When I was in Valencia for my vacation, while roaming around the city, I asked someone about the famous dishes of this beautiful city, and I was introduced to Paella. Today, I will be sharing Jamie Oliver paella recipe with you.
Upon researching about Paella, I found out that paella is a dish that is made from Spanish rice and is famous in Spanish cuisine.
Jamie Oliver paella recipe is one of the most sought-after paella recipes. The chef is a very famous television personality.
To make the paella recipe, chop the veggies and chicken thighs. Heat oil in a pan and add chopped veggies, chicken, and paprika to it. For stock, stir tomato puree and crumble it.
Mix it all together in boiling water with sea salt and black pepper. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with a lemon wedge.
For those who like their paella on the traditional side, swap out the chicken for lamb or beef, or even adding in some seafood such as shrimp or crab.
If you want a heartier paella, brown rice or wild rice are good options. Or, for a more flavorful dish, try using Basmati or Jasmine rice.
You can use any combination of vegetables that you like in your paella. Just be sure to cook them until they are tender before adding them into the dish.
This was just a brief introduction to a much-elaborated recipe that awaits you. Read on in order to know more about the ingredients involved, the nutritional value, and the detailed steps of the paella recipe.
But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs. Before you proceed with the recipe, check out the list of other Jamie Oliver recipes.
Other Jamie Oliver Recipes That You Can Try
- Jamie Oliver Toad In The Hole
- Jamie Oliver Chicken Nuggets
- Jamie Oliver Gazpacho
- Jamie Oliver Beef Stew
- Jamie Oliver Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Jamie Oliver Black Bean Soup
- Jamie Oliver Apple Crumble
- Jamie Oliver Bolognese
- Jamie Oliver Broccoli Pasta
- Jamie Oliver Steak Marinade
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Paella?
- Paella Pan – In a paella pan, fry the veggies with a lug of oil.
- Bowl – Prepare the glaze in a bowl with the stock and tomato puree.
- Knife – Chop veggies and chicken thighs into slices using a sharp knife.
- Chopping Board – Chop veggies, chicken, and herbs on a chopping board for fine cutting.
- Spatula – Crumble the glaze with a spatula and add it to the rice.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Paella?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|50 Minutes||10 Minutes||1 Hour|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Paella?
- Paella Rice – Paella rice is a short-grain rice, which can absorb liquid very well, but stays quite firm during cooking.
- Chicken Stock – Add chicken stock to give a mild savory flavor that can enhance the glazes.
- Tomato Puree – Tomato purée will add a deep and tangy taste to the glaze.
- Chicken Thigh – Fry chicken thighs until crunchy, juicy, and crispy.
- Olive Oil – Fry the veggies and chicken thighs in olive oil until tender and crispy.
- Prawns – Add cooked prawns to add mild and sweet flavor to the recipe.
- Chorizo – Fry chopped chorizo with veggies to add a salty, smoky, and slightly sweet flavor to the recipe.
- Onion – Fried onions will add an aromatic, delicious crisp to the recipe.
- Carrot – Once fried, carrots will give a soft with a firm texture bite.
- Red Pepper – Slice and fry red pepper to add the sweetness to the recipe.
- Frozen Peas – Frozen peas will add both sweet and savory notes to the recipe.
- Lemon – Top your dish with lemon wedge for an extra kick.
- Garlic Cloves – Fried garlic cloves will add deliciously crunchy flavor to the recipe.
- Flat-Leaf Parsley – Garnish chopped parsley to add a clean and peppery taste with a touch of earthiness.
- Sweet Smoked Paprika – Sweet paprika will provide a sweeter flavor with subtle smokiness.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Paella
1. Begin With Chopping
Chop onion, carrot, parsley stalks, chorizo, chicken thighs, and cut garlic into slices. Deseed and chop pepper and keep them aside.
In a paella pan, add a lug of oil and place it over medium heat. Add chopped carrot, chorizo, parsley stalks, onion, chicken, minced garlic, and paprika. Fry them for 5 minutes until tender and golden brown.
Now add deseeded and chopped pepper to the pan. Fry it for for further five minutes.
2. End With Cooking
In a bowl, pour the stock, stir in tomato puree and crumble it. Once crumbled, add rice and mix properly for a couple of minutes.
Pour the mixture into the boiling water with sea salt and black pepper. Simmer it for 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
Add peas and prawns and cook for more than 5 minutes. For garnishing, add chopped parsley leaves, sprinkle over the paella, and serve it with lemon wedges.
How Will Jamie Oliver Paella Look And Taste Like?
Jamie Oliver’s signature dish is paella, a traditional Spanish rice dish that is typically made with chicken, seafood, and vegetables.
Jamie’s paella is unique in that it also includes chorizo sausage, which adds a delicious smoky flavor to the dish.
If you’re looking to try something new and exciting, then look no further than Jamie Oliver Paella. This dish is sure to tantalize your taste buds and leave you wanting more.
Jamie Oliver Paella Recipe
- Paella Pan
- Chopping Board
- 300 gm Paella Rice
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Tomato Puree
- 2 piece Chicken Thigh
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 200 gm Cooked Prawns
- 70 gm Chorizo (chopped)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 Carrot (chopped)
- 1 Red Pepper (chopped)
- 100 gm Frozen Peas
- 1 Lemon
- 2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- ½ sprig Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Smoked Paprika
- Chop onion, carrot, parsley stalks, chorizo, chicken thighs, and cut garlic into slices. Deseed and chop pepper and keep them aside.
- In a paella pan, add a lug of oil and place it over medium heat.
- Add chopped carrot, chorizo, parsley stalks, onion, chicken, minced garlic, and paprika.
- Fry them for 5 minutes until tender and golden brown.
- Now add deseeded and chopped pepper to the pan. Fry it for for further five minutes.
- In a bowl, pour the stock, stir in tomato puree and crumble it.
- Once crumbled, add rice and mix properly for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the boiling water with sea salt and black pepper.
- Simmer it for 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add peas and prawns and cook for more than 5 minutes.
- For garnishing, add chopped parsley leaves, sprinkle over the paella, and serve it with lemon wedges.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are some of the different ways that you can vary Jamie Oliver paella recipe?
There are many ways to vary Jamie Oliver paella recipe, including swapping out the chicken for another protein, using different types of rice, and experimenting with the spices and seasonings. You can also use any combination of vegetables that you like in the dish.
How do you make sure that the dish turns out correctly?
Making paella is all about following a few simple steps to ensure that the rice is cooked properly and that all of the flavors meld together nicely. First, you’ll need to start by browning the chicken in a large skillet or paella pan. Once the chicken is browned, you’ll add in the rice and toast it for a few minutes before adding in the broth and other ingredients.
Can I use any type of rice in my paella?
Yes, you can use any type of rice in your paella. However, it’s important to note that short-grain rice works best since it absorbs flavors well and has a tendency to become slightly sticky when cooked, which helps hold everything together in the dish.
If you’re using long-grain rice, it’s important to cook it for a bit longer so that it has time to absorb all of the flavors from the other ingredients.
What is paella?
Paella is a traditional Spanish dish that typically consists of rice, seafood, and vegetables. It is believed to have originated in the Valencia region of Spain.
Jamie Oliver paella is a delicious dish that can be made relatively easily at home. The key ingredients are rice, seafood, and saffron, and the dish can be served with a variety of vegetables.
With a little practice, anyone can make a delicious paella that will impress their guests.