Paula Deen chili recipe is simple to prepare and delicious. With a perfect blend of meat with spices and herbs, this top-notch chili recipe is packed with varieties of flavors.
Here is what you need to make the chili. Gather all the ingredients. For meat, you will need ground beef. For beans, you will need pinto and kidney beans.
You will need chili powder, oregano, garlic, cumin, and cayenne pepper for spices. For veggies, you will need onions, bell peppers, and celery.
Cook the meat and veggies, spices & herbs, beer, and beans for two hours. Paula Deen-style chili is ready.
The best part about Paula Deen’s chili recipe is that you can refrigerate the leftovers. The spices will blend more when reheated.
Moreover, you can also serve this chili with amazing toppings such as cream cheese, shredded cheese, or green onions. There is not only one ingredient that makes chili taste better. It’s the meat, spices, and beans.
So, get ready to enjoy your favorite chili. Follow the recipe steps, and note down the equipment to use. Your journey to making perfect chili begins here.
What's In The Post
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Taco Soup
- Paula Deen Peach Cobbler
- Paula Deen Green Bean Casserole
- Paula Deen Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
- Paula Deen Squash Casserole
- Paula Deen Crockpot Mac And Cheese
- Paula Deen Corn Casserole
- Paula Deen Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Paula Deen Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
- Paula Deen Crab Cakes
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Chili?
- Dutch Oven – Cook meat, vegetables, spices, and beans in the dutch oven.
- Spatula – Stir all the ingredients using a spatula.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Chili?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|25 Minutes||2 Hours 15 Minutes||2 Hours 40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Chili?
- Beef – Cook ground beef in the dutch oven for ten minutes.
- Oil – Saute veggies and meat in the oil.
- Canned Tomatoes – Add canned tomatoes to the pot for thick texture and flavor.
- Tomato Paste – Add tomato paste for intense flavors.
- Beer – When mixed with meat and spices, it works well in this recipe.
- Onion – For this recipe, use diced onions. They add a crunchy element to the dish.
- Bell Peppers – You will need green and red bell peppers for the recipe.
- Celery – To make a hearty chili, add diced celery for refreshing vibes.
- Garlic – Fragrant your dish with a hint of garlic.
- Kidney Beans – Kidney beans add a nice texture to your dish.
- Pinto Beans – Like kidney beans, add pinto beans to a mouthfeel dish.
- Chili Powder – Spice up your chili recipe with chili powder.
- Cumin – Give earthy and warm flavor to the perfect chili recipe.
- Oregano – Add oregano for a salty and savory flavor.
- Cayenne Pepper – Lastly, add a little spice to the dish. You’ll need about half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Chili
1. Cook Veggies And Beef
Take a dutch oven and heat oil in it. Once the oil is hot, add diced onions, green and red bell peppers, and diced celery.
Saute for five minutes until soft. Then add diced garlic and cook for another two minutes.
Stir in ground beef and keep breaking it up with your spoon, so it doesn’t stick to the pan. Cook until browned for five to six minutes.
2. Add Spices And Herbs
In the same dutch oven, it’s time to add some spices. Stir in cumin powder, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Mix well. Cook for two minutes.
Add tomato paste to the beef mixture, and mix well for the intense flavors. Then add canned tomatoes and beer. At last, add pinto and kidney beans. Combine everything well.
Bring everything to a boil and then reduce the flame. Cover with the lid and simmer on a medium flame for two hours.
Stir occasionally, so the spices don’t get burned or stick to the pan. Paula Deen chili is ready.
How Will Paula Deen Chili Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen chili is a spicy, savory, and sweet dish. It combines soft meat, crunchy vegetables, and flavorful spices perfectly.
The gravy in this recipe is made with canned tomatoes, tomatoes, and beer – which adds intense flavors to the dish.
Two types of beans are added to the dish, which enhances the texture of the dish. Together, the ground beef and spices create a deep dark red color.
Paula Deen Chili Recipe
- Dutch Oven
- 1½ Ib Beef
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 can Canned Tomatoes
- 1 can Tomato Paste
- 1 can Beer
- 1 Onion
- 2 Bell Peppers (chopped)
- 2 stalks Celery (chopped)
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 15 oz Kidney Beans
- 15 oz Pinto Beans
- ¼ cup Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cumin (ground)
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Heat oil in the dutch oven. Add onions, bell peppers, and celery. Cook for five minutes. Add garlic, and cook for two minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned for five minutes.
- Now add cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Cook for two minutes.
- Then add tomato paste, canned tomatoes, and beer. Mix well.
- Stir in pinto and kidney beans.
- Bring everything to a boil. Reduce flame and simmer for two hours covered.
- Paula Deen chili is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the secret to making a good chili?
There are a few tips to follow while making chili. Make your own spice powders, choose the right beef, and cook ingredients slowly in the pot. And lastly, give your beans a brine for the perfect flavors.
What is the best meat to add to chili?
Ground beef, short ribs, brisket, and chicken are some of the best meat to add to chili.
What is beef chili made of?
Beef chili is made of spices, beans, meat, vegetables, beer, and herbs.
Is chili better the longer it cooks?
Yes! The longer the chili cooks and simmers, the more flavors blend well. They cook through amazingly.
What beans are best for chili?
Kidney beans and pinto beans are ideal for making chili. They define a nice texture to the chili and add a flavorful twist to the dish.
Paula Deen’s chili recipe is truly an elevated version of a meat dish. The savory flavors of beef and the spiciness of herbs creates a perfect balance.
So, are you ready to cook this heartful dish? Then follow this recipe and let us know how it went for you.