Are you bored of normal salads? Try McDonald’s southwest salad! The components added to this salad will surely leave you drooling. Want to know the components? Follow the protein-based McDonald’s southwest salad recipe to seek out the secrets!
Satiate your palate with McDonald’s southwest salad with healthy and nutritious elements. The colorful salad is prepared with lettuce, lime juice, honey, cilantro, lime zest, chicken, avocado, tortilla strips, and a blend of rich spices.
McDonald’s southwest salad will be ready in no time. On top of that, don’t forget the golden rule for making the salad; that’s the dressing. Whisk the basic components, and the southwest salad dressing will be ready.
So what are you waiting for? If you are a salad lover, then lettuce discusses the details to make the recipe. The required list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts and instructions are mentioned below.
1. McDonald’s Pancakes – McDonald’s pancakes are fluffy, soft, and flavorful. The homemade version can surely hit the spot if you follow the guide.
2. McDonald’s Chicken Wrap – Hit the McDonald’s flavors with your homemade version of chicken wraps right away. McDonald’s chicken wrap consists of white meat chicken tenders, lettuce, cheddar cheese, ranch, and ketchup.
3. McDonald’s Mocha Frappe – McDonald’s mocha frappe needs brewed coffee, half and half, whipping cream, chocolate syrup, and sugar. Whip up the elements and it will be ready!
4. McDonald’s Big Mac – McDonald’s big mac is loaded with double beef patties and three buns, this towering burger will satiate your hunger.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make McDonald’s Southwest Salad ?
- Bowls – Marinate the chicken in one bowl and toss the salad elements in another.
- Tong – Toss the salad using a ton.
- Grilling Pan – Grill the chicken on a grilling pan.
- Baking Tray – Place the grilled chicken in a baking tray to bake them perfectly.
- Knife – Chop the veggies with a knife.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make McDonald’s Southwest Salad?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make McDonald’s Southwest Salad?
- Boneless Chicken – Southwest salad contains grilled chicken in it. Take some boneless chicken for preparing the salad.
- Lime Juice – Marinade the chicken with a teaspoon of lime juice.
- Honey – For a little sweetness, add a teaspoon of honey.
- Fresh Cilantro – Add some freshly chopped cilantro to the marinade mixture. It will bring out minty savor.
- Garlic Powder – Enhance the aromatic and strong taste by adding a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Lime Zest – By adding lemon zest the marinade will become flavorful.
- Romaine Lettuce – Add some chopped lettuce to the southwest salad
- Black beans – Black beans are a rich source of fiber and antioxidants. It will add subtle flavors but more nutritional value.
- Diced Tomatoes – Southwest salad is all about the choice of fresh veggies. Add some diced tomatoes for a tangy touch to the salad.
- Bell Peppers – Sweet bell peppers are well paired with lettuce and tomatoes.
- Onions – A savory blend can be added with some chopped onions.
- Avocado – Bring out some nutty and buttery blend by adding chopped avocado slices.
- Tortilla Strips – A few tortilla chips will add crunchiness to the salad.
- Corn – Put some roasted corn on top of the salad.
- Cucumbers – Cucumbers will add freshness to the southwest salad.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
For Southwest Dressing
- Sour Cream – Use a tablespoon of sour cream as the base of southwest dressing.
- Lime Juice – Add zesty flavor to the dressing by adding a teaspoon of lime juice.
- Smoked Paprika – Heat up the southwest dressing with smoked paprika.
- Chili Flakes – Spice up the dressing with chili flakes or cayenne pepper.
- Onion Powder – Flavor the southwest dressing with a teaspoon of onion powder.
- Black Pepper – Season the dressing with a teaspoon of black pepper.
Steps To Make McDonald’s Southwest Salad
1. Farm To Fork
Marinate the boneless chicken with a teaspoon of olive oil, lime juice, honey, fresh cilantro, garlic powder, salt, and lime zest. Swirl the chicken nicely with the marinade and put it aside for 40 minutes. Once the resting time is over, grill the chicken for 5 minutes and then bake for 15 minutes. This will result in crispy and tender chicken strips.
2. Creamy Zest
Prepare the creamy salad dressing by whisking all the basic components in a bowl. Take sour cream, lime juice, smoked paprika, chili flakes, onion powder, black pepper, and salt to your taste. Whisk it evenly to form a smooth and creamy salad dressing.
3. Bring Together
Assemble everything to prepare the salad. In a bowl, add chopped Romaine lettuce, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers, avocado, onions, tortilla strips, roasted corn, and cooked chicken slices. Pour the creamy salad dressing on the top and serve!
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
How Will McDonald’s Southwest Salad Look And Taste Like?
Salads are a healthy and tasty treat. McDonald’s southwest salad looks appetizing with colorful veggies and nutritious elements. Experience the freshness of aromatic flavors with each bite and lighten up your mood!
McDonald’s Southwest Salad Recipe
- Grilling Pan
- Baking Tray
- ½ pound Boneless Chicken
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- ½ Fresh Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Lime Zest
- ½ cup Romaine Lettuce
- ½ cup Black beans
- ½ cup Diced Tomatoes
- ½ cup Bell Peppers
- ½ cup Onions
- ½ cup Avocado
- ½ cup Tortilla Strips
- ½ cup Corn
- ½ cup Cucumbers
- teaspoon Salt
For Southwest Dressing
- 1 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Chili Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper
- Take a bowl to add olive oil, lime juice, honey, fresh cilantro, garlic powder, and lime zest. Mix it well.
- Preserve half a cup of marinade and pour the rest on the boneless chicken. Cover the chicken with cling film and set it aside for 40 minutes in the fridge.
- Grill the marinated chicken and cook on both sides until golden brown. Keep basting the marinade on top of the grilled chicken while cooking.
- Place the grilled chicken in the oven to bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the salad dressing by mixing all the components in a bowl.
- Mix sour cream, lime juice, smoked paprika, chili flakes, onion powder, and salt to your taste.
- Whisk it evenly to form a smooth and creamy salad dressing.
- Finally, begin to assemble. In a salad bowl, add chopped Romaine lettuce, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers, avocado, onions, tortilla strips, and cooked chicken slices.
- Pour the Southwest salad dressing on the top and serve!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is in the southwest salad at Mcdonald’s?
McDonald’s southwest salad is made with roasted corn, black beans, tomato, pepper, lettuce, chicken, lime juice, cilantro, and a blend of spices. The spices include onion powder, smoked paprika, chili flakes, and salt.
What is Southwest dressing made of?
The base of the southwest dressing is sour cream. On top of that, the dressing has lime juice, onion powder, smoked paprika, chili flakes, salt, and black pepper.
Does Mcdonald’s carry the Southwest Salad?
McDonald’s southwest grilled chicken salad is a nutritious salad that is delicious and a fan-favorite menu item.
What does Southwest sauce taste like?
Southwest sauce or dressing tastes similar to the chipotle sauce. It is spicy, sweet, and zesty.
Get your hands on McDonald’s southwest salad and make them with your tweaks. Refer to the above recipe and let us know how it goes in the comment section below. Stay tuned for other recipes.