maple oatmeal, sausage McMuffin, McChicken sandwich, black coffee, iced tea, soft drinks, and many more. The price range of these menu items is between $2 to $6.
You can enjoy your dairy-free meal at McDonald’s by customizing your order and avoiding cheese and milk. Moreover, you can also find McDonald’s allergen menu if you have specific food allergies. The guide will indicate specific allergens present in the menu items.
In this blog, you will get many dairy-free menu items. Along with that, you will also find some essential tips for people who prefer vegan menu items. So, go through the blog and find safe dairy-free menu items instantly.
McDonald’s Dairy-Free Menu Items
Finding dairy-free options on the regular McDonald’s menu is easy. Plenty of food choices do not contain milk, cheese, or other dairy products.
McDonald’s has changed their menu several times for the customer’s benefit. As more people adopt plant-based diets and avoid dairy products, fast-food chains like McDonald’s are coming up with dairy-free menu items. So, let’s quickly jump into the list of dairy-free options at McDonald’s.
Below I have categorized each menu item and mentioned the same prices in the table. For now, let’s look at the list.
Dairy-Free Breakfast Options At McDonald’s
Let’s look at the breakfast menu items at McDonald’s, which are dairy-free.
|Egg McMuffin||$ 4.19|
|Plain Scrambled Egg||$ 1.99|
|Sausage McMuffin||$ 2.19|
|Sausage McMuffin With Egg||$ 4.69|
Dairy-Free Burger Options At McDonald’s
Now let’s look at the dairy-free burgers available at McDonald’s that you can try next time:
|Big Mac Burger||$ 4.79|
|Quarter Pounder (no cheese)||$ 3.29|
|Quarter Pounder Delux (no cheese)||$ 6.49|
|Quarter Pounder Double (no cheese)||$ 7.09|
|Quarter Pounder With Bacon (no cheese)||$ 4.99|
Dairy-Free Chicken Options At McDonald’s
Let’s have a look at the chicken menu items that are dairy-free.
|McChicken Sandwich||$ 3.09|
|Hot n’ Spicy McChicken Sandwich||$ 1.69|
|McCrispy Chicken Sandwich||$ 4.79|
|Bacon McCrispy Chicken Sandwich||$ 4.59|
|Deluxe McCrispy Chicken Sandwich||$ 5.19|
|Spicy McCrispy Chicken Sandwich||$ 4.79|
|Spicy Deluxe McCrispy Chicken Sandwich||$ 5.39|
Dairy-Free Sides Options Items At McDonald’s
There is only one dairy-free item on McDonald’s side menu: apple slices. Check out the price for the same.
|Apple Slice||$ 1.29|
Dairy-Free Dipping Sauces At McDonald’s
Find the list of dipping sauces here that contains no dairy items.
|Honey Mustard Sauce||$ 0.40|
|Sweet And Sour Sauce||$ 0.40|
|Tangy Barbecue Sauce||$ 0.40|
Dairy-Free Dessert At McDonald’s
Speaking of desserts, there is only one menu item: baked apple pie on the dairy-free menu.
|Baked Apple Pie||$ 1.89|
Dairy-Free Drinks At McDonald’s
You can find various dairy-free drinks at McDonald’s, which you can try.
|Hi-C Orange||$ 2.19|
|Diet Coke||$ 2.19|
|Fanta Strawberry||$ 2.19|
|Dr. Pepper||$ 2.19|
|Hawaiian Punch||$ 2.19|
|Sweet Iced Tea||$ 1.39|
|Unsweetened Iced Tea||$ 1.39|
|Frozen Fanta Blue Raspberry||$ 2.89|
|Frozen Fanta Wild Cherry||$ 2.89|
|Bottled Water||$ 2.69|
|Orange Juice||$ 2.99|
|Organic Apple Juice Drink||$ 2.49|
Dairy-Free McDonald’s Breakfast Items
McDonald’s offers decent dairy-free breakfast options for people who can’t consume milk products. In the table below, you can find all the dairy-free breakfast menu items. You can also check out the latest McDonald’s breakfast menu and prices. For now, see the dairy-free menu items at McDonald’s in the table format:
|English Muffin||$ 1.89|
|Plain Scrambled Egg||$ 1.59|
|Sausage McMuffin||$ 1.19|
|Sausage McMuffin With Egg||$ 4.19|
Surprising McDonald’s Items That Contain Dairy
Did you know that some of the popular menu items at McDonald’s contain dairy, even though they may not seem like it? Many customers need to be made aware of this fact. So, I will disclose some popular menu items that aren’t dairy-free.
