If you’re looking for an easy chicken dinner recipe, look no further than Paula Deen chicken divan casserole recipe. This casserole recipe is made entirely with pantry staples and is ready in less than 30 minutes.
It’s made with hearty and cooked chicken and fresh broccoli placed over the prepared baking dish. Pour the creamy sauce over the broccoli and chicken, followed by the breadcrumb mixture. Bake the dish until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
As far as broccoli goes, you can use frozen broccoli instead of fresh broccoli. As for the chicken, you can cook chicken breasts just for this dish, or you can use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken. Last but not least, you can swap the cream of mushroom soup for condensed cream of chicken soup or even cream of broccoli soup.
This guide will show you how to make Paula Deen chicken divan casserole. So, what are you waiting for? Get into the kitchen and start cooking! Look for the details in the article below.
What's In The Post
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Collard Greens
- Paula Deen Stroganoff
- Paula Deen Zucchini Bread
- Paula Deen Gumbo
- Paula Deen Goulash
- Paula Deen Red Velvet Cake
- Paula Deen Pimento Cheese
- Paula Deen Cinnamon Rolls
- Paula Deen Broccoli Salad
- Paula Deen Tomato Pie
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Chicken Divan Casserole?
- Oven – Bake the chicken divan casserole in the oven for about 50 minutes until the casserole is golden brown and bubbly.
- Baking Dish – Place the prepared baking dishes in the oven for the delicate crust of the dish.
- Saucepan – Cook the diced broccoli and chicken until crunchy and brown.
- Mixing Bowl – Mix the mushroom soup, creams, cheddar cheese, and other ingredients in a medium bowl until it forms a sauce.
- Spatula – Smooth the creamy mixture well over the prepared broccoli and chicken with a spatula.
- Knife – Chop the washed broccoli and chicken with a sharp knife into bite-size pieces so you can cook them easily.
- Chopping Board – Place the chopping board underneath the veggies before slicing them to avoid mess.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Chicken Divan Casserole?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||40 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Chicken Divan Casserole?
- Broccoli – Broccoli, when cooked, will be tender, crisp-tender, or still crunchy.
- Chicken – Chicken, the star ingredient, is cooked and shredded before it goes into the recipe, so if you have a slightly gelatinous, slimy, and chewy texture.
- Mushroom Soup – The mushroom soup will offer a slightly tangy taste to the chicken casserole.
- Mayonnaise – Adding mayonnaise to the dish will give a sour taste with a creamy texture.
- Sour Cream – Add sour cream to the casserole for a tangy, tart taste backed by a rich, thick creaminess.
- Cheddar Cheese – Shredded cheddar cheese will give a sharp, pungent flavor, often slightly earthy
- Lemon Juice – Add lemon juice to the sauce to get a citrusy tart taste to your chicken recipe.
- Curry Powder – Curry Powder will give a deep earthy, savory, and umami flavor.
- White Wine – White wine will give crispy, citrusy flavors and a nutty buttery taste.
- Parmesan Cheese – Shred the parmesan cheese in the chicken casserole to add a gritty texture and a nutty taste.
- Breadcrumbs – I have used panko breadcrumbs to give a perfectly crisp top.
- Butter – Melted butter is a great way to add a crunchy golden topping to this casserole.
- Salt – Add salt to the chicken divan casserole to enhance the flavor.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper will give the recipe a rich, hearty, indulgent flavor.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Chicken Divan Casserole
1. Done With The Preparation
Preheat the conventional oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Dice chicken and broccoli and grate the cheddar and Parmesan cheese.
Now add broccoli in a saucepan with olive oil and cook until crunchy. Once cooked, put it aside, add chicken, and cook it for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat once the chicken is cooked through.
2. Preparation For Creamy Dressing
Put the diced and cooked broccoli into the baking dish and top it with cooked and shredded chicken.
Whisk the mushroom soup, mayo, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, lemon juice, a pinch of curry powder, salt, black pepper, and white wine in a medium bowl until it forms a sauce.
Pour the sauce over the cooked broccoli and chicken, and mix well with a spatula. Smooth the mixture with a spatula. In a small mixing bowl, stir the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and melted butter and sprinkle over the top.
3. Bake The Chicken Divan Casserole
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving. Serve over rice, biscuits, or mashed potatoes.
|Total Fat||39 g|
|Saturated Fat||20 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||1414 iu|
|Vitamin C||58 mg|
How Will Paula Deen Chicken Divan Casserole Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen Chicken Divan Casserole is cheesy, creamy, and made with chicken and tender broccoli florets with a crunchy panko topping. Packed with infused flavors the divan casserole will satiate your cravings and hunger.
Paula Deen Chicken Divan Casserole Recipe
- Baking Dish
- Mixing Bowl
- Chopping Board
- 1 head Broccoli (chopped)
- 6 cups Chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 2 cans Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Butter (melted)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup White Wine
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Dice chicken and broccoli and grate the cheddar and Parmesan cheese. 2) Add broccoli to a saucepan with olive oil and cook until crunchy.
- Add chicken to the saucepan and cook it for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat once the chicken is cooked through.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Put the drained, diced, and cooked broccoli into the baking dish and top it with cooked and shredded chicken.
- Mix the mushroom soup, mayo, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, lemon juice, a pinch of curry powder, salt and pepper, and white wine in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together to make a sauce, pour over the cooked broccoli and chicken, and mix well with a spatula. Smooth the mixture with a spatula. 8) In a small mixing bowl, stir the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and butter and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Chicken Divan made of?
Chicken Divan is a creamy casserole that combines chicken, broccoli, sour cream or mayo, cream of chicken soup, and simple seasonings.
What is a chicken divan?
Chicken Broccoli Divan is a casserole recipe characterized by a layer of cooked broccoli followed by a layer of chopped cooked chicken topped with a rich and creamy sauce.
Can you freeze the chicken divan casserole recipe?
Wrap the casserole securely with plastic wrap, then with aluminum foil. When ready to eat, thaw the chicken divan casserole in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
This delicious chicken divan casserole recipe is perfect for a family dinner or special occasion. It’s easy to make and can be tailored to your tastes to enjoy a home-cooked meal without all the fuss.