Skip the sachets for making soups, and try this Gordon Ramsay broccoli soup. It’s way easier, delicious, and perfect than the regular soup. It’s refreshing and a classic soup recipe that can be prepared within less than half an hour.
The best thing about this recipe is that it requires no fancy ingredients. Only a handful of three to four ingredients! We generally don’t eat much broccoli. But our chef found this creative way, which needs to be appreciated. It is the perfect way to consume some greens.
But remember one thing this soup is not made with cheese and cream, so be very careful with the ingredients. Rest, you are advised to follow the guide thoroughly for the same flavors and textures.
So, it was just a snippet of Gordon Ramsay broccoli soup. It would help if you went through the guide for detailed information, including recipe steps, tips, storage, etc. Let’s start making this soup and enjoy the meal without any further ado.
What's In The Post
Is This The Exact Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup Recipe?
Yes, this is the exact Gordon Ramsay broccoli soup that our chef has prepared. We’ve followed the same recipe as the renowned chef does. It’s the same three-ingredient recipe.
We were initially skeptical about this recipe, but it was the best comfort food. It was delicious, smooth, and, best of all, it was easy to prepare. All you have to do is to follow this recipe guide thoroughly for the best results.
How Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup Is Different From Regular Broccoli Soup?
Gordon Ramsay broccoli soup is quite different from the regular broccoli soup. He has used just five ingredients to make this soup, whereas regular broccoli soup includes eight to ten elements.
Besides this, he hasn’t added any milk to make this soup creamy like regular recipes on the internet. Besides this, the renowned chef has also prepared this soup from fresh broccoli florets, while other recipes might sometimes include frozen florets.
Why You’ll Love This Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup Recipe?
- Easy – Gordon Ramsay broccoli soup is relatively easy to prepare. Also, you don’t need fancy ingredients to make this soup.
- No Cream Soup – Like any other soup recipe, this soup is made without cream and roux.
- Versatile – This broccoli soup is highly versatile, and you can add or swap any ingredient as per your taste.
What Kind Of Cheese Does Gordon Ramsay Use In His Broccoli Soup?
Gordon Ramsay hasn’t used any cheese in his broccoli soup. Instead, he served this delicious soup with slices of goat cheese.
The reason behind using goat cheese is it is highly nutritious and contains lower levels of lactose. This cheese will add a creamy and distinct flavor to the soup.
Equipment Required For Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup
- Pot – Boil broccoli florets in a pot containing salted water until tender enough for the recipe.
- Immersion Blender – Puree the blanched florets in a blender until smooth.
- Knife – Cut broccoli florets into medium-sized pieces with a sharp knife.
- Sieve – Drain off excess water from the pot by using a sieve.
- Slotted Spoon – Transfer the drained and tender florets into a blender with a slotted spoon.
- Fork – Check if the florets are tender enough to blend with a knife.
Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup Ingredients
- Fresh Broccoli – We have used broccoli for this soup as it will add a crunchy and slightly sweet taste.
- Water – Pour water into a pot to boil the broccoli for the recipe.
- Goat Cheese – Goat cheese will complement the soup’s smooth and creamy texture.
- Salt – Add a pinch of salt while boiling the florets to enhance their flavor profile.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper will add a spicy kick to this soup.
- Walnuts – Top your delicious soup with crunchy walnuts for tangy and crispy notes.
Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup Ingredients Substitutions
- Broccoli – You can use frozen broccoli florets instead of fresh ones for the soup. Be sure to boil them only briefly, or they will become mushy.
- Cheese – You can serve this easy and smooth broccoli soup instead of goat cheese by garnishing it with shredded cheese.
- Nuts – Top your soup with nuts like peanuts for a crunchy bite.
- Liquid – You can add either vegetable or chicken stock while blending the florets.
Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup Preparation And Cooking Time
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||20 Minutes||25 Minutes|
Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup Recipe Steps
Step 1- Bring water to a boil in a large stock pot and add a pinch of salt to the water.
Step 2- Add broccoli florets and boil them until tender enough.
Step 3- Use a slotted spoon and transfer cooked broccoli to an immersion blender.
Step 4- Season it with a teaspoon each of salt and black pepper.
Step 5- Pour enough water to fill the blender and pulse it until puree is formed.
Step 6- Pour soup into a shallow bowl, top it off with walnut, and serve it with bits of goat cheese.
Step 7- Your Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup is ready.
Tips To Make This Soup Better
- Use Fresh Broccoli – We have used fresh broccoli for this recipe. Make sure the broccoli won’t have any black spots. In contrast, you can also use frozen florets. But make sure not to boil for so long. Else, it will result in mushy soup.
- Chopping Method – It is essential to chop the florets into medium size to make it easier to puree them. Alternatively, if you’re using frozen broccoli, thaw it before pureeing them.
- Make Ahead Of Time – The best part of this soup is you can prepare it at any time and freeze them for later use. To consume it immediately, thaw your soup and remix it before serving.
- Make It Healthier – This soup is vegan and keto-friendly. However, you can make it healthier, too, with olive oil and almond milk or lite coconut milk. For this, warm them and pour them into the soup to add lovely flavors.
- Liquid – Our chef hasn’t added any liquid while making the soup. But, if you want, you can add milk to make it creamier.
Why Is My Broccoli Soup Watery?
There might be a situation where your broccoli soup may become watery. The reason might be the use of excess liquid. Besides, cooking the soup only briefly or blending the ingredients thoroughly can lead to light soup. But how to fix these? Here’s a solution:
- If your soup is watery, add a tablespoon of yogurt to thicken it up. It is an excellent choice for the soup, adding a creamy texture.
