You must have tried tomato soups during cold winter days. But have you ever sipped soup on hot summer days? No? Then try this Jamie Oliver gazpacho soup. It’s the refreshing cold soup that will make your summer days better. The best part is it’s pretty easy to make.
All you have to do is to puree the veggies and spices. There you have it! Your smooth and flavorful gazpacho soup within ten minutes. With no fuss of cooking, you can enjoy this soup in no time.
Our version has tomato and uses red bell pepper and cucumbers to add that summer flavor. The result is an ultra-refreshing lunch, snack, or even a beverage to cool down on the hottest days.
Feel free to experiment with this soup. For the creamiest soup, use a high-powered blender. The higher the power, the finer the blend. Add a bit of variety to your gazpacho if you want new flavors. We suggest adding fruits or vegetables such as watermelon, sweet muskmelon, mango, avocado, or green grapes.
If you are looking for delicious and easy-to-make summer soup? Try Jamie Oliver Gazpacho’s recipe. This refreshing soup is perfect for a hot summer day, and you can easily customize it. Follow this guide promptly and enjoy the flavors during summer.
What's In The Post
What Is Gazpacho?
Gazpacho is a cold Spanish soup traditionally made with raw veggies and served chilled. It is widely consumed during the hot summer as it is a refreshing and cooling dish. The soup originated in the southern region of Spain, where the warm climate inspired the netizens to create this delightful dish.
It is one of the versatile dishes that can be prepared with variations of veggies throughout Spain. Some modern versions include avocados, watermelon, or almonds, giving the soup a unique twist. It is loved for its refreshing taste, vibrant colors, and natural flavors, making it a delightful and healthy option during hot summer days.
Difference Between Gazpacho and Cold Soup
We generally use gazpacho and cold soup interchangeably. However, you should know that cold soup is a broader term, and gazpacho is one of a kind. Still confused? Understand the difference between these terms from the table below:
|Origin||Gazpacho is a traditional Spanish cold soup.||Cold soup is a broader term that is used to describe any soup that is served cold. Gazpacho falls under this category.|
|Ingredients||The key ingredients of gazpacho include ripe tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, onions, garlic, olive oil, vinegar and stale bread.||Cold soups on the other hand can include gazpacho ingredients, a variety of fruits, vegetables, or even dairy products.|
|Texture||Gazpacho has a smooth and blended texture. It is because the veggies are pureed to create a uniform and slightly thick soup.||Cold soups have diverse textures, ranging from smooth and velvety to chunky and textured. It is because of the ingredients used and the preparation method adopted.|
|Cultural Significance||Gazpacho holds significant importance in Spain, especially in Andalusia, where it is considered a traditional dish.||Cold soup on the other hand is prepared in various cultures around the world.|
Is This The Exact Jamie Oliver Gazpacho Recipe?
Yes, this is the exact Jamie Oliver gazpacho recipe. We have followed the steps as Jamie Oliver and used the same ingredients. The result is a velvety soup with perfect flavor.
Since then, it has become everyone’s favorite light and refreshing meal to beat the summertime heat. The only thing that made this soup stand out is using the season’s best ripe tomatoes — oh boy — there’s nothing better.
How Is Jamie Oliver Gazpacho Different From Regular Gazpacho?
Jamie Oliver Gazpacho is slightly different from the regular one. It is made with the combination of nutrient packed veggies and spices. While the regular gazpacho may contain cream or milk.
This recipe isn’t prepared by marinating the veggies as many do. Also, this recipe primarily includes veggies, whereas many recipes call for fruits and nuts too. So, if you are diet conscious or trying something new this time, this easy and flavorful gazpacho would be a great start.
Why You’ll Love This Gazpacho Recipe?
Gazpacho is a refreshing and easy to make soup perfect for summer. This homemade version of Jamie Oliver gazpacho is exceptional. People will love this gazpacho recipe because of the reasons below.
- Easy – This creamy cold soup is very easy to make. In fact, it requires no time to prepare, and no cooking is required.
- Flavorful – This homemade version of Jamie Oliver’s gazpacho is decked with complex flavor and creamy texture.