- French Fries: The most popular menu item, French fries, contains dairy. Who knew? The French fries are made with beef flavoring, which contains hydrolyzed milk. So, if you avoid dairy products, avoid eating fries at McDonald’s.
- Hash Browns: Another popular item is hash browns prepared the same way as fries. Its batter is prepared with beef flavoring, which again contains milk.
- Filet-O-Fish: The breading used to coat the Filet-O-Fish contains milk and butter. The dairy helps the bread stick to the fish and gives it a crisp texture when fried. So, it’s terrible news for those who want to enjoy a filet-o-fish sandwich but can’t have it. However, check the recipe if you make a dairy-free filet-o-fish sandwich at home.
- Pancakes (Hotcakes): The pancakes (hotcakes) also include milk and butter to make them more fluffy and flavorful. So, that’s out of the list for non-dairy fans. Although, you can make dairy-free pancakes at home without using any dairy products.
- Artisan Grilled Chicken Items: None of the grilled chicken items are dairy-free. The chicken is grilled in clarified butter. Therefore, it’s a big no for someone avoiding dairy altogether.
- Fruit And Maple Oatmeal: Many other restaurants prepare oatmeal with only water and let you add your favorite toppings like milk, dry fruits, and sugar. But McDonald’s prepares their oatmeal with light cream. In that case, customize your oatmeal by making it at home.
- Egg McMuffins: If you plan to order an egg McMuffin at McDonald’s, you should know that the muffins are coated with butter and toasted. So, again a big no to the egg McMuffins. If you still want to enjoy egg McMuffin, make one at home.
Tips For Dairy-Allergic People For Eating At McDonald’s
Here are some tips for people with dairy allergies when eating at McDonald’s:
- Check the allergen menu and inform McDonald’s staff about your allergies.
- Watch out for the cross-contamination risk if you have a severe dairy allergy.
- Salads are generally safe to order at McDonald’s, but request oil and vinegar instead of creamy dressings.
- Watch out for dairy in sauces. Even something like ketchup may contain traces of dairy, so check the ingredient list if possible.
- Avoid certain items on the menu as they can contain dairy ingredients. For example, milkshakes, ice cream, cheeseburgers, and chicken sandwiches.
- Choose dairy-free drinks options from McDonald’s drinks menu. You can opt for black coffee, iced tea, and soft drinks.
Is McDonald’s French Fries Dairy Free?
No, McDonald’s French fries are not dairy-free. McDonald’s French fries contain hydrolyzed milk, a protein derived from beef flavoring. This gives fries a rich flavor.
However, it’s important to note that if you live in Canada or the UK, the fries offered at McDonald’s outlets are dairy-free. But for the USA outlets, fries are not dairy free.
So, if you are allergic to dairy and living in the USA, you should avoid ordering fries. In that case, making your French fries at home is a good idea. You can always go to our McDonald’s French fries recipe and customize your fries according to your needs.
Are McDonald’s Hash Browns Dairy Free?
No, McDonald’s hash browns are not dairy-free. The hash browns are cooked on the same grill as other dairy items.
Moreover, the breading of hash browns includes clarified butter to give them a good flavor. So, if you are dairy allergic, you should avoid ordering hash browns at McDonald’s.
I recommend you check out McDonald’s hash brown recipe we have covered on our blog. You can customize it as you like and make it dairy-free at home.
Are McDonald’s Nuggets Dairy Free?
No, McDonald’s nuggets are not dairy-free. Therefore, they contain milk derivatives and are unsafe to eat for someone with dairy allergies.
So, if you are trying to avoid dairy, there are better choices than McDonald’s nuggets.
Instead, I recommend you try this McDonald’s nugget recipe we covered on our blog. You can customize this recipe as per your dietary needs.
Is McChicken Sandwich Dairy Free?
No! Unfortunately, the McChicken sandwich is not dairy-free. The buns contain milk, and the mayonnaise is used on the sandwich. So, if you want to avoid dairy ingredients, McChicken is not a safe option.
