Make easy and delicious Chipotle mayo copycat recipe to add a kick to your meals. This spicy and flavorful condiment is a perfect addition to sandwiches, wraps, and salads and can even be used as a dip for veggies or chips.
Check out the recipe if you’re curious and want to add a little kick to your meals.
To make Chipotle mayo, combine all the ingredients, including chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, garlic, mayonnaise, lime juice, and salt. Place the mixture into the blender and make a fine puree. Chipotle mayo is ready.
If you are recreating Chipotle mayo at home, you can choose canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce for amazing flavor. Moreover, you can also opt for other herbs, such as oregano or parsley, for taste variation.
Trust me, it’s worth trying this recipe for your delicious meals. For that, note down the recipe steps, ingredient list, and equipment to use. Also, find nutritional information below.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Chipotle Mayo?
- Bowl – You will need a small bowl to mix the ingredients.
- Whisk – Get a whisk to combine all the ingredients.
- Container Jar – In an airtight container jar, store the finished Chipotle mayo for future use.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Chipotle Mayo?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||–||10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Chipotle Mayo?
- Mayonnaise – Mayonnaise is a thick, creamy condiment made from eggs, oil, and vinegar. It is the base for Chipotle mayo and helps to give it a smooth, spreadable consistency.
- Chipotle Peppers – Add chopped chipotle pepper with smokey, spicy flavors.
- Adobo Sauce – Get delicious Mexican flavors with adobo sauce. Add this sauce for spicy and slightly sweet flavors.
- Lime juice – Squeeze fresh lemon to get tangy, sour lime juice. It is added to Chipotle mayo to balance the richness of the mayonnaise and give the condiment a refreshing flavor.
- Garlic – Garlic is a pungent, aromatic herb often used to flavor savory dishes.
- Salt – Balance the taste of the condiment with a pinch of salt.
Steps To Make Chipotle Mayo
1. Mix Ingredients
Mix the mayonnaise, chopped chipotle peppers, minced garlic, adobo sauce, and lime juice in a small bowl.
2. Blend Well
In a blender, add the mixture and blend for thirty seconds for a smooth consistency.
3. Serve And Enjoy
Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed, adding salt or additional chipotle peppers to taste.
Transfer the mayo to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use. It will keep for up to two weeks. Chipotle mayo is ready.
How Will Chipotle Mayo Look And Taste Like?
Chipotle mayo is a flavorful condiment. It is creamy, pale yellow, and has a spreadable consistency.
The taste of this spread is spicy and smokey, with a hint of sweetness from adobe sauce. Once all the seasonings and ingredients are combined, it gives you a balanced spread.
Chipotle Mayo Copycat Recipe
- Container Jar
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Chipotle Peppers (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Adobo Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Lime juice
- 1 Garlic (minced)
- Salt (to taste)
- In a bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, minced chipotle peppers, minced garlic, adobo sauce, lime juice, and salt. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Chipotle mayo is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does Chipotle mayo last in the fridge?
Chipotle mayo will last 2-3 weeks in the fridge if stored in an airtight container. It is important to keep the mayo refrigerated to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria.
Can I freeze Chipotle mayo?
Chipotle mayo can be frozen but may lose some texture and flavor when thawed. To freeze the mayo, place it in an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to three months. When ready to use the mayo, thaw it in the fridge and stir it well before serving.
What can I use Chipotle mayo for?
Chipotle mayo is a versatile condiment that can be used in various dishes. It is often used as a spread or dip for sandwiches, wraps, and burgers or as a topping for tacos, quesadillas, and salads. You can also use it as a marinade for grilled meats or as a base for sauces and dressings.
Is Chipotle mayo vegan?
Most traditional Chipotle mayo recipes contain mayonnaise made from eggs and oil. However, you can make vegan Chipotle mayo by using plant-based mayonnaise.
How can I adjust the spiciness of Chipotle mayo?
To adjust the spiciness of Chipotle mayo, you can use more or fewer chipotle peppers in the recipe or peppers with a different level of heat. You can add spices or seasonings to balance the heat, such as sweeteners like honey or sugar, or cooling ingredients like sour cream or yogurt.
What do we think about Chipotle mayo? It’s a pretty tasty condiment. Chipotle mayo adds extra flavor to sandwiches, wraps, burgers, tacos, quesadillas, and more.
Plus, it’s easy to make at home and can be stored in the fridge for a few weeks. Chipotle mayo is worth a try if you’re a spicy, flavorful condiments fan!