Looking for the best veggie lasagna ever? Undoubtedly, it is Gordon Ramsay’s vegetarian lasagna. It’s filled with veggies layer by layer and sauce and grated cheese sprinkled on top. So, get ready to make the cheesiest lasagna ever.
Just like his vegetarian dishes, Gordon Ramsay’s vegetarian lasagna is loaded with veggies and vegetable sauce. This Italian dish is a perfect main course meal.
This lasagna is super delicious and you’ll forget for a moment that there’s no meat in it. Now, let us look at the recipe instructions for Gordon Ramsay’s vegetarian lasagna.
For Gordon Ramsay’s vegetarian lasagna, pan-fry onions, pepper, and garlic. Add tomatoes, herbs, salt, and stock. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
For the sauce, add flour, butter, milk, mustard to a pan and cook until it thickens. Add mixed vegetables, sauce, and lasagna sheets to a pan. Add the final layer of sauce.
Sprinkle grated cheese and pumpkin seeds on top. Cook for around 25-30 minutes.
Have a look at the recipe card below for detailed instructions. You’ll find the list of equipment and all the ingredients required for this recipe.
Try it now and save this recipe for later. Rate this recipe and enjoy your meal. Click here to check out some of the best Gordon Ramsay recipes.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Panna Cotta
- Gordon Ramsay Mille Feuille
- Gordon Ramsay Raspberry Soufflé
- Gordon Ramsay Trifle
- Gordon Ramsay Turkey And Ham Pie
- Gordon Ramsay Lamb Shanks
- Gordon Ramsay Skirt Steak
- Gordon Ramsay Rocket Mushroom And Bacon Quiche
- Gordon Ramsay Salmon En Croute
- Gordon Ramsay Potato-Crusted Sea bass with Minestrone And clams
What Are The Tips To Make Gordon Ramsay Vegetarian Lasagna?
- Saute the veggies until they are cooked through. It will help you to achieve a perfect textured lasagna.
- Whisk the sauce elements together evenly. It will result in perfect thick consistency.
- Do not overcook the pasta, as it will result in soggy and mushy lasagna.
- For the sauce, combine flour, butter, milk, and mustard. Whisk vigorously until the sauce thickens.
- Garnish the lasagna with extra grated cheese on the top for extra flavor.
What Is Traditional Lasagna Made Up Of?
The authentic traditional vegetarian lasagna recipe comprises a few main components like fresh egg pasta, Bolognese sauce, and cheese. All these elements are important to put together a delicious vegetarian lasagna.
How To Layer Up Lasagna in the Authentic Order?
Start with a layer of red sauce, and follow it up with white sauce, pasta, and cheese. Follow the same pattern until you have filled the baking tray. You can get a perfect lasagna with four layers topped with your favorite toppings.
Should You Cover Lasagna When Baking?
It is important to cover the lasagna with aluminum foil. Once the lasagna is half-baked, remove the foil and let the top cook perfectly brown.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Vegetarian Lasagna?
- Ovenproof Pan – Bake the lasagna in the oven-proof pan to achieve a prefect structured lasagna.
- Frying Pan – Prepare bechamel sauce in a frying pan
- Saucepan – To sauté the veggies and boil the lasagna sheets use a large saucepan.
- Spoon – Stir in the spices and veggies continuously using a spoon.
- Spatula – Spread the sauces evenly in the ovenproof dish with a help of spatula.
- Grater – Garnish the vegetarian lasagna with grated cheddar cheese. Use a sharp grater to grate the cheddar cheese.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Vegetarian Lasagna?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||40 Minutes||50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Vegetarian Lasagna?
- Oil – Use olive oil to cook the veggies nicely.
- Lasagna Sheets – Prepare the lasagna by combining the veggies and the sauces with the lasagna sheets.
- Butter – Take a tablespoon of butter to prepare the bechamel sauce.
- Flour – Thicken the roux gravy with a teaspoon of flour added to the butter.
- Milk – Adding milk to the bechamel sauce will help you to achieve the perfect textures and flavors.
- Onions – Chopped onions will help you to achieve savory flavors.
- Garlic – Use minced garlic to prepare the tomato-based sauce. Adding garlic will bring out the aromatic blend of flavors.
- Chili Peppers – Spice up the red sauce with some finely chopped chili peppers.
- Butternut Squash – Add some chopped butternut squash to the red sauce mixture.
- Mushrooms – Mushrooms are a good source of vitamin d. Combine the mushrooms with the veggies and prepare the sauce.
- Tomatoes – Bring out tart and tangy flavors with chopped tomatoes.
- Tomato Puree – Thicken the consistency of the tomato-based sauce with half a cup of tomato puree.
- Vegetable Stock – Along with the tomato puree, half a cup of vegetable stock will emulsify the rich and umami flavors.
- Black Pepper – Season the sauces with a pinch of black pepper.