- Readily Available Ingredients – You can easily find all the ingredients used in this recipe in your pantry. There is no need to roam outside to acquire the ingredients.
- Versatile – This recipe is versatile, meaning you can add whatever you feel like into this soup! Serve it with roasted chickpeas, sourdough bread, corn salad, or grilled veggies.
Equipment Required For Jamie Oliver Gazpacho
- Food Processor – Blitz all the veggies and spices in a food processor until pureed.
- Knife – Chop the veggies roughly with a sharp knife for the recipe.
- Chopping Board – Roughly chop the veggies on a chopping board to avoid mess.
- Serving Bowl – Serve the prepared gazpacho in a serving bowl and top it with herbs.
Jamie Oliver Gazpacho Ingredients
- Tomatoes – You will need Ripe Roma tomatoes for traditional gazpacho. However, you can use any ripe, juicy, and fresh tomatoes.
- Cucumber – Cut an English cucumber in half to add sweetness to the recipe.
- Green Bell Pepper – Use roughly chopped green bell peppers in this authentic Spanish gazpacho as they add a grassy flavor to the soup.
- Red Bell Pepper – Roughly chop red bell pepper and add it to a food processor for a sweeter and fruitier flavor.
- Spanish Onion – Just half a small Spanish onion for a slightly sweeter and more delicate flavor.
- Bread – Use white bread to give an authentic texture to gazpacho. It will help to thicken the soup.
- Garlic – Peel two garlic cloves to add spicy flavor to the soup. It will create a complex flavor that adds to the success of this recipe.
- Olive Oil – Drizzle a few drops over the chopped veggies to make the soup healthier.
- Red Wine Vinegar – Use red wine vinegar to add a complex and nutty flavor to the soup.
- Water – Pour a cup of water to make the puree for the recipe.
- Ground Cumin – Adding cumin to your gazpacho will provide a subtle and earthy note.
- Sea Salt – Season your soup with salt to blend the flavors into the entire soup.
- Black Pepper – Add black pepper while making the recipe to add a spicy kick.
Is There Any Specific Kind Of Tomatoes You Need For This Recipe?
When it comes to gazpacho, the critical ingredient is tomatoes. Talking of this recipe, our chef has made this gazpacho with fragrant, juicy, and ripe tomatoes. However, the following tomato varieties can be used for gazpacho:
- San Marzano Tomatoes – San Marzano tomatoes are commonly used in Italian cuisines, making them an excellent choice for gazpacho due to their sweet and savory taste.
- Roma Tomatoes: Also known as plum tomatoes, these tomatoes are a popular option for gazpacho due to their balanced flavor and acidity. They are ideal for producing a thick, flavorful soup because they are meaty and contain fewer seeds.
- Heirloom Tomatoes – Heirloom tomatoes are prized for their complex and distinctive flavors. Gazpacho made with heirloom tomatoes will be more decadent and more distinct
Jamie Oliver Gazpacho Ingredients Substitutions
Gazpacho is a refreshing cold soup with veggies, olive oil, vinegar, and bread. It’s a versatile dish that can be prepared with any ingredient. Here are some common gazpacho ingredient substitutions:
- Tomatoes – We have used ripe and juicy tomatoes for this soup. But you can use canned tomatoes (preferably without added salt) or sun-dried tomatoes for a lovely flavor and color.
- Cucumbers – We’ve used English cucumbers for gazpacho for their mild flavor. Alternatively, you can substitute regular cucumbers, zucchini, or green bell peppers.
- Bell Peppers – We’ve used red and green bell peppers to add vibrant colors and sweetness to gazpacho. However, you can use different types of peppers, like orange or yellow peppers. Or, for a spicier kick, use poblano or Anaheim peppers.
- Onions – White onions are used in this recipe. But you can use red or shallots for a milder flavor or green onions for a subtle taste.
- Garlic – Use fresh garlic for the recipe, or use roasted garlic for a sweeter, more mellow flavor.
- Bread – The bread makes this gazpacho thick, giving it a smooth texture. For this, you can use stale bread or bread crumbs. To make it gluten-free, use gluten-free bread or skip it altogether for a thinner soup.
