Glaze the red cabbage with the finest Christmas flavors! Enjoy Gordon Ramsay’s braised red cabbage at the Christmas feast. This recipe spices up the cabbage in Chef Ramsay’s style. So! It tastes exceptionally good. You can make this easy recipe at home and trust me, and it’ll taste like it’s made in heaven.
Gordon Ramsay’s braised red cabbage is a low-fat side dish for Christmas. It does not require many ingredients and can be made a day before the Christmas feast. The cabbage is braised with exciting flavors of spices like cinnamon, star anise, and cloves. The red wine vinegar strengthens the flavors and adds more depth to the color of this dish. You can keep braised cabbage in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 days. Now, let’s try the recipe for Gordon Ramsay’s braised red cabbage.
Before you start with the recipe, check out the lists of equipment and ingredients mentioned below. Read the instructions carefully to make Gordon Ramsay’s braised red cabbage exactly as chef Ramsay does. But before you check it out, explore the other Gordon Ramsay’s Christmas recipes.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Christmas Martini– Gordon Ramsay’s christmas martini is a great holiday cocktail. It is a mixture amaretto and vodka. The flavors infused are cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and orange zest.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Mulled Wine– Why have simple wine when you can have mulled wine? Gordon Ramsay’s mulled wine recipe helps you transform your red wine to a spicy drink. The spicy taste comes from added spices and the wine is served with orange slices.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Christmas Cake-Gordon ramsay’s christmas cake is a no-bake cake. It is made with a swiss roll dome filled with a delicious meringue cream. Just chill the cake to set and you’re set as well.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Bread Sauce– Gordon Ramsay’s bread sauce is a light sauce for your Christmas feast. It goes perfectly well with chicken as well as turkey. The thick sauce is flavored with spices that make it all the more better.
What Equipment Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Braised Red Cabbage?
- Casserole dish- Use a casserole dish to cook and bake the cabbage and apples. Make sure you use the casserole dish that can be placed on the hob.
- Baking Sheet- Use a baking sheet to cover the casserole dish while baking the cabbage in the oven. The wet baking sheet over the casserole dish maintains the moisture in the cabbage and prevents it from drying out.
- Spatula- Use a spatula to stir the cabbage along with spices in the dish while cooking.
- Oven- Use an oven to bake the cabbage.
- Knife- Slice the apples and cabbage using a sharp kitchen knife. You can use a chef’s knife to cut the cabbage and apples.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Braised Red Cabbage?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Baking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||10 Minutes||1 Hour 30 Minutes||1 Hour 50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Braised Red Cabbage?
- Butter- Add butter to the casserole to cook apples and cabbage. It adds more flavor to the dish.
- Red Cabbage- Red cabbage is the main ingredient of this recipe. Finely shred a small red cabbage for this recipe.
- Bramley Apple- Peel, slice, and core a Bramley apple for this recipe. It has a fluffy texture and adds a slightly sour taste to the dish.
- Sugar- Demerara sugar is darker and has a crunchy texture. It dissolves better and adds sweetness to the dish.
- Vinegar- Add a red wine vinegar to add fruity flavor and slightly tart taste to the dish.
- Cinnamon Sticks- Add cinnamon sticks to the casserole dish to add slightly sweet and spicy flavor to braised cabbage.
- Star Anise- Star anise will add aroma and a distinct licorice flavor to the cabbage.
- Cloves- Add cloves for more aroma and flavor in the cabbage.
- Lemon- Give a citrusy twist to the cabbage by using lemon juice along with lemon zest in the recipe.
- Sea Salt- Add sea salt according to your taste to enhance the flavor of this dish.
- Black Pepper- Add some heat to the cabbage by adding freshly ground black pepper.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Braised Red Cabbage
1. Cook apple and cabbage
Place a casserole dish over medium heat and cook cabbage and apples in it for about 5 to 10 minutes until soft.
2. Season and cook again.
Stir in sugar, cinnamon, red wine vinegar, star anise, cloves, and lemon juice along with the lemon zest. Cook for a few minutes. Cover it with wet and crumpled baking paper and bake in the preheated oven (160 C) for about 1.5 hours (stirring every 30 minutes). Let the apples and cabbage get tender, and let the juice reduce.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Also, you can keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheat it to serve.
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||1546 IU|
|Vitamin C||68 MG|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Braised Red Cabbage Look and Taste?
Gordon Ramsay’s braised cabbage is ready for you to devour! These forkful bites of cabbage are loaded with the flavors of red wine vinegar and aromatic spices like star anise, cinnamon, and cloves. Every bite is filled with a zesty twist and a hint of sweetness from sugar. It’s so tender and juicy that it melts in your mouth with the finest flavors of a celebration treat. So, give it a try and enjoy your Christmas feast!
Gordon Ramsay’s Braised Red Cabbage Recipe
- Casserole Dish (9-inches)
- Baking Sheet
- 21 ounces Red Cabbage (finely shredded)
- 1 Bramley Apple (peeled, cored, and sliced)
- 1 Lemon (juiced and zested)
- 3.5 ounces Butter
- 3.3 ounces Red Wine Vinegar
- 3.5 ounce Demerara Sugar
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 Star Anise
- 2 Cloves
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- To a casserole dish over medium heat, add butter, cabbage and apples. Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes until cabbage and apples are soft.
- Add sugar, cinnamon, star anise, cloves, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice along with the lemon zest to the casserole dish. Cook for a few minutes. Then Cover it with wet and crumpled baking paper and bake in the preheated oven (160 C) for about 1.5 hours (stirring every 30 minutes).
- Let the apples and cabbage get tender, and let the juice reduce. Then, remove from the oven and serve immediately. You can store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheat it to serve.
Share your experience about this recipe in the comments below and check out our other holiday recipes.