In that case, you can try this McChicken sandwich recipe on our website. Customize the sandwich as you like and enjoy this at home.
Is Big Mac Without Cheese Dairy Free?
A big mac without cheese is dairy-free if you order it without dairy ingredients like mayonnaise or ranch dressing.
The big mac sauce is also dairy-free. But the only potential dairy allergen is in the beef patties, which are cooked on the same grill as other dairy products.
However, McDonald’s does not use butter on their grill, so the risk of cross-contamination is low. If you have severe dairy allergies, I recommend checking out this excellent Mac recipe and big mac sauce recipe we have covered on our website. You can customize the recipe as you like and enjoy the great taste of big mac without allergens.
Are McDonald’s Buns Dairy Free?
Yes, McDonald’s buns are dairy-free. They do not contain milk, eggs, or any other dairy products.
However, it’s essential to know that there can be a chance of cross-contamination with other food items, including milk. So, you need to ask the staff member at McDonald’s if the buns are free from cross-contamination.
Is McDonald’s Soft Serve Dairy-Free?
McDonald’s soft serve is not dairy-free. It’s made with milk, cream, and other dairy ingredients. So, if you are allergic to dairy, you should not order a soft serve. If you want to customize soft serve for your needs, you can check out the McDonald’s McFlurry recipe on our website.
Does McDonald’s Have Gluten, Vegan & Keto Options As Well?
For all McDoanld’s lovers! You can find gluten-free, vegan, and keto options at your favorite fast-food chain. Here is a complete list of menu options under three categories you can order on your next visit to McDonald’s.
Gluten-Free Menu Options
McDonald’s does have gluten-free menu options. Some of the items below can be modified with special requests and made gluten-free. Moreover, you can also find other gluten-free items on our website.
- Quarter pounder
- Big Macs (without bun)
- Plain grilled chicken
- Apple slices
- Side Salad
- Sausage patty
- Scrambled eggs
- Bacon strips
- McCafe drinks
- Soft serve
- Caramel sundae
- Dipping sauces
Vegan Menu Items At McDonald’s
McDonald’s has fewer options for vegan menu items. You can check them out below. You can check out the latest McDonald’s vegan menu to give you more detailed information.
- Hash browns
- Apple slices
- Side salad (without croutons)
- French Fries (may contain cross-contamination)
- Garden salad (without croutons or dressing)
- Fruit and yogurt parfait (without granola)
Keto Menu Items At McDonald’s
There are a few keto-friendly menu options on the McDonald’s menu option that you can try. Also, check out the detailed article on McDonald’s keto menu on our website.
- Burgers without bun or ketchup
- Plain grilled chicken
- Side salad (without croutons)
- Egg McMuffin without English muffin
- Sausage McMuffin without the English muffin
- Bacon, egg, and cheese McMuffin without English muffin
- Iced coffee with no cream or milk
- Dipping sauces
- Unsweetened iced tea
- Diet coke
- Apple slices
- Sausage McGriddle
- Bacon strips
- McCafe beverages
McDonald’s offers decent dairy-free options for those avoiding milk products. From burgers to side menu items, you can try many dairy-free menus at McDonald’s.
This blog taught us that some menu items like big mac burgers, hamburgers, and quarter pounders with no cheese are dairy-free. Some chicken menu items like chicken McNuggets, McChicken sandwiches, spicy McCrispy chicken sandwiches, dipping sauces, and McCafe drinks.
This article finds many other dairy-free menu items from various categories. One thing to note is that many menu items are high in carbs, fat, sodium, and calories. Check the nutritional facts before ordering and opt for any food items at McDonald’s.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What dairy-free options are available on McDonald’s menu?
McDonald’s offers several menu options such as dairy-free drinks, egg McMuffin, scrambled eggs, fruit and maple oatmeal, and many more.
Are McNuggets dairy-free?
No, McNuggets are not dairy-free. They contain milk derivatives in the breading.
Is McDonald’s burger bun dairy-free?
No, McDonald’s burger buns are not dairy-free. They include wheat and milk, so they are not suitable for people with dairy allergies.
Is McDonald’s milkshakes dairy-free?
McDonald’s milkshakes are not dairy-free. It’s made with creamy milk. Therefore, it’s not recommended to have milkshakes at McDonald’s if you are allergic to dairy.