- If you want a thicker soup, add a dollop of cream. It will not only provide you with a thicker texture but will also enhance the overall flavor.
- Simmer the soup for over five to ten minutes to make it thicker.
- Whisk a knob of melted butter into the soup to thicken your watery soup. It will add a creamy texture and enhance its consistency.
- Many recipes call for cornstarch or roux. This way, you can fix your watery soup, and you will reach your desired consistency.
- Besides these, potato slices will be the better choice for thickening the soup.
How Will This Broccoli Soup Look And Taste Like?
Recreating Gordon Ramsay’s broccoli soup is a fantastic experience. As and when our chef poured the soup into a bowl, it was creamy and delicious. It has a smooth texture with an added layer of chopped crunchy nuts.
As soon as you taste the soup, you’ll notice the refreshing broccoli provides a slightly sweet flavor. In addition to this, the layer of creamy cheese and crunchy nuts has elevated its overall flavor profile.
Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup Nutritional Information
Luckily, this Gordon Ramsay broccoli soup is highly nutritious, containing no milk, cream, or fat-based products. Besides this, this soup is vegan-free, keto-friendly, and gluten-free, making it perfect for a weeknight dinner. Still, if you want to know more about its nutritional value, take a look at the table below:
|Saturated Fat||0.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.1 g|
Can You Make This Broccoli Soup Ahead Of Time?
Yes, of course, you can make this broccoli soup beforehand. After boiling the florets and blending the mixture until creamy and smooth, let the broccoli soup cool at room temperature.
The taste of this soup won’t hamper as this soup doesn’t include any cream, milk, or dairy-based ingredients. So, it is safe to prepare this soup beforehand and store it.
How to Store This Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup?
Like any other soup, storing this soup is relatively easy. But how? Take a look at a few ways:
- Let the soup cool at room temperature for a few minutes before transferring to an airtight container. Leave space towards the top as the soup expands as it freezes.
- Once cooled, transfer the soup to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to three to four days.
- If you want to store it for longer, transfer the soup to an airtight container and freeze it for up to three to four months.
How To Reheat This Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup?
This soup is served chilled, so you don’t need to warm it up. Still, if you wish to reheat this broccoli soup, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Remove the soup from the refrigerator and let it rest at room temperature.
- Step 2: Transfer the desired amount of soup to a pot or microwave-safe container.
- Step 3: If you stovetop, heat the soup over low-medium heat until warm enough. Be mindful while warming the soup, or it could affect its taste.
- Step 4: If using a microwave, place the microwave-safe bowl in the microwave and warm it for a minute or so at regular intervals.
What To Serve With This Broccoli Soup?
This Gordon Ramsay-style broccoli soup is perfect on its own. Pairing it with other recipes will complete it. Some of the options are:
- Gordon Ramsay Potato Salad – This potato salad will taste amazing with your refreshing broccoli soup. The recipe is quite simple. Even the flavors won’t overwhelm you.
- Gordon Ramsay Grilled Cheese Sandwich – Nothing can beat a grilled cheese sandwich with this soup. They are so unique, comforting, and tasty that you can’t even deny their taste.
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Lettuce Wraps – Beef lettuce wraps are made by filling lettuce leaves with a crispy and perfectly seasoned beef mixture. It will go well with the contrasting flavors of the soup.
- Gordon Ramsay Quinoa Salad – When we think of something fulfilling and what goes best with soup, quinoa salad always wins the situation. You can make this salad ahead of time and enjoy it with the soup.
Other Recipes To Try
So, it was all about Gordon Ramsay broccoli soup. It is easy, tasty, delicious, and perfect for a weeknight dinner. So, it’s a must-try recipe that can be prepared quickly.
Besides this, you can check out various of Gordon Ramsay’s recipes. Some are Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti, Gordon Ramsay Ice Cream, Gordon Ramsay Banger and Mash, Gordon Ramsay Prawn Salad, Gordon Ramsay Lamb Kofta, and Gordon Ramsay Chimichurri.
Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup Recipe
- Immersion Blender
- Slotted Spoon
- 2 medium Fresh Broccoli Clusters
- 4 slices Goat Cheese (for serving)
- 2½ cups Water
- 8 Walnuts
- 3 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a large stock pot and add a pinch of salt to the water.
- Add broccoli florets and boil them until tender enough.
- Use a slotted spoon and transfer cooked broccoli to an immersion blender.
- Season it with a teaspoon each of salt and black pepper.
- Pour enough water to fill the blender and pulse it until puree is formed.
- Pour soup into a shallow bowl, top it off with walnut, and serve it with bits of goat cheese.
- Your Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is my broccoli soup bitter?
Broccoli develops a bitter flavor when the plant starts to produce flowers, also called bolting.
How do I thicken my broccoli soup?
You can mix butter and flour to form a thick paste, then stir that into the soup. You can also whisk some cornstarch into cold water or broth until the cornstarch is dissolved, and stir that into the soup. Or tou can add a bit more cheese.
Does blanching broccoli remove bitterness?
The easiest way to get some of that bitter flavor out is by blanching it first. Just a quick minute in boiling water gets enough of the bitterness out and jumpstarts the cooking.
This was the quick and easy recipe for Gordon Ramsay broccoli soup. Make this healthy and delicious soup at home and tell me in the comments below how well you liked it. See you with another recipe.