- Olive Oil – Use extra-virgin olive oil for flavor. Still, you can use other oils like avocado or sunflower if preferred.
- Vinegar – Sherry vinegar is added to this soup, but you can substitute it with red wine vinegar, white wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or balsamic vinegar.
- Herbs And Seasonings – This homemade version of gazpacho is seasoned with salt and black pepper. Feel free to experiment with fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, or basil.
- Spices – To add extra depth to your gazpacho, include a pinch of paprika or a few teaspoons of hot sauce for a bit of heat.
Jamie Oliver Gazpacho Preparation And Cooking Time
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||–||10 Minutes|
Jamie Oliver Gazpacho Recipe Steps
Step 1- Add roughly chopped green bell pepper in a food processor jar.
Step 2- Now, transfer chopped red pepper to the jar.
Step 3- Slice one Spanish onion in half and add it to the jar.
Step 4- Roughly chop the cucumber with the skin on it and add it to the jar.
Step 5- Peel the garlic cloves and throw them in the jar.
Step 6- Now, finely chop the tomatoes and add them too.
Step 7- Combine it with the crusty stale bread slices.
Step 8- Drizzle a few drops of olive oil and sherry vinegar in a food processor.
Step 9- Season it with salt, pepper, and cumin.
Step 10- Pour a cup of water.
Step 11- Add a handful of ice cubes.
Step 12- Blitz it for a minute until you reach the desired consistency of the puree.
Step 13- Your Jamie Oliver Gazpacho is ready.
Tips To Make Jamie Oliver Gazpacho Better
Gazpacho is a refreshing and delicious Spanish soup. It is a versatile soup that can be made with whatever ingredients you wish. To make it even better and more delicious, you can consider these tips:
- Tomatoes are the main ingredient of gazpacho. So, choose ripe tomatoes which are juicy to enhance the overall flavor. You can also use organically grown tomatoes for the best flavor and texture.
- This soup is primarily made with various veggies. Still, you can add any veggies you like per your taste and preferences. Make sure they are fresh so that your soup comes out better.
- This recipe can be prepared without the use of bread. But honestly, adding bread will give the soup a thicker consistency and flavor.
- This recipe calls for blending the mixture. But make sure not to over-blend it to retain the texture.
- Gazpacho is best served when appropriately chilled. So cool it for at least an hour, or leave it overnight to allow the flavors to meld together.
- If your gazpacho tastes too acidic, add a pinch of sugar or balsamic vinegar to balance it out.
Do You Have To Peel Tomatoes For Jamie Oliver Gazpacho?
No, there is no need to peel tomatoes for Jamie Oliver’s gazpacho. But you can scoop out the flesh and seeds if you want. Else, we, too, haven’t peeled them.
All you need to take care of is to choose really ripe and juicy tomatoes. Another thing to consider is not being tempted to use canned tomatoes for this soup. Otherwise, you will get different flavors.
What If This Jamie Oliver Gazpacho Is Too Watery?
There may be a situation where your gazpacho becomes too watery. This can be due to various reasons. Some of them are:
- If you over-blend the ingredients at high speed for too long, the veggies release the water, making the soup watery.
- If you add tomatoes or cucumbers, your soup may become watery. So it is advised not to add them in an excessive amount.
- We have added a cup of water to the soup. But make sure it will stay within the said limit. Otherwise, it will become watery.
- Remember to drain the excess water if you use soaked bread for the recipe. Otherwise, the gazpacho will become watery.
- This recipe is best served when chilled properly. So it is advisable to chill it properly. If not cooled for long, the taste may become watery.
Is Jamie Oliver Gazpacho Healthy?
Yes, Jamie Oliver’s gazpacho is very healthy and has nutrient-rich ingredients. Also, it is very low in calories, making it an ideal option for those who want to lose weight. We have provided you with a table below that will help you to know how healthy gazpacho is:
|Saturated Fat||0.2 g|
How To Store This Jamie Oliver Gazpacho?
Since gazpacho is served chilled, it is essential to store it properly. We have shared a few ways to store this Jamie Oliver gazpacho. They are:
- Refrigerator – Ladle the soup in an airtight container with a lid and store it for 3 to 4 days. However, consuming within 2 to 3 days is best for taste.
