McDonald’s yogurt and parfait are fantastic ways to start your day afresh. It’s a refreshing, quick, easy, low-calorie, and healthy menu item that can be prepared with no fuss. It’s made with fresh berries and layered with creamy take. So, let’s recreate this parfait and enjoy the classic fruit parfait at home.
Our chef experimented with the iconic breakfast menu, using different toppings and fruit. It was a perfect creamy and fruity delight. It was so scrumptious that I liked it. The creamy and tangy yogurt layered with berries and crunchy granola makes for a light, healthy, and addictive breakfast that brightens our day.
This recipe is much better than the original McDonald’s version! You only need 5 simple ingredients and a few minutes to make this breakfast yogurt parfait. It is one of the perfect breakfast menu and dessert items you can make instantly. Let’s try making it together.
This rich and juicy dish needs science to make. All you need to do is thoroughly review the guide for the exact flavors. We have provided you with the exact recipe so that you won’t have to rely on the food chain to bring it back. We really loved this recipe! Try this treat and enjoy your breakfast.
What's In The Post
Is This The Exact McDonald’s Yogurt And Parfait Recipe?
Yes, we have made the exact McDonald’s yogurt and parfait recipe. We have used the same ingredients as the food chain. The only difference is we haven’t used any additives, preservatives, or flavor enhancers to make it appealing.
Else, the recipe is the same and fulfilling. The only thing you need to keep in mind is to use quality ingredients and natural products as we don’t want any of you to play with your health.
Is McDonald’s Parfait A Healthy Choice?
Yes, McDonald’s yogurt and parfait is a healthy choice as it is made with low-fat yogurt and fresh fruits. Also, it contains no added sugar making it natural.
It contains healthy nutrients such as vitamins, calcium, protein, and potassium. Also, it is not very high in calories. Therefore, it is much healthier than McMuffin.
Do McDonald’s Still Have Yogurt And Parfait On Their Menu?
No, McDonald’s doesn’t have yogurt and parfait on their menu. You can’t find yogurt and parfait at McDonald’s today as it has been discontinued during the pandemic hit in March 2020. The reason for its discontinuation was McDonald’s focused on preparing easy-to-make orders, and parfait didn’t fit the bill.
McDonald’s yogurt and parfait were introduced in 2000 in a fun commercial, part of a marketing campaign. It then became a trendy menu item as it was the healthier option at McDonald’s. It made history with McDonald’s initiative, Dollar Menu.
But when the food chain faced a financial crisis in 2008, customers noticed changes in this secret menu. The portion was reduced drastically, and the price had risen about 20%. Still, it was in high demand. When the pandemic hit, it was discontinued with some menu items immediately.
Equipment Required For McDonald’s Yogurt And Parfait
- Tall Glass – You will need a tall glass for your parfait cup so that you can see all the layering.
- Spoon – Use a spoon to layer the ingredients for the cup.
- Knife – Dice strawberries in half for the recipe with a knife.
What Do McDonald’s Put In Their Yogurt And Parfait?
- Vanilla Yogurt – Use low-fat vanilla yogurt as the base for the parfait, as it is very creamy and oh-so-wonderful.
- Strawberries – We have used frozen strawberries as they release sweet juice when thawed and add the perfect sweetness.
- Blueberries – Frozen blueberries will go well in this recipe. However, you can use fresh fruit or replace them with the fruit of your choice.
- Granola – Granola is a classic topping for yogurt and parfait. It adds a delightful crunch and a toasty, nutty flavor. You can choose from different granola types, such as honey, almond, mixed berry, or chocolate.
- Mint Leaves – Garnish your parfait with a touch of freshness and an aromatic element with fresh mint leaves.
McDonald’s Yogurt And Parfait Ingredients Substitutions
McDonald’s yogurt and parfait is a 5 ingredients recipe. But, you can add or subtract whatever you want from the recipe based on what works for you.
- Yogurt – We have used low-fat yogurt for this recipe, but if you want to make your parfait more creamy, go for Yoplait yogurt. However, if you are diet-conscious, swap vanilla yogurt with Greek yogurt. For making it vegan, use coconut cream or milk as an alternative.
- Berries – Go for fresh berries if you can’t find frozen strawberries or blueberries. Or you can also prefer seasonal berries like peaches or raspberries. You can also replace them with options like bananas or mangoes.
