Amp your culinary skills by making a hearty bowl of Paula Deen Squash Casserole recipe this Thanksgiving. It is filled with cheesy goodness and a blend of other flavors. Find the recipe details below.
To make this casserole, start by sauteing onions and squash. Then combine them with cheese and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper and top up with crackers crumbs.
Bake to perfection in twenty minutes. The squash casserole is sure to impress you. This heavenly squash casserole is ready.
Here are a few tips for you to consider to up your casserole game. Use salty cracker crumbs on the top, as it will add a nice taste to it.
You can add fried chicken or pork chops to the casserole for the rich filling. This time make the squash casserole Paula Deen’s way.
Find the recipe steps, equipment, ingredients, and nutritional facts in the article below. Check out other Paula Deen recipes.
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Foolproof Standing Rib Roast
- Paula Deen Scalloped Potatoes
- Paula Deen Chicken Salad
- Paula Deen Monster Cookies
- Spicy Paula Deen Chili
- Paula Deen Lasagna
- Paula Deen Cream Corn
- Paula Deen Egg Custard Pie
- Paula Deen Chicken Divan Casserole
- Paula Deen Prime Rib
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Squash Casserole?
- Oven – Bake squash with other ingredients in the oven.
- Baking Dish – Grease the baking dish and pour the squash mixture.
- Saucepan – Take a saucepan to sauté onion and squash.
- Bowl – Mix veggies with cheese and cream into the bowl.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Squash Casserole?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||30 Minutes||45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paul Deen Squash Casserole?
- Squash – Use yellow squash to make the delicious casserole.
- Onion – Add onions for a savory flavor.
- Butter – Grease the baking dish with melted butter.
- Oil – Sauté onions and squash into the oil.
- Sour Cream – Sour cream adds a tangy taste to the casserole.
- Parmesan Cheese – Some grated parmesan cheese to get a cheesy flavor.
- Cheddar Cheese – Cheddar cheese is best to use for some creamy filling.
- Cracker Crumb – Top the casserole with cracker crumbs for a flakey texture.
- Salt – Salt gives a balanced flavor to the casserole.
- Black Pepper – A dash of black pepper for a strong spicy flavor
Steps To Make Paula Deen Squash Casserole
1. Cook Squash And Onions
Heat oil in a large pan. Once the oil is hot, add onions and saute for two minutes. Once the onions are softened, add sliced squash to the pan along with butter. Cook for five minutes.
2. Mix And Combine
Take a large bowl and transfer cooked squash and onions to the bowl. Stir in parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, and sour cream. Season it with salt and black pepper and mix it well.
3. Bake The Casserole
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take a two quarts casserole dish and grease it with butter.
Pour the squash mixture into the casserole dish. Sprinkle cracker crumbs on the top. Bake for twenty minutes or until you see it golden brown and bubbly. The squash casserole is ready.
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||7 g|
How Will Paula Deen Squash Casserole Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen squash casserole is loaded with tender squash and layered with cheese and crackers crumbs. It’s a perfect casserole knockout for your dinner plans. It’s creamy, cheesy, and looks like a perfectly baked golden brown bite.
Paula Deen Squash Casserole Recipe
- 6 Squash (thinly sliced)
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1 package Cracker Crumb
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (a dash)
- Heat oil in the pan. Saute onions and squash for five to six minutes until soft.
- Take a bowl, and add squash mixture to it. Stir in parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, and sour cream. Mix well. Season it with salt and black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the baking dish with butter.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for twenty minutes.
- Paula Deen squash casserole is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you make squash casserole ahead of time?
Yes, you can make squash casserole ahead of time! This delicious side dish is one that we like to make on the weekends so we have it ready for dinner.
You can prepare the entire casserole in advance. Refrigerate it and assemble it during the time of baking.
Do you put eggs in squash casserole?
This is a recipe for a casserole that features squash, but there are times when the squash isn’t the star of the show. Adding eggs to a casserole is a great way to make sure your dish is nutritious and filling especially if you’re looking to add protein.
How do you keep squash casserole from getting watery?
There are a few ways to keep squash casserole from getting watery. If you are using whole butternut squash, peel off the outer skin and remove the seeds. Cut the squash into 1-inch pieces and roast in a hot oven until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly and scoop out all of the flesh.
What you can pair with squash casserole?
You can pair this casserole with just about anything you like: asparagus, mushrooms, steak or chicken are all good options.
Do you peel yellow squash before cooking?
Yes, you should. Yellow squash is a delicate vegetable that doesn’t hold up well when cooked with the skin on. The skin can also be tough, so it’s best to remove it before cooking.
Bye bye boring casserole! Say hello to this appetizing squash casserole. This savory squash casserole is not a regular casserole, it’s packed with the goodness of fresh vegetables and rich cheese. Put your casserole in the oven now!