The secret recipe of McDonald’s Hash Brown is here on TheFoodXP. In this post, I have shared the Hash Browns’ secret recipe which I learned from my friend who works at McDonald’s factory.
I always wondered why to go to McDonald’s for hash brown when you can easily make them at your home at almost half the price for McDonald’s. So I requested my friend who worked at McDonald’s factory to tell me the recipe of hash browns. And guess what! he agreed. So I tried that recipe at home and it was exactly a copycat of McDonald’s.
To make Hash Browns, boil peeled and grated potatoes. Squeeze the excess water from grated potatoes and mix with rice flour, corn flour, onion powder, and white pepper. Shape these potatoes and freeze them for 1 to 3 hours. Then fry for 4 to 5 minutes. Crispy hash browns are ready!
The most important step to make this copycat recipe is to take out the starch and moisture completely. I have shared the complete instructions on how you can do so and make a perfect Hash Brown just like McDonald’s. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. McDonald’s Sweet and Sour Sauce– This sweet and sour sauce by McDonald’s is something that you have tried for sure. McDonald’s servers it with their nuggets commonly and now you can make it at your home with this authentic recipe.
2. Waffle House Authentic Waffles– Eating waffles for your breakfast is a very great choice and one of the best places that serve waffles is Waffle House. They serve the finest waffles in America.
3. IHOP French Toast– IHOP is an American restaurant famous for their breakfast food including sandwiches and pancakes. Among their sandwiches, their french toast is the most popular sandwich loved by most of the people.
4. Arby’s Reuben Sandwich– The flavour of cheese and dressing combined with corned beef and sauerkraut between two rye bread slices is just a treat for all the sandwich lovers.
Ingredients for McDonald’s Hash Browns
- 300 g Russet Potatoes
- 3 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Granulated White Sugar
- 2 tbsp Potato Flour
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- ¼ tsp White Pepper
- Canola Oil
These are all the ingredients you can use to make hash brownS exactly like McDonald’s. You can also use regular potatoes instead of russet potatoes. Let’s see how much time it will take to make these crispy hash browns.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make McDonald’s Hash Brown?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|70 minutes||15 minutes||85 minutes|
Only draining out the starch and moisture will consume much of your time. Now let’s see the step by step recipe for making this copycat recipe of McDonald’s.
Steps to Make McDonald’s Hash Brown
- Peel the potatoes and place them in cold water to avoid discoloring.
- Add salt and sugar to 3 cups of boiling water.
- Grate potatoes with the help of a large hole of a box grater. Then add them to boiling water.
- Boil those grated potatoes for nearly 3 minutes.
- Now with the help of a strainer, strain the potatoes.
- Run them under cold water for almost 1 minute.
- Squeeze the excess water with the help of a cheesecloth-lined strainer.
- Take a bowl and mix those potatoes with rice flour, cornflour, onion powder and white pepper.
- Give them a shape of patties and freeze those patties for 1 to 3 hours.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan and add those frozen patties in a batch of 2.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Make sure they are golden and crispy on both sides.
- Use a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess oil.
Exact McDonald’s like Hash Browns are ready to serve. Have them with coffee in the breakfast and you are going to love them.
Nutritional Breakdown of McDonald’s Hash Brown
These hash browns will definitely fulfill your carbs requirements. Let’s see a complete breakdown of the nutrients this copycat recipe will provide.
How to Make McDonald’s Hash Brown at Home | Video
If you have any queries regarding the above recipe, then make sure to refer to this video to make the exact hash browns like McDonald’s.
I have done my part and now it’s your turn to make these crispy hash browns at your home. Make sure to tell your experience in the comments section below. Till then, stay tuned to our recipes.