If you want to make pasta but with a twist, I suggest you try Gordon Ramsay’s mushroom pasta. In addition to mushrooms, you’ll find leeks and tarragon in the pasta. Also, the twist is that instead of the regular pasta like spaghetti or penne, Gordon Ramsay uses lasagna sheets. Unusual, I know!
According to Ramsay, even though an unusual choice, the lasagna sheets go great with this recipe. It’s also very hunger-satisfying and you won’t be able to get enough of this dish. He cooks the mushrooms and leeks in stock and then in heavy cream.
This not only cooks the mushroom and leeks perfectly but also makes a sauce with a smoother consistency. I love this recipe because it is quite simple. You just make the mushroom sauce and then add the pasta to it. Don’t have leeks? Here is a list of leek substitutes.
Also, the garlic bruschetta is an amazing side dish to serve the pasta with. The creamy pasta and the crispy bruschetta are a match made in heaven. So, let’s see how to make them, shall we? But first, check out some other Gordon Ramsay recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Carbonara
- Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti
- Gordon Ramsay Turkey Wellington
- Gordon Ramsay Apple Pie
- Gordon Ramsay Grilled Cheese
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Salad
- Gordon Ramsay Bacon Jam Toast
- Gordon Ramsay Quinoa Salad
- Gordon Ramsay Minestrone Soup
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Lettuce Wraps
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Pasta?
- Large Frying Pan – You’ll need a large frying pan to make the sauce.
- Large Saucepan – The large saucepan will help you cook the pasta better.
- Grill Pan – Toast the bruschetta in the grill pan.
- Wooden Spoon – Stir in all the elements with a help of wooden spoon.
- Tongs – With a help of tongs merger the pasta with the spices.
- Knife – Do all the chopping and slicing with the knife.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Pasta?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Pasta?
- Lasagna Sheets – The lasagna sheets are a different yet great choice for this pasta and go great with creamy sauce.
- Refined Flour – Prepare the lasagna sheets with half a cup of refined flour.
- Eggs – Add eggs to the flour for a firm binding of the flour.
- Water – Mix half a cup of water for better consistency.
- Button Mushrooms – The fried mushrooms give the pasta a great earthy and meaty flavor which is quite distinct in every bite.
- Garlic – Bring out pungent and strong flavors by adding garlic to mushroom pasta.
- Leeks – For savory and oniony flavor, add leeks to the pasta. It help in achieving a great texture, aroma, and flavor. Moreover, the leeks take charge of the creamy, buttery texture.
- Chicken Stock – Using chicken stock instead of water gives the mushrooms and leeks a better taste.
- Heavy Cream – Heavy cream is the ingredient that makes this pasta the creamy delight it is.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil doesn’t have a strong odor of its own. Hence, it is the perfect oil to cook vegetables.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the mushroom pasta with a pinch of black pepper.
- Tarragon – The addition of tarragon gives the pasta a herby touch.
For the Garlic Bruschetta
- Ciabatta Bread Slices – Gordon Ramsay uses ciabatta slices, but you can use French or Italian loaf.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil acts as grease when you need to toast the bread.
- Garlic – You need to rub the garlic over the bread slices to get all the garlic flavor in it.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Pasta
1. Cook The Lasagna Sheets
In a large saucepan, add some water and salt and bring it to a boil. Then, add the lasagna to the saucepan and boil it for 4 minutes. After that, drain the water and set the lasagna aside.
2. Prepare The Sauce
Heat oil in a large frying pan and add the mushrooms to it. Season with salt and pepper and saute them for some time. Then, add the garlic and leeks to it and cook for about 2-3 minutes. After that, add stock and bring it to a boil. Reduce it to a half and then add heavy cream. Cook it on simmer until it reduces as well.
3. Bring The Pasta Together
Once you’ve prepared the sauce, add the cooked lasagna sheets to it. Stir it for some time, then remove the pan from heat. Also, add the chopped tarragon leaves to it and keep it aside.
4. Making The Bruschetta
Now, take the bread slices and brush them with olive oil on both sides. Rub halved garlic on the bread slices and then toast them from both sides on a preheated grill pan.
5. Serve The Pasta
Spoon the pasta on a serving plate and serve with the garlic bruschetta. Enjoy your delicious meal!
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||9 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Pasta Look And Taste Like?
The pasta looks absolutely delicious with buttery leeks and soft mushrooms. The color scheme of the paste is white, beige, and brown and it’s quite appetizing, believe me. When we talk about taste, you can get the garlic flavor in every bite along with the earthy taste of mushrooms. The cream gives certain smoothness to the sauce and the seasoning helps elevate the taste of individual ingredients. The crunchy garlic bruschetta is the perfect partner to this pasta.
Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Pasta Recipe
- Large Frying Pan
- Large Saucepan
- Grill Pan
- Wooden Spoon
- 8 Lasagne Sheets
- ½ cup Refined Flour
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Water
- 8 ounces Button Mushrooms (trimmed, sliced)
- 1 Leek (quartered, thiny sliced)
- 2 tablespoons Tarragon Leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (peeled, chopped)
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
For The Garlic Bruschette
- 4 slices Ciabatta Bread
- 1 clove Garlic (peeled, halved)
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- First of all, make a pasta dough using refined flour and egg. If required, add some water. Make sure that the dough is firm enough to hold the shape.
- Give it some rest for 15-20 minutes and roll out using a rolling pin. A thin sheet is to be made out of the dough. Cut the sheets vertically using a knife. Dust it with some refined flour.
- Fill up a large saucepan with water and add a bit of salt to it. Bring the water to a boil and add the lasagne sheets to it. Cook the sheets for about 3-4 minutes. Then drain the water and set the lasagne sheets aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil and add the mushrooms to it. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over them and saute the mushrooms for some time.
- After 2 minutes, add the garlic and saute for a minute. Then, add the leeks to it and cook. Cook this mixture for 6-8 minutes until the leeks are soft and the mushrooms are light brown in color.
- When the mushrooms and leeks are cooked, add the chicken stock to the pan and bring it to a boil. Boil it for about 5 minutes until it reduces to half of its volume.
- After that, add the heavy cream and cook on low heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- When the sauce has reduced a bit, add the cooked lasagne sheets to the pan and stir, so they get coated with the sauce. Remove the pan from heat and add the tarragon leaves to the pan.
- Let it sit until you make the garlic bruschetta.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How does Gordon Ramsay make mushroom sauce?
To make the mushroom sauce, slice the shallots and add to the pan; allow to soften briefly before adding sliced mushrooms with a tablespoon of butter. Crush in the garlic using a garlic press. Add the Worcestershire sauce, mustard and heat for a minute. Cook until the sauce is thickened and reduced to half. The Gordon Ramsay mushroom sauce will be ready.
What is the name of a type of pasta that has a filling inside?
The most well-known pasta stuffed pasta is ravioli.
Does Gordon Ramsay put oil in pasta water?
The olive oil is added to stop the pasta from sticking together. Gordon Ramsay recommends adding the pasta to the pan filled with oil and then turning it in the pot as soon as it starts to “melt”.
Why do you not break spaghetti?
Generally, the spaghetti is suppose to wrap around your fork, that is why you should not break it.
Try this heavenly pasta recipe from Gordon Ramsay and satiate your cravings. Fill me in about your experience with this recipe in the comment section. Happy Cooking!