- Flavorings – You can drizzle honey for added sweetness. You can mix nut butter, like peanut or almond butter, in the yogurt to add a nutty flavor.
- Topping – We have topped our parfait cup with sweet granola. It is a heavy-carb snack, so if you are watching your calories omit them. Also, you can drizzle chocolate chips for extra sweetness.
Does McDonald’s Put Cream In Their Yogurt And Parfait?
No, McDonald’s doesn’t put any cream in their yogurt and parfait. It is made with low-fat yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, and granola, which gives a crunchy texture. It was considered an idle sweet breakfast.
What Yogurt Does McDonald’s Use?
McDonald’s uses vanilla yogurt for yogurt and parfait as it adds a sweet and flavorful taste to the product. Vanilla is a popular flavor choice for parfait as it complements various toppings and mix-ins, such as fruit or granola.
However, it is important to note that not all outlets use vanilla yogurt for yogurt and parfait. In many regions, parfait is made by layering ice cream, parfait cream, whipped cream, and fruits. So it’s better to check the ingredient list or consult with McDonald’s directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information on their menu items.
McDonald’s Yogurt And Parfait Preparation And Cooking Time
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||–||5 Minutes|
McDonald’s Yogurt And Parfait Recipe Steps
1. Preparation Are On
Dice strawberries in to smaller pieces with a knife.
2. Layer Them
Layer vanilla-flavored yogurt in a tall glass. Begin with half a cup of yogurt, then sprinkle granola.
Add a few spoonful’s of chopped strawberries, as well as a few blueberries.
3. Let’s Chill
Repeat layers one more time and refrigerate until read to serve.
Spread each layer so they touch the glass that way you will be able to see all the delicious layers.
Tips To Make McDonald’s Yogurt And Parfait Better
This yogurt parfait is excellent as it is. But, in case you want to make it more appealing or exciting, you can consider the tips mentioned below;
- Use frozen berries to make this parfait recipe. When these berries thaw, they release juices that make them even more interesting and sweet without added sugar.
- Still, if you are using fresh berries and want to add sweetness, mix two tablespoons of sugar with berries for the same effect. Don’t forget to leave it for thirty minutes to meld.
- Use tall glass instead of a small cup to see the separate layering. Also, it will provide you with room to add more ingredients.
- We have used low-fat yogurt for the recipe. We suggest using Greek yogurt as it is thicker and creamier than regular yogurt. It can enhance the texture of your parfait, making it more filling and nutritious.
- Opt for seasonal fruits for better flavor and texture.
- If you want a sweeter parfait, don’t use refined sugar. Instead, use honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with flavors like cinnamon and cocoa powder. You can also add different extracts like almonds to your yogurt and parfait.
- Allow your parfait to cool before serving. Chill it in the refrigerator for some time to let the flavors meld.
How Will This McDonald’s Yogurt And Parfait Look And Taste Like?
This homemade version of McDonald’s yogurt and parfait is a perfect and tasty breakfast option. It is visually appealing and has a balanced taste. The combination of sweetened yogurt, fresh fruits, and crunchy granola is enough to satisfy your sweet tooth.
This McDonald’s recipe is layered with creamy yogurt with a light off-white color, followed by juicy berries and crunchy granola. It is a satisfying combination of sweetness, creaminess, and crunchiness, all decked up in tall clear glass.
It is sweet and slightly tangy, with a hint of vanilla when we taste it. The fruits add juiciness and natural sweetness, while crunchy granola adds contrasting flavors and textures to the parfait.
McDonald’s Yogurt And Parfait Toppings Options
This homemade version of McDonald’s yogurt and parfait is a delicious and nutritious way to start your day. To make it appealing, you can top it with various topping options. So, spoon the layers in a clear glass and present this parfait beautifully with these options:
- Berries – Try adding a variety of berries like strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries. These options will add natural sweetness, vibrant colors, and juicy textures. Use fresh berries if you have one, or go for frozen ones. But make sure to thaw them at first.
- Sliced Bananas – Berries are nice, but bananas will make them healthier and more nutritious. It will add a great flavor, making it fulfilling.
- Cacao Nibs – Add crushed cacao nibs to your parfait to give your parfait your slight chocolatey flavor and crunchy texture.
- Seeds And Nuts – Besides granola, you can sprinkle chopped nuts or seeds like flax or chia seeds to add a nutty texture to your yogurt and parfait.
