Jamie Oliver gazpacho is a Spanish soup typically made with a base of tomatoes and cucumbers. It is a refreshing and light dish that is perfect for summertime.
Gazpacho can be served as a starter or main course, and it is also a popular choice for potlucks and picnics.
To make Jamie Oliver gazpacho, chop the veggies and peel the garlic cloves. Combine the chopped veggies, and pour the vinegar, soaked, and sliced bread into a blender.
Blitz it for a minute until you reach the desired consistency of the puree. Refrigerate and serve cold, topped with the herbs of your choice.
Add a bit of variety to your gazpacho if you want new flavors. We suggest adding fruits or vegetables such as watermelon, cantaloupe, mango, avocado, or even green grapes.
You can try different types of bread, such as whole wheat or rye. And for those who like an extra spicy soup, we suggest adding more chili peppers or even some hot sauce.
If you are looking for delicious and easy-to-make summer soup? Try Jamie Oliver Gazpacho’s recipe. This refreshing soup is perfect for a hot summer day, and you can easily customize it to your liking.
Read on for essential information and start your cooking journey. Make your favorite from the list of Jamie Oliver recipes.
Other Jamie Oliver Recipes That You Can Try
- Jamie Oliver Chicken Soup
- Jamie Oliver Fried Rice
- Jamie Oliver Salmon
- Jamie Oliver Cauliflower Mac And Cheese
- Jamie Oliver Pork Tenderloin
- Jamie Oliver Brussel Sprouts
- Jamie Oliver Turkey
- Jamie Oliver Pizza Dough
- Jamie Oliver Roast Potatoes
- Jamie Oliver Mushroom Pasta
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Gazpacho?
- Food Processor – Blitz all the ingredients in a food processor until you reach the desired consistency of the puree.
- Bowl – Soak breadcrumbs in water in a bowl to thicken the soup.
- Knife – Chop the veggies with a knife for the recipe.
- Chopping Board – Roughly chop the veggies on a chopping board to avoid mess.
- Serving Bowl – Serve the prepared gazpacho in a serving bowl and top it with herbs.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Gazpacho?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||5 Minutes||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Gazpacho?
- Tomatoes – You will need Roma tomatoes for traditional gazpacho. However, you can use any ripe, juicy, and fresh tomatoes.
- Cucumber – Cut an English cucumber in half to add sweetness to the recipe.
- Green Bell Pepper – Green bell peppers are a must for authentic Spanish gazpacho as they add a grassy flavor to the soup.
- Red Bell Pepper – Roughly chop red bell pepper and add it to a food processor for a sweeter and fruitier flavor.
- Spanish Onion – Just half a small Spanish onion for a slightly sweeter and more delicate flavor.
- Bread – Use white bread to give an authentic texture to gazpacho. It will help to thicken the soup.
- Garlic – Peel two garlic cloves to add spicy flavor to the soup. It will create a complex flavor that adds to the success of this recipe.
- Olive Oil – Drizzle a few drops over the chopped veggies to make the soup healthier.
- Sherry Vinegar – Sherry vinegar will add a complex and nutty flavor to the soup.
- Ground Cumin – Adding cumin to your gazpacho will provide a subtle and earthy note.
- Sea Salt – Season your soup with salt to blend the flavors into the entire soup.
- Black Pepper – Add black pepper while making the recipe to add a spicy kick.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Gazpacho
1. The Purée Is Pure
Start by roughly chopping the green and red bell pepper and transfer them to the food processor. Now slice Spanish onion and Cucumber in halves.
Peel the garlic cloves and remove the crust of the bread. Soak it in water for a few seconds.
Combine all the chopped veggies and soaked bread in a food processor.
2. Serve The Gazpacho
Drizzle a few drops of olive oil and sherry vinegar in a food processor. Blitz it for a minute until you reach the desired consistency of the puree.
Season it with salt, pepper, and cumin. Refrigerate the soup in a container for 3 to 4 hours until it is chilled.
Serve cold and top with your desired herbs.
|Saturated Fat||0.2 g|
How Will Jamie Oliver Gazpacho Look And Taste Like?
Jamie Oliver gazpacho is rich and creamy in texture, but because it comes from puréeing with bread, the flavor is transparent. The classic gazpacho is a delicious combination of tomatoes, cucumbers, red peppers, bread, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and salt.
The addition of chili peppers gives it a nice bit of spice. The result is a refreshing and flavorful soup perfect for a summer day.
Jamie Oliver Gazpacho Recipe
- Food Processor
- Chopping Board
- Serving Bowl
- 2 pounds Ripe Roma Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 small Cucumber (peeled and halved)
- 1 medium Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Sherry Vinegar
- ½ small Spanish Onion (peeled and halved)
- 1 slice White Bread (soaked and crusts removed)
- 2 small Garlic Cloves (peeled)
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- Start by roughly chopping the green and red bell pepper and transfer them to the food processor.
- Now slice Spanish onion and Cucumber in halves.
- Peel the garlic cloves and remove the crust of the bread.
- Soak the bread in water for a few seconds.
- Combine all the chopped veggies and soaked bread in a food processor.
- Blitz it for a minute until you reach the desired consistency of the puree.
- Drizzle a few drops of olive oil and sherry vinegar in a food processor.
- Season it with salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Refrigerate the soup in a container for 3 to 4 hours until it is chilled.
- Serve cold and top with your desired herbs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What type of tomatoes should I use for Jamie Oliver gazpacho?
Ripe, red tomatoes are the best choice for making Jamie Oliver gazpacho. If you can’t find ripe tomatoes, use canned tomatoes. Just be sure to drain them before using them.
How do I make Jamie Oliver gazpacho?
Jamie Oliver gazpacho has many different recipes, but they all typically involve blending chopped tomatoes, peppers, garlic, olive oil, and vinegar. Some recipes also include bread or diced Cucumber. Once everything is blended, the soup is typically chilled before serving.
Can I make Jamie Oliver gazpacho ahead of time?
Yes, you can make Jamie Oliver gazpacho ahead of time. It’s often best to make it in a day or two priors so the flavors can meld together. Store it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it.
Can I eat hot gazpacho?
We recommend serving it chilled. It is no longer a Gazpacho if you heat it, and the taste becomes more like a warm tomato soup. Gazpacho contains vinegar which increases the acidity when heated, further changing the taste profile.
Jamie Oliver gazpacho is a delicious Spanish soup that is perfect for summertime. It is easy to make and can be made ahead of time. This flavorful and refreshing gazpacho soup can please everyone.