One of Paula’s most popular recipes is her cream corn. Paula Deen cream corn is perfect for any occasion and incredibly easy to prepare. She has made a name for herself by creating delicious, southern-style recipes that are both easy to make and mouth-watering.
Start by combining corn kernels seasoned with salt in melted butter. Add white wine, let the wine reduce, and then add heavy cream and allow it to thicken.
Once cream and wine are reduced, add in cream cheese and allow to melt until golden brown and bubbly.
You can blend the corn with an immersion blender to chop it up for a more creamed consistency. Adding bacon, sharp cheddar, or sautéed bell peppers would be great options.
You can have a delicious batch of cream corn that rivals anything in a restaurant in just a few simple steps. Let us dive into the recipe of the velvety corn recipe.
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Taco Soup
- Paula Deen Peach Cobbler
- Paula Deen Green Bean Casserole
- Paula Deen Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
- Paula Deen Squash Casserole
- Paula Deen Crockpot Mac And Cheese
- Paula Deen Corn Casserole
- Paula Deen Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Paula Deen Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
- Paula Deen Crab Cakes
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Cream Corn?
- Saucepan – Melt the butter in a saucepan until smooth. Cook the minced shallot and Garlic until translucent.
- Mixing Bowls – Combine the ingredients in mixing bowls until smooth and creamy.
- Whisk – Whip the heavy cream using a whisk to add to the mixture to give a velvety texture.
- Spatula – Toss the creamy mixture until corn kernels are coated with butter using a flat-surfaced spatula.
- Knife – Mince shallot and Garlic with a sharp knife into chunks to add to the mixture.
- Chopping Board – Place the chopping board under the veggies before chopping them to avoid mess.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Cream Corn?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||20 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Cream Corn?
- Corn – Golden sweet corn is the perfect corn to add sweetness and texture to this velvety recipe.
- Butter – Adding melted butter to the creamed corn will add richness and flavor to the Paula Deen cream corn recipe.
- Garlic – Sauté Garlic in a saucepan to give a nutty flavor to the recipe.
- Shallot – Add in the shallots to have a delicate and sweet taste of the recipe with a hint of sharpness.
- White Wine – White wine will lend crisp, citrusy flavors with floral aromas, making the cream buttery.
- Cream Cheese – Cream cheese is perfect for the finishing touch. For a cheesier flavor, sprinkle some more on top before serving.
- Heavy Cream – Heavy whipping cream is the key to the creamy, decadent texture of the recipe.
- Salt – Salt will balance and enhance the flavors in the dish.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Cream Corn
1. Removing The Husks
Remove corn kernels from the ears of corn, rinse well, and keep them aside. Mince the garlic cloves and shallot into chunks, melt the cream cheese at room temperature, and keep it aside.
Whip the heavy cream in a bowl with a whisk and keep it aside for adding into the process.
2. Cook The Ingredients
In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat until smooth. Add minced shallot and Garlic until translucent, about 4 minutes.
Add corn kernels and season with salt as per your taste. Toss the mixture until corn kernels are coated with butter.
3. It’s Almost Done
Add white wine and whipped heavy cream and allow them to thicken. Once thickened, add in melted cream cheese.
Cook, stirring constantly and scraping pan until mixture has thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve them with roasted diced jalapeños at the end.
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Vitamin C||5 mg|
How Will Paula Deen Cream Corn Look And Taste Like?
Velvety cream corn is made with fresh corn, rich butter, and creamy half-and-half. This Easy Creamed Corn has the perfect balance of sweet and spicy flavors you can’t stop at one bite!
Paula Deen Cream Corn Recipe
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- Chopping Board
- 6 ears Corn (shredded)
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (melted)
- ½ cup Cream Cheese (shredded)
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream (whipped)
- ¼ cup White Wine
- 1 Shallot (minced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Remove corn kernels from the ears of corn, rinse well, and keep them aside.
- Mince the garlic cloves and shallot into chunks, melt the cream cheese, and keep it aside.
- Whip the heavy cream in a bowl with a whisk and keep it aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat until smooth.
- Add minced shallot and Garlic until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add corn kernels and season with salt as per your taste. Toss the mixture until corn kernels are coated with butter.
- Add white wine and heavy cream and allow them to thicken. Once thickened, add in melted cream cheese.
- Cook for over 2 minutes and serve them with roasted diced jalapeños at the end.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is cream-in-cream corn made of?
Heavy whipping cream is the key to the creamy, decadent texture. While adding a tablespoon of white sugar adds a hint of sweetness. This creamed corn recipe is seasoned with salt and pepper, and butter will further add richness and flavor.
What meat goes well with creamed corn?
Creamed corn will go better with beef tenderloin. Cook it on the stove to get that nice crispy crust, and pair it with a light side of corn flavored with a touch of butter and cream. The two go great together on any plate!
How do you thicken canned cream corn?
You can include cornstarch, potato starch, or flour. You can substitute stock or wine for the water as well.
What makes cream corn thick?
All-Purpose flour will help thicken the cream when mixed with butter.
Paula Deen cream corn is easy to make, and it’s sure to be a hit with everyone who tries it. So what are you waiting for? Give it a try and see for yourself how good it is.