- Jam – If you don’t have any fresh fruits with you, add jam or fruit compote. It will add sweetness and fruit flavor to your healthy parfait.
- Honey – Drizzle honey in a small amount to add some natural sweetness to your parfait and make it delightful if you use plain yogurt.
McDonald’s Yogurt And Parfait Calories?
McDonald’s yogurt and parfait is one of the healthiest menu options at McDonald’s as it is made with layers of low-fat vanilla yogurt, fresh blueberries, and strawberries, and low-fat granola, which concludes to only 150 calories! But, to know is it really healthy, take a look at the nutritional value table below:
Unluckily, McDonald’s yogurt and parfait is discontinued. So, if you are making this healthy meal at home, don’t forget to go through its nutritional value for a safer side.
Is This McDonald’s Yogurt And Parfait Vegan And Gluten Free?
No, McDonald’s yogurt and parfait are not gluten-free, as granola contains gluten-containing barley malt extract. However, if you skip the granola, you’re good to go with the sweet treat. Still, if you need a gluten-free option, it’s best to check with McDonald’s directly or refer to their official website or menu.
Besides this, McDonald’s yogurt and parfait are unsuitable for a strict vegan diet as they often contain dairy products such as yogurt. Therefore, if you have specific dietary restrictions or preferences, you must review the ingredients or consult with McDonald’s staff to ensure that the product meets your dietary needs. Else, you can go for other vegan options at McDonald’s.
To sum up, if you are allergic to gluten or dairy products, McDonald’s yogurt and parfait is not a good choice. It’s best to check their allergen menu for your safety.
How To Store This McDonald’s Yogurt And Parfait?
This parfait is best served when fresh. But you can store it in the refrigerator also.
- For that, you have to wrap the parfait cup with foil or cling paper to ensure it is airtight. Then store in the refrigerator for 3 days. For the safer side, do not add sweet granola if you are refrigerating.
- Freezing the parfait is a big no because the yogurt will lose its consistency, and the overall texture of the parfait will become sloppy.
Note: Do not leave the parfait at room temperature; else, it can lead to spoilage. Keep it refrigerated until you are ready to consume it.
Other Similar McDonald’s Recipes To Try
So, it was all about the parfait recipe. This is the exact recipe of the McDonald’s yogurt and parfait that we can make at your home. It’s delicious, simple, and oh-so-good. But if you want to try some more McDonald’s healthy recipes you can check them too. We have covered recipes like McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie, McDonald’s Southwest Salad, McDonald’s Mango Pineapple Smoothie Recipe, and McDonald’s Fruit And Maple Oatmeal.
Besides this, we’ve had a separate post about McDonald’s copycat recipes that you should check out.
McDonald’s Yogurt And Parfait Recipe
- Tall glass
- 1 cup Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 cup Strawberries
- ½ cup Blueberries
- 1½ cups Granola
- ½ cup Mint Leaves
- Dice strawberries in to smaller pieces with a knife.
- Layer vanilla-flavored yogurt in a tall glass by adding half a cup of yogurt,
- Then sprinkle granola.
- Add a few spoonful’s of chopped strawberries, as well as a few blueberries.
- Repeat layers one more time and refrigerate until read to serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you make this yogurt and parfait ahead?
Yes, you can prepare a batch of this yogurt parfait as an easy breakfast option a day before. They keep well when refrigerated for two to three days.
Will granola get soggy?
Yes, if the granola is placed onto the parfait any time other than right before you are about to eat, it will get soggy. So, if you want to avoid soggy granola, place a small piece of plastic wrap on top of the assembled parfait and then add the granola. When you are ready to eat, just remove the plastic and mix in the granola. Alternatively, you could just wait to add the granola until you are ready to eat.
Is a parfait the same as yogurt?
Yogurt is a thick milk-based product sold plain or with flavorings. A parfait, on the other hand, is a layered dessert typically consisting of yogurt, fresh or frozen fruit and berries, ice cream, and whipped topping.
What type of berries should be used?
Fresh berries are generally recommended to make pretty parfaits while frozen berries create a syrup as they thaw that doesn’t make the layers look their best. However, they syrup adds a natural sweetness and turns the plain yogurt into flavored yogurt.
This homemade version of McDonald’s yogurt and parfait recipe is made with fresh fruits, Greek yogurt, and crunchy granola. It is a perfect easy breakfast. It is packed with healthy nutrients. So, try this recipe now and don’t forget to share your views with us in the comment section.