- Freezing – If you are still left with gazpacho and want to store it longer, freeze it. For that, transfer the gazpacho into an airtight container and freeze it for three to four months. When ready to use, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and give it a good stir before serving.
How To Reheat This Jamie Oliver Gazpacho?
Reheating gazpacho soup is not recommended, as it is served chilled. Still, you can choose to reheat it. For that, follow the following steps:
- Transfer the gazpacho to a saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat.
- Slowly warm the gazpacho, stirring it occasionally.
- Make sure not to boil it.
- Remove the gazpacho until it is warm enough. Keep an eye on it to prevent it from boiling.
- Now serve the soup as soon as it gets warmed.
What Is Traditionally Served With Jamie Oliver Gazpacho?
- Salmon – Gazpacho and salmon share similar fresh and tangy flavors, making them a fantastic pairing for a light and refreshing meal.
- Coleslaw – A fresh coleslaw salad can provide a refreshing contrast to the creamy mushroom pasta. It’s made with shredded cabbage and carrot in a creamy dressing. This delicious and tangy coleslaw will surely make your meal refreshing.
- Roasted Cauliflower – Roasted cauliflower will add texture and flavor to the meal. All you have to do is to toss the veggie in olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and your preferred herbs, and roast them in the oven until tender and slightly caramelized.
- Roast Potatoes – Serve your mushroom pasta with Jamie Oliver roast potatoes. They are delicious and will surely give you a flavorful experience.
Other Recipes To Try
So, it was all about the gazpacho recipe. This is the exact Jamie Oliver recipe. It is flavorful, easy, and healthy. Just be sure to follow the steps promptly for the best soup. Besides this, we have covered various Jamie Oliver recipes you should check out. Some are Jamie Oliver Chicken in Milk, Jamie Oliver Fried Rice Recipe, Jamie Oliver Pizza Dough, Jamie Oliver Cauliflower Mac and Cheese, and Jamie Oliver Apple Crumble.
Jamie Oliver Gazpacho Recipe
- Food Processor
- Chopping Board
- Serving Bowl
- 2 pounds Ripe Roma Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 small Cucumber (peeled and halved)
- 1 medium Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 small Spanish Onion (peeled and halved)
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 slice White Bread (soaked and crusts removed)
- 2 small Garlic Cloves (peeled)
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- Add roughly chopped green bell pepper in a food processor jar.
- Now, transfer chopped red pepper to the jar.
- Slice one Spanish onion in half and add it to the jar.
- Roughly chop the cucumber with the skin on it and add it to the jar.
- Peel the garlic cloves and throw them in the jar.
- Now, finely chop the tomatoes and add them too.
- Combine it with the crusty stale bread slices.
- Drizzle a few drops of olive oil and sherry vinegar in a food processor.
- Season it with salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Pour a cup of water.
- Add a handful of ice cubes.
- Blitz it for a minute until you reach the desired consistency of the puree.
- Your Jamie Oliver Gazpacho is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What type of tomatoes should I use for Jamie Oliver gazpacho?
Ripe, red tomatoes are the best choice for making Jamie Oliver gazpacho. If you can’t find ripe tomatoes, use canned tomatoes. Just be sure to drain them before using them.
How do I make Jamie Oliver gazpacho?
Jamie Oliver gazpacho has many different recipes, but they all typically involve blending chopped tomatoes, peppers, garlic, olive oil, and vinegar. Some recipes also include bread or diced Cucumber. Once everything is blended, the soup is typically chilled before serving.
Can I make Jamie Oliver gazpacho ahead of time?
Yes, you can make Jamie Oliver gazpacho ahead of time. It’s often best to make it in a day or two priors so the flavors can meld together. Store it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it.
Can I eat hot gazpacho?
We recommend serving it chilled. It is no longer a Gazpacho if you heat it, and the taste becomes more like a warm tomato soup. Gazpacho contains vinegar which increases the acidity when heated, further changing the taste profile.
Jamie Oliver gazpacho is a delicious Spanish soup that is perfect for summertime. It is easy to make and can be made ahead of time. This flavorful and refreshing gazpacho soup can please everyone.