If you want to make pasta but with a twist, I suggest you try Gordon Ramsay’s mushroom pasta. In addition to mushrooms, you’ll find leeks and tarragon in the pasta. Also, the twist is that instead of the regular pasta like spaghetti or penne, Gordon Ramsay uses lasagna sheets. Unusual, I know!
According to Ramsay, the lasagna sheets, even though an unusual choice, go great with this recipe. It’s also very hunger-satisfying and you won’t be able to get enough of this dish. He cooks the mushrooms and leeks in stock and then in heavy cream. This not only cooks the mushroom and leeks perfectly but also makes a sauce with a smoother consistency.
I love this recipe because it is quite simple. You just make the mushroom sauce and then add the pasta to it. Also, the garlic bruschetta is an amazing side dish to serve the pasta with. The creamy pasta and the crispy bruschetta are a match made in heaven. So, let’s see how to make them, shall we? But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Carbonara– Gordon Ramsay’s carbonara is a delicious pasta with bacon, mushrooms, peas and a creamy sauce. The pasta is garnished with fresh parsley and served with freshly grated parmesan.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Sausage Spaghetti– Gordon Ramsay’s sausage spaghetti is creamy, spicy and loaded with meat. This delicious pasta has chili and pepper for hotness but is balanced out by the cream. This is the recipe for a great dinner.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Turkey Wellington– Gordon Ramsay’s turkey wellington is the perfect dish for a feast. The wellington is layered with golden puff pastry, soft crepes, meaty stuffing and juicy turkey. Serve it with cranberry sauce and gravy and enjoy your amazing dinner.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Apple Pie– Gordon Ramsay’s apple pie is a delicious dessert with a golden and flaky crust and a sweet and spicy apple filling. This pie is so simple to make you can even make it on a weekday.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Mushroom Pasta?
- Large Frying Pan- You’ll need a large frying pan to make the sauce.
- Large Saucepan- The large saucepan will help you cook the pasta better.
- Grill Pan- Toast the bruschetta in the grill pan.
- Wooden Spoon and Tongs- Use the wooden spoon to stir the sauce and tongs to check and stir the pasta.
- Knife- Do all the chopping and slicing with the knife.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Mushroom Pasta?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Mushroom Pasta?
- Lasagna Sheets- The lasagna sheets are a different yet great choice for this pasta and go great with creamy sauce.
- Mushrooms- The fried mushrooms give the pasta a great earthy and meaty flavor which is quite distinct in every bite.
- Garlic, Leeks and Tarragon- This trio gives the pasta a great texture, aroma, and flavor. The garlic is in charge of the strong aroma. The leeks take charge of the creamy, buttery texture and the tarragon gives the pasta a herby touch.
- Chicken Stock- Using chicken stock instead of water gives the mushrooms and leeks a better taste.
- Heavy Cream- Heavy cream is the ingredient that makes this pasta the creamy delight it is.
- Olive Oil- Olive oil doesn’t have a strong odor of its own. Hence, it is the perfect oil to cook vegetables.
- Salt and Black Pepper- I cannot stress enough the importance of seasoning in a dish. Season as much you like and enjoy.
For the Garlic Bruschetta
- Bread Slices- Gordon Ramsay uses ciabatta slices, but you can use French or Italian loaf.
- Olive Oil- Olive oil acts as grease when you need to toast the bread.
- Garlic- You need to rub the garlic over the bread slices to get all the garlic flavor in it.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Mushroom Pasta
1. Cook The Lasagna
In a large saucepan, add some water and salt and bring it to a boil. Then, add the lasagna to the saucepan and boil it for 4 minutes. After that, drain the water and set the lasagna aside.
2. Prepare The Sauce
Heat oil in a large frying pan and add the mushrooms to it. Season with salt and pepper and saute them for some time. Then, add the garlic and leeks to it and cook for about 2-3 minutes. After that, add stock and bring it to a boil. Reduce it to a half and then add heavy cream. Cook it on simmer until it reduces as well.
3. Bring The Pasta Together
Once you’ve prepared the sauce, add the cooked lasagna sheets to it. Stir it for some time, then remove the pan from heat. Also, add the chopped tarragon leaves to it and keep it aside.
4. Making The Bruschetta
Now, take the bread slices and brush them with olive oil on both sides. Rub halved garlic on the bread slices and then toast them from both sides on a preheated grill pan.
5. Serve The Pasta
Spoon the pasta on a serving plate and serve with the garlic bruschetta. Enjoy your delicious meal!
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||9 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Mushroom Pasta Look And Taste Like?
The pasta looks absolutely delicious with buttery leeks and soft mushrooms. The color scheme of the paste is white, beige, and brown and it’s quite appetizing, believe me. When we talk about taste, you can get the garlic flavor in every bite along with the earthy taste of mushrooms. The cream gives certain smoothness to the sauce and the seasoning helps elevate the taste of individual ingredients. The crunchy garlic bruschetta is the perfect partner to this pasta.
Gordon Ramsay’s Mushroom Pasta Recipe
- Large Frying Pan
- Large Saucepan
- Grill Pan
- Wooden Spoon and Tongs
- 8 Lasagne Sheets
- 8 ounces Cremini Mushrooms (trimmed, sliced)
- 1 Leek (quartered, thiny sliced)
- 2 tablespoons Tarragon Leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (peeled, chopped)
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
For The Garlic Bruschette
- 4 slices Ciabatta Bread
- 1 clove Garlic (peeled, halved)
- Olive Oil
- Fill up a large saucepan with water and add a bit of salt to it. Bring the water to a boil and add the lasagne sheets to it. Cook the sheets al dente for about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the water and set the lasagne sheets aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil and add the mushrooms to it. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over them and saute the mushrooms for some time.
- After 2 minutes, add the garlic and saute for a minute. Then, add the leeks to it and cook. Cook this mixture for 6-8 minutes until the leeks are soft and the mushrooms are light brown in color.
- When the mushrooms and leeks are cooked, add the chicken stock to the pan and bring it to a boil. Boil it for about 5 minutes until it reduces to half of its volume.
- After that, add the heavy cream and cook on low heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- When the sauce has reduced a bit, add the cooked lasagne sheets to the pan and stir, so they get coated with the sauce. Remove the pan from heat and add the tarragon leaves to the pan.
- Let it sit until you make the garlic bruschetta.
For The Garlic Bruschetta
- Preheat a grill pan. Meanwhile, brush the bread slices with olive oil on both sides.
- Then, rub the bread slices with halved garlic on both sides.
- Toast the bread slices from both sides.
- Toast the bread slices from both sides.
Try this heavenly pasta recipe from Gordon Ramsay and satiate your cravings. Fill me in about your experience with this recipe in the comment section. Happy Cooking!