On a typical weeknight, serving roast potatoes is a great idea. Here is a Jamie Oliver roast potatoes recipe that has amazing flavors. For comforting food, give this recipe a try.
Roasting potatoes is the easiest to cook. Drain, rinse, and slice them, then toss them with vegetable oil and your favorite seasonings.
Place them on a baking sheet in a single layer, then bake in the oven until they are browned and crispy – for about one hour. Roasted potatoes are ready.
Jamie Oliver shares some amazing tips for the recipe. He tops the potatoes with herbs like thyme, bay leaves, parsley, and oregano. It all gives a flavorsome experience to your potatoes.
Without further ado, jot down all the recipe steps and prepare roasted potatoes. Find the detailed list of equipment, ingredients, and nutritional facts. Before you proceed with the recipe, check out the list of other Jamie Oliver recipes.
Other Jamie Oliver Recipes That You Can Try
- Jamie Oliver Eggplant Parmesan
- Jamie Oliver Roasted Cauliflower
- Jamie Oliver Lasagna
- Jamie Oliver Gnocchi
- Jamie Oliver Chicken In Milk
- Jamie Oliver Coleslaw
- Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Carbonara
- Jamie Oliver Lobster Spaghetti Pasta
- Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Bolognese
- Jamie Oliver Seafood Linguine
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Roast Potatoes?
- Oven – Roast potatoes in the oven for one hour.
- Roasting Tray – Put potatoes along with garlic and seasoned oil in the roasting tray.
- Bowl – Combine oregano leaves and oil in the bowl for drizzling purposes.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to combine ingredients.
- Masher – Mash potatoes once they are roasted using a masher.
- Knife – Use a knife to smash the garlic cloves.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Roast Potatoes?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|8 Hours||1.5 Hours||9 Hours 30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Roast Potatoes?
- Potatoes – For this recipe, we’ll need five-pound potatoes.
- Olive Oil – Drizzle olive oil over potatoes and toss well.
- Garlic – Sprinkle smashed garlic on the top of potatoes for a garlicky hint.
- Duck Fat – Duck fat adds a nice flavor to the dish. So, add four tablespoons of duck fat.
- Oregano – Some oregano leaves for the savory flavors.
- Salt – Season potatoes with sea salt for a balanced taste.
- Black Pepper – Sprinkle a dash of black pepper for mild spiciness.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Roast Potatoes
1. Boil Potatoes
In a large pot, add water and a pinch of salt. Bring potatoes to a boil. Cook for fifteen minutes. Cook well.
Drain the potatoes in a colander once boiled. Leave them to steam themselves for two minutes. Pat dry potatoes with a towel.
2. Prepare Roasting Tray
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
In a roasting tray, add duck fat and one tablespoon of oil. Add in potatoes, and top with black pepper and sea salt. Toss to combine.
Arrange the potatoes in the roasting tray. Smash garlic cloves and sprinkle over potatoes. They will caramelize as they cook. Put the roasting tray in the oven.
3. Masher Magic
Put the tray into the oven and roast for one hour until they become crisp and golden brown. Remove potatoes from the oven.
Using a masher, squash potatoes. We are not mashing the potatoes but just pushing them a bit down.
Take a separate bowl and toss the oregano leaves with olive oil. Sprinkle oregano over the potatoes and roast for another twenty minutes. The roast potatoes are ready.
How Will Jamie Oliver Roast Potatoes Look And Taste Like?
Jamie Oliver roast potatoes recipe is a perfect way to make delicious, crispy potatoes that everyone will love. The key to getting the perfect roasted potato is to cook them until they are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
A few tasty herbs really enhance the flavor of these potatoes. Enjoy these dark brown roasted potatoes as a side dish.
Jamie Oliver Roast Potatoes Recipe
- 25 kg Potatoes
- 1 cuo Olive Oil
- 1 bulb Garlic
- 4 tablespoons Duck Fat
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (a dash)
- Fill the pot with water and a pinch of salt. Bring potatoes to a boil for fifteen minutes.
- Once boiled, drain potatoes in a colander and pat them dry.
- Take a bowl, add duck fat, oil, potatoes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine well.
- Arrange potatoes in a roasting tray. Sprinkle smashed garlic on the top of potatoes.
- Put the tray in the oven and roast for one hour.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Smash the potatoes roughly using a masher.
- Mix oregano leaves with olive oil and sprinkle over potatoes.
- Roast for another twenty minutes.
- Jamie Oliver roast potatoes are ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you get crispy roast potatoes?
To get crispy roast potatoes, reheat the potatoes covered with aluminum foil for ten minutes.
Is it necessary to boil potatoes before roasting?
Yes, boiling potatoes before roasting will ensure that they get a crispy crust.
What kind of potatoes are best for a roast?
You can use yukon gold potatoes for the best roasting results. Their skin is thin and they cook nicely.
How long the potatoes are roasted?
Roast potatoes for at least one hour.
How long should potatoes soak?
Soak the potatoes for at least 30 minutes before roasting. Give them enough water. Soak them in cold water for thirty minutes.
We hope you enjoyed our roast potatoes recipe! This dish is perfect for a dinner meal or holiday feast.
If you’re looking for something a little different, try adding some herbs or spices to the potatoes. And don’t forget to share your reviews in the comment section.