Tired of the same old boring vegetables on your dinner plate? Look no further, because this Jamie Oliver roasted cauliflower recipe is sure to add some excitement to your meal.
With its crispy, caramelized edges and tender, flavorful center, this dish is sure to become a new family favorite. Plus, you can always trust Jamie Oliver’s signature twist. Keep reading to know more.
In Jamie Oliver’s roasted cauliflower recipe, the cauliflower is first to cut into florets and coated in a mixture of olive oil, paprika, garlic, dry sherry, and tomatoes.
It is then roasted in the oven until it is caramelized and tender, with crispy edges. The roasted cauliflower is garnished with additional ingredients such as basil and almonds.
Here is a special tip for you. When you coat the cauliflower, coat it evenly with olive oil and spice mixture. It will help spices adhere to cauliflower and add flavor. Moreover, when serving, serve it hot while it’s crispy. It’s best enjoyed when hot and comes directly from the oven.
Don’t miss out on this delicious and flavorful roasted cauliflower recipe from Jamie Oliver! Give it a try today and elevate your dinner game. Note down the recipe steps and equipment for making this dish. Also, find nutritional information below. Make your favorite from the list of Jamie Oliver recipes.
Other Jamie Oliver Recipes That You Can Try
- Jamie Oliver Chicken Soup
- Jamie Oliver Fried Rice
- Jamie Oliver Salmon
- Jamie Oliver Cauliflower Mac And Cheese
- Jamie Oliver Pork Tenderloin
- Jamie Oliver Brussel Sprouts
- Jamie Oliver Turkey
- Jamie Oliver Pizza Dough
- Jamie Oliver Roast Potatoes
- Jamie Oliver Mushroom Pasta
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Roasted Cauliflower?
- Oven – You’ll need an oven to roast the cauliflower. Preheat the oven to the temperature specified in the recipe before placing the baking sheet with the cauliflower on it in the oven.
- Baking Sheet – Take a flat tray that you will use to place the cauliflower on while it roasts in the oven. Make sure to take a sheet with a rim, as it helps contain any juices or drippings that come out of the cauliflower while it cooks.
- Bowl – Mix all the ingredients in the bowl.
- Cutting Board – Use a cutting board to chop the veggies on it.
- Knife – Get a chef’s knife to chop off the floret heads of the cauliflower.
- Spatula – You’ll use this utensil to toss the cauliflower with the marinade or seasoning and to turn the florets over while they roast.
- Kitchen Towel – Use a kitchen towel to remove the baking sheet from the oven when the cauliflower is roasting. The tray will be hot, so be cautious when handling it.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Roasted Cauliflower?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||1 Hour 15 Minutes||1 Hour 25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Roasted Cauliflower?
- Cauliflower – This is the main ingredient in the recipe. Cauliflower is roasted in the oven to give you crunchy, smokey flavors.
- Olive Oil – Drizzle olive oil over roasted cauliflower for the
- Lime Juice – For the tangy approach to the dish, add lime juice on top of the cauliflower.
- Dry Sherry – Add dry sherry for the vanilla and oak flavors to the cauliflower. It will add depth of flavors to the dish.
- Garlic – Garlic adds a strong, aromatic flavor. It also adds many health benefits, like boosting your immune system.
- Tomatoes – Roast tomatoes along with cauliflower for a tangy, flavorful cooking. They are high in Vitamin C and add nutritional value to this recipe.
- Almonds – Toast almonds in the frying pan for a rich, nutty flavor. Also, it adds a nice crunchy texture to the dish.
- Paprika – Add a teaspoon of smoked paprika for the spiky kick.
- Basil – Top the finished dish with fresh basil leaves for a refreshing meal.
- Salt – Balance the dish’s taste with salt as per your taste.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Roasted Cauliflower
1. Preheat The Oven
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. This high heat will help roast the cauliflower and give it a crispy texture on the outside while keeping it tender and moist.
2. Chop Veggies
Cut the cauliflower into small florets, discarding any tough leaves and stems. The florets should be about the size of golf balls so they will roast evenly. Peel and finely slice the garlic cloves.
Place the cauliflower and garlic on a large baking tray, drizzle with the olive oil, and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss everything together until the cauliflower is evenly coated in the oil and seasoning. Last, drizzle over dry sherry.
3. It’s Roast Time
Roast the cauliflower in the oven for thirty-five minutes or until it is tender and golden brown. Toss the cauliflower halfway through the cooking time to ensure it cooks evenly.
Meanwhile, take a frying pan and toast almonds until they are golden. Keep them aside to cool.
4. Serve And Enjoy
When the cauliflower is done, please remove it from the oven and sprinkle it with a handful of chopped parsley or basil. The herbs will add a fresh, herby flavor to the roasted cauliflower.
Serve the roasted cauliflower hot as a side dish or as a vegetarian main course. It goes well with various dishes, such as roast chicken, steak, or fish, and can be enjoyed on its own.
How Will Jamie Oliver Roasted Cauliflower Look And Taste Like?
Jamie Oliver’s roasted cauliflower recipe will yield tender, golden brown cauliflower florets that are slightly crispy and moist. The garlic and olive oil give the cauliflower a slightly savory, garlicky flavor.
This dish will have a delicious and satisfying taste and texture. It can be enjoyed as a side dish or a vegetarian main course and pair well with various dishes.
Jamie Oliver Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- Baking Sheet
- Cutting Board
- Kitchen Towel
- 1 head Cauliflower
- Olive Oil (as needed)
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 4 tablespoons Dry Sherry
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Tomatoes
- 40 g Almonds
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- ½ bunch Basil
- Salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets, peel and slice the garlic, and place both on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss everything together.
- Roast for thirty minutes in the oven until tender and golden brown. Toss halfway through.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve hot as a side dish or main course. Enjoy!
- Jamie Oliver’s roasted cauliflower is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use frozen cauliflower for this recipe?
You can use frozen cauliflower for this recipe. Defrost the cauliflower in the fridge or microwave before cutting it into florets and roasting it. You may need to adjust the cooking time slightly to account for the fact that the cauliflower is already partially cooked.
Can I roast the cauliflower in a different pan?
Yes! You can roast the cauliflower in a different pan, such as a cast iron skillet or a roasting pan. Make sure the pan is large enough to hold the cauliflower in a single layer, so it roasts evenly.
Can I roast the cauliflower without oil?
Using a non-stick baking sheet or silicone baking mat, you can roast the cauliflower without oil. Place the cauliflower on the baking sheet and roast it as directed in the recipe. Alternatively, you can use a small amount of cooking spray or mist the cauliflower with water to help it roast evenly.
Can I add other vegetables to the tray?
You can add other vegetables to the tray along with the cauliflower. Just make sure to cut them into similar-sized pieces so that they roast evenly. Some good options include carrots, parsnips, potatoes, and bell peppers.
Can I roast the cauliflower at a different temperature?
Yes, you can roast the cauliflower at a different temperature if desired. Just be aware that a higher temperature will create a crisper texture, while a lower temperature will result in a softer texture. Adjust the cooking time slightly to achieve the desired level of doneness.
Jamie Oliver’s roasted cauliflower recipe is a delicious and easy way to add vegetables to your meal. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, you can enjoy a tasty and nutritious side dish that pairs well with various dishes.
Let us know in the comment section how much you liked the recipe. So go ahead and give it a try!