Let’s try this bowl full of fresh vegetables and flavorful dressing. Jamie Oliver coleslaw recipe is a perfect way to enjoy greens in the winter.
The coleslaw is teamed up with top-notch ingredients to create a savory taste.
Making this coleslaw is quite simple. Shred carrots, fennel, and radishes in a food processor. Add them to the bowl with chopped cabbage, onion, and shallots.
Pour a flavorful and tangy dressing over the bowl of veggies. That’s it.
Jamie Oliver keeps the coleslaw recipe simple. The dressing is the real charm of the salad, with savory and tangy flavors. He also suggests topping your coleslaw with roast lamb or pork slices.
So my salad lovers! Are you ready to jazz up your sandwiches with this delicious coleslaw? Then don’t wait any longer.
Go through the recipe steps, note down ingredients, and get nutritional information. Before you proceed with the recipe, check out the list of other Jamie Oliver recipes.
Other Jamie Oliver Recipes That You Can Try
- Jamie Oliver Paella
- Jamie Oliver Blackened Chicken With Quinoa Salad
- Jamie Oliver Crackin’ Crab Briks
- Jamie Oliver Pesto Pasta With Chicken
- Jamie Oliver French Onion Soup
- Jamie Oliver Roast Chicken
- Jamie Oliver Fish Pie
- Jamie Oliver Mushroom Risotto
- Jamie Oliver Beef Bourguignon Recipe
- Jamie Oliver Shepherd’s Pie
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Coleslaw?
- Food Processor – Shred carrots, radishes, and fennel in the food processor.
- Bowl – Combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Knife – Use a sharp knife to chop onions, shallots, and cabbage for the coleslaw.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Coleslaw?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||10 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Coleslaw?
- Olive Oil – Make a dressing with olive oil for a healthy coleslaw.
- Yogurt – Yogurt adds a creamy texture and a nice tang to the coleslaw.
- Lime Juice – Add an extra kick of tanginess with lime juice.
- Carrots – For colorful coleslaw, carrots are a must. Use shredded carrots.
- Fennel – Fennel enhances the flavor of the coleslaw. Add trimmed fennel bulb into the coleslaw.
- Radishes – For zesty, spicy flavors, add shredded radishes. They add a nice crunch to the coleslaw.
- Onion – We’ll add chopped onions to the coleslaw for the savory flavors.
- Shallots – Add shallots for the sweet flavor with a hint of sharpness.
- Cabbage – Take red and white cabbage for the coleslaw.
- Beetroot – Okay! So, beetroot adds a nice color. Also, they are a good source of nutrients, fiber, and Vitamin A.
- Celeriac – Add shredded raw celeriac for nutty and refreshing flavors. They are perfect for salad recipes and sales.
- Mustard – For a strong, pungent taste, add mustard.
- Herbs – This recipe uses mint, fennel, dill, parsley, and chervil.
- Salt – Season the coleslaw with a pinch of salt.
- Black Pepper – A dash of black pepper to season the coleslaw is perfect.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Coleslaw
1. Shred Veggies
Shred the carrots, fennel, and radishes on a mandoline or with the julienne slicer of your food processor.
Put all the vegetables in a mixing bowl. Thinly slice the cabbage, onions, and shallots. Add to the same bowl.
2. Prepare Dressing
In a separate small bowl, mix half of the lemon juice with the same amount of extra virgin olive oil, chopped herbs (mint, fennel, dill, parsley, and chervil), low-fat yogurt, and mustard.
3. Pour The Dressing
Pour the dressing over the bowl of vegetables. Mix well everything to coat the veggies. Season with salt and black pepper.
Jamie Oliver coleslaw is ready to serve.
How Will Jamie Oliver Coleslaw Look And Taste Like?
Jamie Oliver coleslaw is a super crunchy and creamy salad. It’s packed with refreshing and seasonal veggies, adding a nice color to the salad.
The taste of this coleslaw is a bit spicy, savory, sweet, and tangy. Its creamy texture is best to pair with your sandwiches. So, go ahead and try this slaw.
Jamie Oliver Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 1 Lime Juice
- 2 Carrots (peeled & shredded)
- 1 bulb Fennel
- 4 Radishes (shredded)
- ½ Onion (diced)
- 1 Shallots (peeled)
- 14 oz Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 Beetroot (peeled)
- ½ Celeriac (peeled)
- 2 tablespoon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Herbs (mint, fennel, dill, parsley and chervil)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (a dash)
- In a food processor, shred carrots, fennel, and radishes. Put them in the bowl.
- To the same bowl, add chopped cabbage, onions, and shallots.
- For the dressing, combine olive oil, lime juice, herbs, yogurt, and mustard. Mix well.
- Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and coat them well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Jamie Oliver’s coleslaw is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the dressing on coleslaw made of?
Coleslaw dressing contains olive oil, lime juice, herbs, yogurt, and mustard. All these ingredients add a nice flavor and texture to the coleslaw.
Is it better to make coleslaw the day before?
Yes definitely! You can make coleslaw in advance and use it for upto two days. Coleslaw is a cold dish and can be stored in a bowl wrapped with plastic wrap in a refrigerator.
Do you put eggs in coleslaw?
No! Coleslaw is a vegetable dish seasoned with herbs, spices, and lime juice. If you add eggs, they won’t be stored for more than a day. So, Jamie Oliver doesn’t put eggs into it.
How do you cut carrots for coleslaw?
Carrots are shredded in the food processor before adding them to the coleslaw. You’ll need juliennes of the carrots for the texture of the coleslaw.
What type of cabbage is best for coleslaw?
Green cabbage is best for coleslaw.
This coleslaw recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves tangy, creamy, and crunchy salads. The best part about this dish is that it can be easily customized to suit your taste.
So, if you like your coleslaw with more or less dressing, cabbage, or different herbs and spices, go ahead and give it a try!