Mashed potatoes are a great addition to your steak and also a must-have on the Thanksgiving dinner menu. Gordon Ramsay’s mashed potatoes are really easy to make and are really creamy. The flavors are slightly accentuated with a little garlic and some chives.
You can use any potatoes for this recipe. The recipe from Gordon Ramsay is also very basic. This recipe adds a flare to the basic mashed potatoes dish. This dish is a classic. The probability of a noob chef messing it up is pretty low.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s mashed potatoes, boil potatoes for half an hour and set them aside. Then, melt butter in a pan and cook garlic in it. Add milk to the pan and stir for a minute. After that, add the warmed milk, chives, salt, and pepper to the potatoes and mash them until smooth.
This was a brief summary of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. This is only a snippet of Gordon Ramsay’s mushroom soup. Find the complete recipe below. Before that, let’s check some other Thanksgiving recipes.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Trifle – Gordon Ramsay’s trifle offers you layers of goodness in the form of a delicious raspberry-flavored dessert. Layer the raspberry jelly, custard with sponge fingers. Top with whipped cream and fresh raspberries and you are set to stuff your face with raspberry goodness.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Turkey And Ham Pie – Do you want the best of both Thanksgiving meats? Make Gordon Ramsay’s turkey and ham pie. It has a creamy sauce, vegetables, Turkey and ham of course. Top it with a puff pastry and watch it glow.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Cranberry Sauce – Gordon Ramsay’s cranberry sauce is a mixture of sweet and citrusy flavors. The sauce is a must-try and with Gordon Ramsay’s recipe, it’ll unmissable by your guests.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Cornbread With Maple Bacon Butter – Do you like to make cornbread for Thanksgiving? If you do, then Gordon Ramsay’s cornbread and maple bacon butter are just for you. Cook the cornbread and then serve with a mixture of bacon, maple syrup, and butter.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Mashed Potatoes?
- Saucepan – Boil the potatoes in a saucepan.
- Skillet – Prepare the heavy cream mixture in a skillet.
- Potato Masher – Mash the potatoes using a potato masher.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to mix the potatoes with the flavored cream sauce.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Mashed Potatoes?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||25 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Mashed Potatoes?
- Russet Potatoes – For mashed recipes, russet potatoes are perfect. Take half a pound of russet potatoes.
- Heavy Cream – Prepare the creamy dressing using half a cup of heavy cream.
- Butter – Drool some melted butter on the top of mashed potatoes.
- Garlic – Adding garlic to the heavy cream will enhance the aromatic blend.
- Thyme – A teaspoon of dried thyme will add earthy and minty flavors.
- Chives – Garnish the mashed potatoes with freshly chopped chives.
- Bay Leaf – Add a bay leaf to the cream mixture. It will enhance the sharp flavors.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the mashed potatoes with a teaspoon of black pepper.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Mashed Potatoes
1. Boil The Potatoes
Take a saucepan, add chopped potatoes and water. Let it boil for 10 minutes.
2. Creamy Sauce
Place a skillet over medium heat. In melted butter, add heavy cream along with herbs and spices like garlic, thyme, and bay leaf. Cook on a simmer flame until all the flavors are infused.
3. The End Result
Mash the potatoes over medium heat. Strain off the creamy sauce and add it to the mashed potatoes. Stir in evenly until the texture is fluffy. Turn off the heat and season the potatoes with salt, pepper, and freshly chopped chives. Serve piping hot mashed potatoes.
How Will Gordon Ramsay Mashed Potatoes Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay’s mashed potatoes are enriched with rich herbs and spices. It looks silky smooth and fresh. Once you try these mashed potatoes, you will see how easily it melts in your mouth. Dunked in a creamy sauce these mashed potatoes are delicious and full of nutritious components.
Gordon Ramsay Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 4 Russet Potatoes (peeled, cut into cubes)
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 150 ml Heavy Cream
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ½ teaspoon Chives/ Scallions
- In a pot, add the potatoes cubes and add enough water to cover them, and then season it with salt. Bring the water to a boil and then reduce the heat. Cook the potatoes for about 7-8 minutes. After that, drain the water and set the potatoes aside.
- Place a pan over medium heat and heavy cream. Add garlic cloves, thyme, bay leaf, and seasoning to it and cook for a minute. Simmer the mixture for 2-3 minutes so the flavours get infused within. Strain this mixture.
- Using a hand masher, mash the potatoes over medium heat. Make sure they don’t have any lumps.
- Add the herb-infused cream to the mashed potatoes. Gently fold the cream mixture to make it fluffy.
- Now add butter and fold it.
- Garnish with chives or scallions to this potato mixture.
- Your mashed potatoes are ready to serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How does Gordon Ramsay make mashed potatoes?
Gordon Ramsay boils the potatoes, prepares the creamy sauce, and combines them all together.
2. Which are the best potatoes to mash?
Take some russet potatoes and Yukon gold potatoes whenever you wish to make mashed potatoes.
3. Are mashed potatoes better with milk or cream?
Prepare the mashed potatoes with heavy cream. However, adding milk will also serve the purpose.
4. How do I make my smash taste better?
Adding creamy sauce to the mashed potatoes will make them smooth and taste even better.
Hurry up and prepare this copycat recipe of Gordon Ramsay’s mashed potatoes with the recipe article above. Share your cooking experience with us in the comment section below.