As versatile as delicious, Paula Deen scalloped potatoes recipe is a crowd-pleaser. It’s cheesy, creamy, and the best way to serve potatoes.
This scalloped potato has a short ingredient list so it comes together easily. Check out the recipe for more details.
To make scalloped potatoes, all you need is evenly sliced potatoes. Spread them in the baking dish.
With a basic seasoning, drizzled cream, and sprinkled grated cheese, it’s baked to perfection.
You will know it’s done baking when the cheese is melted and a nice golden brown on the top. Scalloped potatoes don’t get much easier than this.
Paula Deen prepares scalloped potatoes with a simple technique. She doesn’t add more than the required ingredients to make the dish extravagant.
She only uses cream, cheese, and seasonings to make this recipe instantly ready.
Scalloped potatoes are the heartiest dish for the weeknight dinner. Be it holiday dinners, thanksgiving, or Christmas, this dish brings you immense joy.
So, let’s discover the recipe in brief along with the equipment list and nutritional information.
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Taco Soup
- Paula Deen Peach Cobbler
- Paula Deen Green Bean Casserole
- Paula Deen Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
- Paula Deen Squash Casserole
- Paula Deen Crockpot Mac And Cheese
- Paula Deen Corn Casserole
- Paula Deen Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Paula Deen Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
- Paula Deen Crab Cakes
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Scalloped Potatoes?
- Oven – Bake scalloped potatoes in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Baking Dish – Layer potatoes with seasonings and cheese in the baking dish.
- Grater – Use a grater to grate the parmesan and cheddar cheese.
- Knife – Cut potatoes into thin slices with a knife.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Scalloped Potatoes?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Scalloped Potatoes?
- Potatoes – For this recipe, take four pounds of potatoes cut into thin slices.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – Add a layer of heavy whipping cream for a thick and creamy scalloped potato dish.
- Parmesan Cheese – Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top for a good melty cheese flavor.
- Cheddar Cheese – Add cheddar cheese for sharp, pungent flavors.
- Chives – Garnish the dish with freshly chopped chives to give an earthy vibe to the dish.
- Salt – Balance the taste of scalloped potatoes with salt.
- Black Pepper – Sprinkle black pepper for a warm spice flavor.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Scalloped Potatoes
1. Arrange Potatoes
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the baking dish with cooking spray.
In a 13*9 inch baking dish, arrange thinly sliced potatoes in the bottom.
Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of black pepper on the top of the potato slices.
Sprinkle ¼ cup of grated cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on top.
Repeat the same layer twice. In the end, drizzle heavy whipping cream on the potatoes.
Season with remaining salt, and black pepper. Sprinkle the remaining cheeses again.
2. Bake The Potatoes
Bake potatoes until tender and golden brown on the top for about one hour. Once baked, remove from the oven. Let it cool for five minutes.
Garnish with chives and serve. Paula Deen scalloped potatoes are ready.
How Will Paula Deen Scalloped Potatoes Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen scalloped potatoes are a cheesy and creamy casserole dish. This dish is lightly spicy thanks to thinly sliced potatoes seasoned with salt and pepper.
The cheese gives a salty, pungent, sharp, and nutty flavor to the dish. The dish is garnished with chives for a vibrant green color. It’s a decadent dish for cheese lovers.
Paula Deen Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 4 pounds Potatoes (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Chives (for garnishing)
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Grease the 13*9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread potato slices in the baking dish.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on the potatoes.
- Repeat the layer twice.
- At last, the layer ends with the remaining seasoning and cheese.
- Bake in the oven for one hour.
- Paula Deen scalloped potatoes are ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the difference between scalloped potatoes and au gratin potatoes?
Scalloped potatoes are a simple-to-make dish. It only calls out for a few ingredients and cheese. Whereas au gratin potatoes are more about cream cheese, and a lot of other types of cheese sprinkled in between the layers.
Why potatoes are called scalloped?
Scalloped potatoes mean thinly sliced potatoes. The potatoes are peeled and sliced properly to get the best layer.
What meat goes well with scalloped potatoes?
You can enjoy grilled ham, broiled lobster, beef, roast chicken, and fish fry fillets with scalloped potatoes.
Do you put eggs in scalloped potatoes?
Usually, scalloped potatoes don’t ask for eggs. However, if you want to add eggs, you can surely add them. It will make the structure more firm and taste richer.
What do you eat with scalloped potatoes?
You can pair saute veggies and meat with scalloped potatoes. They add a nice crunch when paired with such potatoes.
It’s surprising how easy it is to assemble dishes! Let this scalloped potato dish be the star of your next weeknight dinner party.
Only a few ingredients, and a short cooking time, and you’ve got a delicious casserole. It’s so cheesy you’ll insurgent into a never-ending tasteful experience.