McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothie is a delightful chilled treat. It is a satiating smoothie that refreshes your taste buds leaving you with energy. Try the easy homemade version of McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothie in your kitchen with us.
The recipe for strawberry banana smoothie calls for just 4 components, two of which are right in the name; strawberries and bananas. The other two are sugar and yogurt. Blend them for 2 minutes and the McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothie will be ready!
Shakes and smoothies are the best refreshing options when you are not in a mood to cook. It fills up your stomach, gulps down the sugary goodness, and puts your appetite to sleep. Make sure the fruits are fresh and ripe.
Don’t want banana in your smoothie? Well, here is a list of banana substitutes for you.
So let’s not wait anymore and get our hands on McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothie at home. Find the required list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions. Dive in to also find out some frequently asked questions. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. McDonald’s Caramel Frappe – This drink is made with a mix of rich caramel, coffee, milk, whipped cream, and ice. This frappe drink can be a refreshing drink for summers.
2. McDonald’s Special Sauce (Big Mac Sauce) – This sauce is one of the most selling sauces of McDonald’s. The reason why McDonald’s special sauce is so popular is that it is affordable and can be prepared in a jiffy.
3. McDonald’s French Fries – McDonald’s French fries is prepared in no time. Crispy, fresh, and delicious French fries are a must-have recipe one should not miss.
4. McDonald’s McRib Sandwich – McDonald’s McRib sandwich is a delectable sandwich prepared with pork, spareribs meat, sandwich rolls, barbecue sauce, dill pickle, white onion, and salt. It is a full-fledged meal.
What's In The Post
Is The McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie Healthy?
The homemade version of the McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothie is definitely healthy. The strawberries in the smoothie is rich in antioxidants and fiber. It is also a rich source of vitamins, especially vitamin C.
Bananas are rich in potassium and fiber. The smoothie has a yogurt base which is rich in protein, calcium, and probiotics. The homemade version of the smoothie is also free of preservatives. Thus, it is a healthy drink.
Is There Sugar In The McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie?
Yes, there is some amount of sugar in the McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothie. It is to make the smoothie sweeter and hence tastier.
12 ounces of the McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothie contains almost 39 grams of sugar in it. But you can adjust the sugar serving to your preference.
If you are not a fan of sugar, you can also add honey, maple syrup, stevia, or any other sweetener of your preference to the smoothie.
Can You Put Ice Cream In Your McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie?
The McCafé version of the McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothie contains vanilla ice-cream flavored yogurt but when making it at home, we use the unflavored yogurt.
But if you want that McCafé like taste, you can a little bit of low-fat vanilla ice cream into the mix. This will not only add a sweet taste to the smoothie but also a sweet aroma.
Is McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie Suitable For Vegetarians and Vegans?
As mentioned, McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothie has a yogurt base which makes it unsuitable for vegans. However, as they are no meat products in the smoothie, it is fit for vegetarians.
How Is McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie Different From Regular Strawberry Banana Smoothie?
The McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothie uses real fruits instead of artificial flavoring or powders. The real fruit purees and juices give the smoothie an authentic and refreshing taste.
The low-fat yogurt makes the smoothie creamy without compromising the healthy part. Regular smoothies use milk or half and half as well.
What Are The Tips To Make McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie?
- Add Vanilla Extract – If you are using unflavored yogurt to make your smoothie, add a few drops of vanilla extract to give the smoothie that sweet vanilla aroma.
- Use Frozen Strawberries – In addition to ice cubes, you can add frozen strawberries to the smoothie to give it the thick consistency and make it chilled.
- Add Half-And-Half – If you are not worried about the calorie part, you can add a little half-and-half can make your smoothie creamier and richer.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie?
- Blender – Immerse all the components together in a blender.
- Glass – Pour the smoothie in glass when blended to perfection.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|2 Minutes||–||2 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie?
- Strawberry – Take some frozen sliced strawberries to prepare a strawberry banana. You can also take fresh strawberries.
- Banana – Add one full banana to the blender for the smoothie.
- Sugar – A tablespoon of sugar to your taste.
- Yogurt – Achieve better consistency by adding unflavored yogurt.
- Crushed Ice – For making chilled smoothie take half a cup of crushed ice.
Steps To Make McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Step 1- In a blender jar, add the sliced bananas.
Step 2- After you’ve added the bananas, drop the sliced strawberries in the jar as well.
Step 3- Then, into the jar add yogurt.
Step 4- Followed by yogurt, add sugar to the blender jar as well.
Step 5- Lastly, add in the ice cubes and close the blender jar. Blend the ingredients for about 2 minutes.
Step 6- Pour the McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothie into a tall glass and enjoy. You can add some ice if you want!
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
How Will McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie Look And Taste Like?
Besides the texture, the flavors of McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothie are delectable. The smoothie has a pretty pink color thanks to the strawberries.
It has a sweet and slightly tangy taste. The bananas and yogurt make the smoothie thick and creamy. I say it is an absolute delight!
What Are The Toppings That You Can Add To McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie?
- Freshly Sliced Strawberries – You can garnish and top your McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothie with freshly sliced strawberries. They not only look good but also make the pink smoothie look even more pleasing.
- Ice-Cream – Another great topping for your smoothie is ice-cream. You can go for the plain ol’ vanilla or get quirky with some strawberry ice-cream.
- Whipped Cream – This is probably the most ‘inside-the-box’ topping. Top your smoothie with a swirl of whipped cream and enjoy!
Is It Okay To Store McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie?
As the McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothie contains yogurt and fruits, it won’t taste as good if consumed after a long time. Thus, I’d recommend to make and consume smoothie fresh.
McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- ½ cup Bananas (sliced)
- 280 g Frozen Strawberries (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 cup Crushed Ice
- In a blender jar, add the sliced bananas.
- After you've added the bananas, drop the sliced strawberries in the jar as well.
- Then, into the jar add yogurt.
- Followed by yogurt, add sugar to the blender jar as well.
- Lastly, add in the ice cubes and close the blender jar. Blend the ingredients for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothie into a tall glass and enjoy. You can add some ice if you want!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What’s in the McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie?
McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothie is prepared by adding strawberry, bananas, sugar, ice, and yogurt. Blend everything and the strawberry banana smoothie will be ready.
Does Mcdonalds Strawberry Banana Smoothie have added sugar?
McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothie has sugar in both the yogurt and the fruit puree.
How much sugar is in McDonald’s smoothie?
McDonald’s smoothie has 55g of sugar and the large smoothie has 70g of sugar.
How much is a McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie?
The small strawberry banana smoothie costs you $2.49 and the large one costs you $3.49.
Enjoy this smoothie in the mornings and start your day refreshed. Make sure you tell me your experience and suggestions in the comment section below. And don’t forget to check our other recipes. Till then, happy eating!