Paula Deen sweet potato casserole recipe isn’t technically a dessert, but it still sugary enough to satisfy your sweet tooth. This recipe has all your favorite ingredients – cream, eggs, pecans, oh my!
In just one hour, you get this casserole to satiate your appetite. Start with boiling sweet potatoes, mash them and combine them with other ingredients. Make a smooth mixture and pour it into the casserole.
Top up the casserole with an exciting topping of butter, brown sugar, and pecans, and bake for some time. Yey! It’sIt’s ready.
Suppose you want to top your sweet potato casserole with a unique ingredient. You can try marshmallow topping. It will create a distinct minty flavor along with sweet potatoes.
Also, add some cheese if you like your casserole to be mushy. You will love all the combos on your plate.
Paula Deen sweet potato casserole is a food mash-up you have to try. The oven does all the work, so you don’t have to worry about it.
Fret not, I will not leave you without giving you the hands-on recipe. So, look below and get the recipe information. Check out Paula Deen recipes.
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Foolproof Standing Rib Roast
- Paula Deen Scalloped Potatoes
- Paula Deen Chicken Salad
- Paula Deen Monster Cookies
- Spicy Paula Deen Chili
- Paula Deen Lasagna
- Paula Deen Cream Corn
- Paula Deen Egg Custard Pie
- Paula Deen Chicken Divan Casserole
- Paula Deen Prime Rib
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Sweet Potato Casserole?
- Oven – Bake sweet potato casserole in the oven at 350 degrees.
- Mixer – Use an electric mixer to combine the batter.
- Saucepan – Combine sweet potatoes and water in the saucepan and boil them.
- Potato Masher – Smash sweet potatoes with a masher.
- Casserole – Get ready to bake the creamy casserole for a festival celebration.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to mix all the ingredients.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Sweet Potato Casserole?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||30 Minutes||1 Hour|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Sweet Potato Casserole?
- Sweet Potatoes – Take mashed sweet potatoes for this casserole.
- Water – Boil sweet potatoes in a saucepan filled with water.
- Butter – Grease the casserole with melted butter.
- Vanilla Extract – Add vanilla extract for a rich flavor.
- Eggs – Eggs will add a nice structure to the casserole.
- Half And Half Cream – Half and half cream will add a nice creaminess to the casserole.
- Pecans – For the nutty casserole, add pecans.
- Flour – Flour adds a nice consistency to the casserole.
- Cinnamon – A pinch of cinnamon adds a nice fragrance to the dish.
- Nutmeg – Nutmeg adds a warm sweet taste.
- Brown Sugar – Make a batter by adding brown sugar for caramelized flavor.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Sweet Potato Casserole
1. Cook Sweet Potatoes
In a saucepan, place sweet potato water and boil for fifteen minutes. Cook on medium flame. Once cooked, drain and add cooked sweet potatoes to a large bowl.
Smash the potatoes with a potato masher.
2. Beat And Combine
In the same bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ⅓ cup of butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
Beat everything together with an electric mixer until you achieve a smooth consistency.
3. Bake Time
First, start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Add cream to the mixture and mix well. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish.
Top up the casserole with three tablespoons of melted butter, brown sugar, flour, and pecans. Bake for thirty minutes. Sweet potato casserole is ready.
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
How Will Paula Deen Sweet Potato Casserole Look And Taste Like?
Sweet potato casserole offers delicious bites and comforting food. It’sIt’s a soft, fluffy, and crunchy dish. The casserole is topped with pecans, which add to its delectability. This casserole has all the natural flavors of sweet potatoes without being too sweet.
Paula Deen Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups Sweet Potatoes (mashed)
- 1½ cup Water
- ⅓ cup Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Half and Half Cream
- 1 cup Pecans (chopped)
- ⅓ cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine boiled sweet potatoes, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ⅓ cup of butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Using an electric mixer, keep the mixture smooth.
- Stir in cream and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole.
- Top up with melted butter, flour, brown sugar, and pecans.
- Bake for thirty minutes.
- Paula Deen’s sweet potato casserole is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you make sweet potatoes ahead of time?
Yes! You can make sweet potatoes two days in advance. Prepare the filling and topping separately. When baking, combine everything in a casserole dish and bake. You can store this sweet potato casserole in the refrigerator.
How to store sweet potato casserole?
To reheat the casserole, cover the sweet potato casserole with foil and bake it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
Can you freeze sweet potato casserole?
Yes! You can freeze the casserole. Bake the filling and allow it to cool for some time. Wrap the entire casserole with foil paper. Freeze for upto three months.
How to cook your sweet potato for casserole?
You can bake sweet potatoes or boil potatoes on a stovetop. Also, you can microwave them or cook them in an instant pot.
What to pair with sweet potato casserole?
Sweet potato casserole paired well with meatloaf, French dip, pork, steaks, and roasted turkey.
Get ready for a life-changing moment with this sweet potato casserole. Make this at home on Thanksgiving and get surprised with every bite. Follow the recipe and make yours!