Paula Deen lasagna recipe contains layers – delicious ground meat, tomato sauce, and cheese. It’s the true definition of a decadent meal.
The recipe suggests a perfect way to make lasagna, so it only eats a little of your time without sacrificing flavors. Let’s get started!
The lasagna is divided into three components: cook meat, prepare sauce, and make cheese mixture.
Once everything is cooked, layer the sauce, followed by noodles and cheese, in the baking dish. Bake for forty-five minutes. Your scrumptious lasagna is ready to enjoy.
Most lasagna recipes call for red tomato sauce. This recipe contains a rich sauce flavored with dry herbs and seasoning. Then it is mixed with cooked meat.
Moreover, she uses cottage cheese while making the cheese mixture. It adds to the texture of the dish and makes it richer. What else do you need for a perfect meal?
What should you make for your next get-together? This lasagna is all you need. Do you want to know the recipe in detail? Follow the instructions and get your lasagna just like Paula Deen.
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Taco Soup
- Paula Deen Peach Cobbler
- Paula Deen Green Bean Casserole
- Paula Deen Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
- Paula Deen Squash Casserole
- Paula Deen Crockpot Mac And Cheese
- Paula Deen Corn Casserole
- Paula Deen Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Paula Deen Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
- Paula Deen Crab Cakes
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Lasagna?
- Saucepan – Cook ground chuck and Italian sausage in the saucepan.
- Cooking Pan – You will need a cooking pan to make a tangy and rich tomato sauce.
- Bowl – Take a small bowl to make a cream cheese mixture.
- Baking Dish – Layer the baking dish with noodles, sauce, and cheese.
- Oven – Bake lasagna in the oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Lasagna?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||15 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Lasagna?
- Lasagna Noodles – This recipe calls for lasagna noodles.
- Tomato Sauce – Add a tangy and sweet tomato sauce to prepare the sauce.
- Tomato Paste – Adding tomato paste will make the sauce thick and flavorful.
- Eggs – Take two beaten eggs for the recipe. It will give a firm texture to the lasagna.
- Mozzarella Cheese – Top lasagna with mozzarella cheese for a melting experience.
- Cottage Cheese – Make a cheese mixture with cottage cheese.
- Ground Chuck – Cook ground chuck in the pan until brown.
- Italian Sausage – For meatiness, add Italian sausages.
- Garlic – Add a hint of garlic to the lasagna dish for savory flavors.
- Onion – Onion adds an umami flavor and subtle sweetness to the lasagna.
- Tomatoes – Add diced tomatoes to make the sauce.
- Parsley – Parsley brightens up the tomato sauce.
- Oregano – Oregano adds a salty flavor to the sauce.
- Basil – For earthy flavors, add basil.
- Salt – A pinch of salt is a key ingredient to enhance the dish’s taste.
- Black Pepper – Add a dash of black pepper for a comforting and mildly spicy flavor.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Lasagna
1. Cook Meat
Combine ground chuck, Italian sausage, chopped onions, and minced garlic in a saucepan. Mix well. Cook over medium heat until the meat is browned.
2. Prepare A Sauce
Heat oil in a cooking pan, and stir in the cooked meat we just prepared. Season with oregano, salt, basil, and black pepper.
Then add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and paste to the pan. Mix well. Bring to a boil. Now keep the flame low and simmer for forty minutes.
3. Make Cheese Mixture
Mix cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, parsley, and two eggs in a small bowl. Mix the mixture well until you get a nice runny consistency.
4. Layer The Baking Pan
Take a 13*9 by a two-inch baking pan. Spread sauce in the bottom of the pan. Place uncooked lasagna noodles in the sauce.
Make sure you keep the noodles distinct. Spread the cottage cheese mixture on the noodles. Top with sauce again and mozzarella cheese.
Repeat the same process. End with the sauce. Reserve mozzarella cheese for the topping.
5. Bake Time
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for fifteen minutes. Remove from the oven.
Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on the top and bake again for five minutes. All the cheese will be melting on the top.
Paula Deen lasagna is ready. Serve and enjoy.
How Will Paula Deen Lasagna Look And Taste Like?
Paula deen lasagna is a wide flat sheet of pasta dish. The taste profile suggests a sweet, spicy, and tangy dish. Many ingredients contribute to the texture.
The lasagna noodles add a softness to the dish, while the meat and sauces give us a crunchy bite. The cheese layer adds an ooey-gooey texture and gives a wonderful mouthfeel.
Paula Deen Lasagna Recipe
- 9 Lasagna Noodles
- 15 oz Tomato Sauce
- 1 can Tomato Paste
- 2 Eggs
- 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese
- 1½ cup Cottage Cheese
- 1½ Ib Ground Chuck
- 1 Ib Italian Sausage
- 2 Garlic (minced)
- 1 Onion
- 1 can Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Parsley
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Basil
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Black Pepper
- Combine ground chuck, Italian sausage, chopped onions, and minced garlic. Mix well. Cook until the meat is cooked well for around ten minutes.
- Heat oil in the pan. Stir in cooked meat, oregano, salt, basil, and black pepper.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and paste to the pan. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer on low heat for forty minutes.
- Combine cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, parsley, and two eggs in the bowl. Mix well.
- Spread sauce in the bottom of the baking pan. Place uncooked lasagna noodles. Spread the cottage cheese mixture on top of the noodles. Top with sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the same process ending with sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Top the baking pan with the remaining mozzarella cheese and bake again for five minutes.
- Paula Deen lasagna is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the three main components of lasagna?
The three main components of lasagna are noodles, sauce, and cheese.
What’s lasagna made of?
Lasagna is made of pasta, flavorful sauce, and cheese mixture. It’s a great combination of flavors with rich seasonings and sauce.
What is the shape of lasagna?
The lasagna shape is rectangular. It’s thicker and made with the base of eggs and noodle sheets.
Do you add meat to the lasagna?
Yes! This recipe includes Italian sausages and ground chuck for a satisfying bite.
How do you make delicious lasagna?
Add lots of cheese and meat for the flavors. Moreover, add herbs and spices to make the tomato sauce flavorful and rich. This will make your lasagna taste better.
Armed with ground chuck, Italian sausages, veggies, tomato sauce, cheesy layer, and noodles – this masterpiece needs applause!
It’s a tasteful creation from Paula Deen’s kitchen. We are bringing you the perfect lasagna dish for the party hoppers.