We all automatically say ‘Turkey’ when anyone says “Thanksgiving,” but this is a vegetarian’s plight. I feel like there are not enough delicious vegetarian recipes that are not boring. I mean, you have green beans and mashed potatoes, but they can’t be called an ‘interesting meal.’ Also, why eat mac and cheese on Thanksgiving when you eat that every other day.
Gordon Ramsay’s cauliflower cheese is the answer to your prayers (sorry, vegans!). This creamy and cheese-baked recipe has the one thing nobody can say no to; cheese. The cauliflower in it makes it healthy. It is topped with a cheese and breadcrumb crumble, so the top is all crispy and cheesy.
Gordon Ramsay’s recipe for cauliflower cheese can also be a substitute for your mac and cheese. It is just like mac and cheese, except it is healthier. You don’t need to tell the kids to eat your vegetables after this.
Let’s jump straight into it and see Gordon Ramsay’s cauliflower cheese. You will find the detailed list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions to make the cauliflower cheese. But before you check it out, explore the other Gordon Ramsay’s Thanksgiving recipes.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Braised Red Cabbage – Gordon Ramsay’s red braised cabbage is a great side dish for your Christmas dinner. The best part is it won’t add to your holiday weight as it is low fat. The cabbage is braised in red wine vinegar and is flavored with sugar and spices.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Yorkshire Pudding – If you are skipping the turkey and making roast beef this Thanksgiving, may I suggest you make Gordon Ramsay’s Yorkshire pudding with it. This combination will blow your mind, especially when served with brown gravy.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Eggnog – If we are talking about traditional holiday recipes, Gordon Ramsay’s eggnog is definitely on the list. This age-old recipe is a delicious and smooth drink, perfect for the holidays. It can be made with and without alcohol and tastes like melted custard vanilla ice cream.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Turkey And Ham Pie – Do you want the best of both Thanksgiving meats? Make Gordon Ramsay’s turkey and ham pie. It has a creamy sauce, vegetables, turkey and ham of course. Top it with a puff pastry and watch it glow.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Cauliflower Cheese?
- Large Pan – Boil the cauliflower florets in a large pan.
- Medium Saucepan – You’ll need a medium saucepan to make the cheese sauce for the bake.
- Large Bowl – Mix the different kinds of cheese in a large bowl.
- Oven-Proof Dish – Transfer everything to an oven-proof dish to bake it.
- Oven- Bake your cauliflower and cheese sauce together in a hot oven.
- Knife – Chop the florets with a sharp knife.
- Wooden Spoon – Use wooden spoon for stirring and mixing.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Cauliflower Cheese?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Cauliflower Cheese?
- Cauliflower – Use a large cauliflower of about 600 g for this delicious bake.
- Plain Flour – Add flour to prepare the roux while making cauliflower cheese.
- Butter – A tablespoon of butter will thicken the consistency of the roux.
- Whole Milk – Whole milk will improve the texture and consistency of the roux.
- Breadcrumbs – Top the bake with breadcrumbs for a crumble-like texture.
- Cheddar Cheese – Cheddar cheese will make the sauce flavorful and cheesy.
- Lancashire Cheese – Lancashire cheese will bring out buttery and long-lasting flavor.
- English Mustard Powder – Mustard powder has no flavor of its own. However, it releases an essential and rich oil which bring out the best flavors.
- Sea Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Don’t miss the seasoning as it will mess your whole dish up. A pinch of black pepper will enhance the spiciness.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Cauliflower Cheese
1. Boil The Florets
Add the florets to a large pan filled with salted water. Then, just boil them for 4-5 minutes and drain the water. Transfer the cooked florets to an oven-proof dish.
2. The Sauce Is Cheesy
In a medium saucepan, melt butter and start making the roux. Add flour and pour milk on the top. Stir in well to prepare a thick paste. Further, add mustard powder, salt, black pepper, and blanched florets. Stir the mixture and remove the pan from heat.
3. Oven-Proof Stuff
Pour the mixture in an oven-proof baking tin. Pour the cream sauce on the top. Finally, grate some cheddar and Lancashire cheese on the top followed by breadcrumbs. Place the oven-proof dish in an oven preheated to 200℃ for 15-20 minutes. Bake until it is crispy brown on the top. After that, take it out and scream, “hallelujah.”
|Saturated Fat||8.7 g|
|Trans Fat||0.5 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Cauliflower Cheese Look And Taste Like?
The cauliflower cheese looks golden and delicious. The top is a breadcrumb and cheese crumble. When you dig in, you’ll find a delicious cheesy cauliflower. This recipe will be gone before the mac and cheese. Sorry, but I’d pick cauliflower cheese over mac and cheese. This delicious and cheesy recipe will definitely light up the vegetarians at your Thanksgiving table.
Gordon Ramsay Cauliflower Cheese Recipe
- Large Pan
- Medium Saucepan
- Large Bowl
- Oven-Proof Dish
- Wooden Spoon
- ½ cup Cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon Plain Flour
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- ½ cup Whole Milk
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup Lancashire Cheese
- 1 teaspoon English Mustard Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- In a large pan, add cauliflower florets to it and pour water over them. Add a bit of salt and bring it to a boil. Boil them for 4-5 minutes and then drain the water.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and add flour and mustard powder. Cook them on low heat while stirring to make the roux.
- Then, add milk and bring it to a boil. Boil for some time while stirring continuously until the sauce becomes thick.
- Moving forward, add the blanched cauliflower to the creamy roux sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower cheese to an oven-proof dish and pour the cheese sauce over it.
- Add the breadcrumbs and shredded cheddar and Lancashire cheese on the top.
- Place the dish in an oven that has been preheated to 200℃. Bake it for 15-20 minutes. Take it out when the top looks golden and crispy.
- Your delicious Gordon Ramsay-approved cauliflower cheese is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you keep cauliflower cheese from being watery?
After blanching the cauliflower, drain off the excess water to avoid the florets from getting watery.
What goes well with cauliflower cheese?
Cauliflower cheese is well paired with steaks, roasted chicken, and much more.
Can I freeze cauliflower cheese?
Yes, you can freeze cauliflower cheese for two-three days.
Why is my cheese sauce stringy?
If you add a teaspoon of cornstarch, then the sauce will not at all be stingy.
This was all about Gordon Ramsay’s cauliflower and cheese recipe. It’s definitely worth a try. If you do try it, tell me in the comments how much you loved it. Also, all suggestions and constructive criticism are welcome. So, take care until we meet next time.