You want to make a standing rib roast like Paula Deen, but you’re scared you’ll mess it up. It’s a pretty intimidating dish. But have no fear! We’re here to help you in making Paula Deen Foolproof Standing Rib Roast.
First, choose a good quality cut of beef. Then, season it generously with salt, pepper, and other desired spices. Next, roast the beef in a preheated oven until it reaches the desired level of doneness. Finally, let the meat rest for a few minutes before carving and serving.
When you cook meat, the juices flow to the surface. If you cut into it immediately, all those beautiful juices will gush right out, and all your hard work will go to waste.
But if you let the meat rest, the juices will redistribute themselves and stay inside the meat. Not only does this make for juicier, more tender meat, but it also ensures that your roast will come out evenly cooked.
This article will walk you through making Paula Deen foolproof standing rib roast. We’ll even show you a video of the process so you can see how it’s done. By following our instructions, you’ll be able to make this delicious dish with ease. Let’s get started!
What's In The Post
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Taco Soup
- Paula Deen Peach Cobbler
- Paula Deen Green Bean Casserole
- Paula Deen Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
- Paula Deen Squash Casserole
- Paula Deen Crockpot Mac And Cheese
- Paula Deen Corn Casserole
- Paula Deen Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Paula Deen Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
- Paula Deen Crab Cakes
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Foolproof Standing Rib Roast?
- Oven – Roast the standing rib roast in an oven for 3 hours until nice and pink at the center.
- Roasting Pan – A roasting pan is used for roasting beef in an oven with a rack and lets the beef sit above the fat and juice drippings.
- Wire Rack – A wire rack will allow air to circulate completely around the beef and prevents over-baking.
- Mixing Bowl – Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl until well-mixed with a spoon.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Foolproof Standing Rib Roast?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||7 Hours||7 Hours 30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Foolproof Standing Rib Roast?
- Beef Standing Rib Roast – Standing rib roast is a superior cut of beef having tender, juicy, and wonderfully flavorful.
- Salt – Salt will balance and enhance the flavors in the dish.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper will lend a complex flavor profile of piney, citrusy notes, making the bolder versions of the recipe.
- Garlic Powder – Garlic powder will add a subtle fullness of flavor, sweet and much caramel undertone to the recipe.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Foolproof Standing Rib Roast
1. The Roast
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Place the roast on a wire rack in a roasting pan.
Roast the beef for 1 hour and 15 minutes for rare, 1 hour and 30 minutes for medium-rare, or 1 hour and 45 minutes for medium-rare.
When the roast has reached the desired doneness, please remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
2. The Rub
Now it’s time to make the rub. In a small bowl, combine two teaspoons of salt, one teaspoon of garlic powder, and one teaspoon of black pepper. Stir until well mixed.
Set the roast on a plate. Sprinkle the rub all over the surface of the roast, using your hands to ensure it’s evenly coated.
3. Roasting Beef
Ready to roast some beef? Next, place your rubbed roast in a roasting pan and cook for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 275 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for an additional two hours.
And that’s it! Your roast will be nice and juicy and cooked to perfection. Enjoy!
|Total Fat||46 g|
How Will Paula Deen Foolproof Standing Rib Roast Look And Taste Like?
The beef is cooked to a perfect medium-rare, with a beautifully browned and crisp crust. The inside of the roast is juicy and tender, with a deep flavor that comes from a combination of herbs and spices. Paula Deen foolproof standing rib roast is packed with flavor, from the succulent beef to the savory herbs and spices.
Paula Deen Foolproof Standing Rib Roast Recipe
- Roasting Pan
- Wire Rack
- Mixing Bowl
- 5 pounds Beef Standing Rib Roast
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place a wire rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast the beef for 1 hour and 45 minutes for medium and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
- Combine salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a mixing bowl.
- Rub the seasoning onto the roast.
- Roast for 1 hour in the preheated oven. Turn the oven off and leave the roast inside for 3 hours.
- Turn the oven to 375 degrees F and reheat the roast for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does it take to cook a rib roast?
This rib roast recipe should be done in under five hours, with about 90 minutes of actual cooking time. You’ll know the rib roast is done when an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 145 degrees F.
How to store leftover rib roast?
Wrap leftover rib roast tightly in a storage wrap and refrigerate for up to five days. Reheat in the oven, so the roast doesn’t get rubbery.
Can you freeze rib roast?
Allow the roast to cool, cut it into portions, and wrap them individually in freezer wrap. Follow it up with a layer of foil for added protection. Place the wrapped rib roast into an airtight freezer bag and freeze for up to 9 months.
When should I season my standing rib roast?
For the best results, season your standing rib on all surfaces with kosher salt at least 45 minutes before you start cooking it, and preferably the day before, leaving it in the fridge uncovered overnight.
You, too, can make a delicious Paula Deen foolproof standing rib roast. All you need is a little planning, some basic kitchen supplies, and patience.