Mashed potatoes are a great addition to your steak and also a must-have on the Thanksgiving dinner menu. Gordon Ramsay’s mashed potatoes are really easy to make and are really creamy. The flavors are slightly accentuated with a little garlic and some chives.
You can use any potatoes for this recipe. The recipe is also very basic. This recipe doesn’t add as much of the Ramsay flare to the dish. The reason behind this is that this dish is a classic. There’s also not much you can add to mashed potatoes without losing the taste of the original recipe.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s mashed potatoes, boil potatoes for half an hour and set them aside. Then, melt butter in a pan and cook garlic in it. Add milk to the pan and stir for a minute. After that, add the warmed milk, chives, salt, and pepper to the potatoes and mash them until smooth.
This was a brief summary of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. This is only a snippet for Gordon Ramsay’s mushroom soup. Find the complete recipe below. But before you check it out, explore the other Gordon Ramsay’s Thanksgiving recipes.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Trifle– Gordon Ramsay’s trifle offers you layers of goodness in the form of a delicious raspberry flavored dessert. Layer the raspberry jelly, custard with sponge fingers. Top with whipped cream and fresh raspberries and you are set to stuff your face with raspberry goodness.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Turkey And Ham Pie– Do you want the best of both Thanksgiving meats?Make Gordon Ramsay’s turkey and ham pie. It has a creamy sauce, vegetables, tukey and ham of course. Top it with a puff pastry and watch it glow.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Cranberry Sauce– Gordon Ramsay’s cranberry sauce is a mixture of sweet and citrusy flavors. The sauce is a must-try and with Gordon Ramsay’s recipe, it’ll unmissable by your guests.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Cornbread With Maple Bacon Butter– Do you like to make cornbread for Thanksgiving? If you do, then Gordon Ramsay’s cornbread and maple bacon butter is just for you. Cook the cornbread and then serve with a mixture of bacon, maple syrup, and butter.
Gordon Ramsay’s Mashed Potatoes
- Hand Masher
- 4 Russet Potatoes (peeled, cut into cubes)
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 150 ml Heavy Cream
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoon Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Chives/ Scallions
- In a pot, add the potatoes cubes and add enough water to cover them, and then season it with salt.
- Bring the water to a boil and then reduce the heat. Cook the potatoes for about 7-8 minutes. After that, drain the water and set the potatoes aside.
- Place a pan over medium heat and heavy cream. Add garlic cloves, thyme, bay leaves nutmeg and seasoning to it and cook for a minute.
- Simmer the mixture for 2-3 minutes so the flavours get infused within. Strain this mixture.
- Using a hand masher, mash the potatoes over medium heat. Make sure they don’t have any lumps.
- Add the herb-infused cream to the mashed potatoes. Gently fold the cream mixture to make it fluffy.
- Now add butter and fold it. Garnish with chives or scallions and your mashed potatoes are ready to serve.