The secret recipe of McDonald’s hash brown is here. In this post, I have shared the hash browns’ secret recipe, which I learned from my friend who works at McDonald’s.
I always wondered why to go to McDonald’s for hash brown when you can easily make them at your home at almost half the price of McDonald’s. So, I requested my friend who worked at McDonald’s to tell me the recipe for hash browns. And guess what! he agreed. So I tried that recipe at home and it was exactly a copycat of McDonald’s.
To make Hash Browns, boil peeled and grated potatoes. Squeeze the excess water from grated potatoes and mix with rice flour, cornflour, onion powder, and white pepper. Shape these potatoes and freeze them for 1 to 3 hours. Then fry for 4 to 5 minutes. Crispy hash browns are ready!
The most important step to make this copycat recipe is to take out the starch and moisture completely. I have shared the complete instructions on how you can do so and make perfect hash brown just like McDonald’s. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. McDonald’s Sweet and Sour Sauce– This sweet and sour sauce by McDonald’s is something that you have tried for sure. McDonald’s servers it with their nuggets commonly and now you can make it at your home with this authentic recipe.
2. Waffle House Authentic Waffles– Eating waffles for your breakfast is a very great choice and one of the best places that serve waffles is Waffle House. They serve the finest waffles in America.
3. IHOP French Toast– IHOP is an American restaurant famous for its breakfast food, including sandwiches and pancakes. Among their sandwiches, their french toast is the most popular sandwich loved by most of the people.
4. Arby’s Reuben Sandwich– The flavor of cheese and dressing combined with corned beef and sauerkraut between two rye bread slices is just a treat for all the sandwich lovers.
McDonald’s Hash Browns Recipe
- 300 g Russet Potatoes
- 3 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Granulated White Sugar
- 2 tbsp Potato Flour
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- ¼ tsp White Pepper
- Canola Oil
- Peel the potatoes and place them in cold water to avoid discoloring.
- Add salt and sugar to 3 cups of boiling water.
- Grate potatoes with the help of a large hole of a box grater. Then, add them to boiling water.
- Boil those grated potatoes for nearly 3 minutes.
- Now, with the help of a strainer, strain the potatoes.
- Run them under cold water for almost 1 minute.
- Squeeze the excess water with the help of a cheesecloth-lined strainer.
- Take a bowl and mix those potatoes with rice flour, cornflour, onion powder and white pepper.
- Give them a shape of patties and freeze those patties for 1 to 3 hours.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan and add those frozen patties in a batch of 2.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Make sure they are golden and crispy on both sides.
- Use a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess oil.
I have done my part. Now, it’s your turn to make these crispy hash browns at your home. Make sure to tell your experience in the comments section below. Also, mention any suggestion or queries you might have. I’ll be happy to help you. Till then, happy eating!