- Oregano – A teaspoon of oregano will enhance the aroma and give you a spicy kick its taste.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Vegetarian Lasagna
Step 1- Finely chop app the vegetables.
Step 2- Pan-fry onions, chili peppers, butternut squash, and mushrooms. Cook the veggies until they are translucent. Season them with salt, pepper, and oregano.
Step 3- Then add tomatoes, tomato puree, and vegetable stock. Simmer the sauce until it is thickened.
Step 4- Further, prepare the bechamel sauce in another pan. Add butter, flour, and milk to prepare the roux. Mix the roux nicely. Finally, add cheddar cheese to the pan and let the sauce thicken evenly.
Step 5- Meanwhile, you can put the lasagna sheets to boil.
Step 6- Take a large oven-proof dish to combine all the elements. Spray the ovenproof dish with cooking spray. Spread the red tomato sauce into the pan, and pour the bechamel sauce over the red sauce, followed by boiled lasagna sheets.
Step 7- Repeat the same process for the next layering. Garnish it with cheddar cheese on the top to achieve a creamy and cheesy filling.
Step 8- Finally, it is time to bake the vegetarian lasagna. Place the dish in the oven and bake the lasagna for 20 minutes at 180 C.
Step 9- Your Gordon Ramsay-style Lasagna is ready.
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Vegetarian Lasagna Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay’s vegetarian lasagna is a culinary dish made with stacked layers of pasta alternated with sauces and ingredients such as meats, vegetables and cheese. Relish all the flavors incorporated in each layer of lasagna.
What Can You Serve This Gordon Ramsay Lasagna?
The lasagna is traditionally served with various food items. Some of the best pairings are mentioned below.
- Garlic Bread – Pair the vegetarian lasagna with garlic bread. This side dish can stand up to the delicious lasagna beautifully.
- Grilled Romaine Salad – Add some greenery to cheesy and flavorful lasagna. Grilled Romaine salad is one of the great options to serve with lasagna.
- Caprese Spinach Salad – A Caprese spinach salad is another perfect Italian side dish to suit your lasagna. Celebrate fresh sharpness and balance lasagna’s spicy and cheesy flavors with a spinach salad.
- Vegetable Sides – Lasagna is a rich main course that is fairly paired with vegetable sides. The vegetable sides, like spinach and basil, add a perfect note to this Italian flavor symphony.
How Can You Reheat This Lasagna?
This is how you can reheat Gordon Ramsay’s Lasagna-
- Place the lasagna in the oven-proof baking dish to reheat.
- To avoid the lasagna from drying out, you can add a splash of liquid over the top of the lasagna. The liquid does all the magic here.
- Microwave the lasagna for around 2-3 minutes until it is hot all the way through.
Gordon Ramsay Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 Packet Lasagna Sheets
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup Onions (Chopped)
- ½ cup Garlic (Minced)
- 2 Chili Peppers
- 10 ounces Butternut Squash (Chopped)
- 2 Mushrooms (Chopped)
- ½ cup Tomatoes
- ½ cup Tomato Puree
- ½ cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Finely chop app the vegetables
- Pan-fry onions, chili peppers, butternut squash, and mushrooms. Cook the veggies until they are translucent. Season them with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Then, add tomatoes, tomato puree, and vegetable stock. Simmer the sauce until it is thickened.
- Further, prepare the bechamel sauce in another pan. Add butter, flour, and milk to prepare the roux. Mix the roux nicely. Finally, add cheddar cheese to the pan and let the sauce thicken evenly.
- Meanwhile, you can put the lasagna sheets to boil.
- Take a large oven-proof dish to put together all the elements. Spray the ovenproof dish with the cooking spray. Spread the red tomato sauce into the pan, and pour the bechamel sauce over the red sauce, followed by boiled lasagna sheets.
- Repeat the same process for the next layering. Garnish it with cheddar cheese on the top to achieve a creamy and cheesy filling.
- Finally, it is time to bake the vegetarian lasagna. Place the dish in the oven and bake the lasagna for 20 minutes at 180 C.
- Your Gordon Ramsay style Lasagna is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What does veg lasagna contain?
The vegetarian lasagna is made of up layers of plenty of sautéed vegetables (onions, carrots, zucchini, broccoli and yellow squash), cheeses and a very simple creamy spinach sauce.
What are the 3 main components of a lasagna?
The three main components that lasagna really has — the noodles, sauce and cheese
Should lasagna be covered when baking?
Yes, lasagna should be covered when baking.
Which is better for lasagna cottage or ricotta?
You can prepare the lasagna with cottage, ricotta, or any other cheese. The choice is completely yours.
Gordon Ramsay teaches us perfectly to prepare a hearty, warm,. and colorful vegetarian lasagna in no time. Follow the above recipe steps to get it done right. Do not forget to share your cooking exprinc