If you have ever made broccoli soup, you’d know that it needs a lot of ingredients. But Gordon Ramsay made this task simple! Gordon Ramsay broccoli soup includes only 5 ingredients.
To make Gordon Ramsay broccoli soup, fill a pot half up with water. Add salt and broccoli to it and bring to a boil. Cook the broccoli and then take it out.
Now, in a blender, add broccoli, salt, pepper, and water. Pulse it until it forms a puree. Then, put goat cheese and walnuts in a bowl and pour the soup over them. Drizzle coconut oil over it and serve.
If you want to add nuttiness and richness to Gordon Ramsay broccoli soup, you can also add walnuts and goat cheese.
Don’t worry, these additions are chef-approved as Gordon Ramsay added them to the soup later on. But if you want to stick to the 5-ingredient soup, that’s also fine.
This is the summary of the recipe for Gordon Ramsay broccoli soup. Find the complete recipe below in the recipe card.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Potato Boulangere
- Gordon Ramsay Pan Fried Scallops
- Gordon Ramsay Spaghetti Bolognese
- Gordon Ramsay Fish And Chips
- Gordon Ramsay Pizza Dough
- Gordon Ramsay Sea Bass Fennel, Lemon And Capers
- Gordon Ramsay Mediterranean Sea Bass
- Gordon Ramsay Sea Bass With Sorrel Sauce
- Gordon Ramsay Potato Crusted Sea Bass With Minestrone And Clams
- Gordon Ramsay Roast Beef Carpaccio
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup?
- Pot – Boil your broccoli florets in a pot.
- Blender – When the broccoli florets are cooked, blend them in a blender.
- Knife – Use the knife for cutting florets.
- Slotted Spoon- Take the chopped florets from water with a slotted spoon.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||20 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Broccoli Soup?
- Fresh Broccoli Clusters – Separate the florets of the broccoli and then boil them
- Salt – Season the soup with salt to enhance flavors.
- Ground Black Pepper – Season the broccoli with a pinch of pepper.
- Coconut Oil – Drizzle some coconut oil over the soup to make it rich and flavorful.
- Goat Cheese and Walnuts – Top your soup with some goat cheese for a a meltability and smooth texture.
- Walnuts – Top your soup with crunchy walnuts for tangy and sharp notes.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Broccoli Soup?
1. Pretty Little Florets
Take a pot and fill it half up with water. Then, add some salt and broccoli to it and bring it to a boil. Cook the broccoli florets for about 8-10 minutes.
Then, take them out of the pan but do not drain the water. Now, in a blender, put the broccoli and add the water from the pot. Fill the blender jar halfway and then, add salt and pepper.
2. Blended Broccoli
Then, blend the broccoli for a few minutes until it becomes a smooth puree. In a bowl, add walnuts and goat cheese.
Pour the soup over them. Drizzle coconut lightly over the soup and serve. Your warm and smooth broccoli soup is ready!
|Saturated Fat||0.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.1 g|
How Will The Gordon Ramsay’s Broccoli Soup Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay’s broccoli soup has the broccoli green color. It tastes like seasoned broccoli and coconuts. The crumbled goat cheese and crunchy walnuts add an interesting texture and delicous taste to the soup.
Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup Recipe
- 2 medium Fresh Broccoli Clusters
- 4 slices Goat Cheese (for serving)
- ½ teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 8 Walnuts
- 3 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Take a pot and fill it half up with water. Then, add some salt and broccoli to it and bring it to a boil.
- Cook the broccoli florets for about 8-10 minutes. Then, take them out of the pan but do not drain the water.
- Now, in a blender, put the broccoli and add the water from the pot. Fill the blender jar halfway and then, add salt and pepper.
- Then, blend the broccoli for a few minutes until it becomes a smooth puree.
- In a bowl, add walnuts and goat cheese. Pour the soup over them. Drizzle coconut lightly over the soup and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is my broccoli soup bitter?
Broccoli develops a bitter flavor when the plant starts to produce flowers, also called bolting.
How do I thicken my broccoli soup?
You can mix butter and flour to form a thick paste, then stir that into the soup. You can also whisk some cornstarch into cold water or broth until the cornstarch is dissolved, and stir that into the soup. Or tou can add a bit more cheese.
Does blanching broccoli remove bitterness?
The easiest way to get some of that bitter flavor out is by blanching it first. Just a quick minute in boiling water gets enough of the bitterness out and jumpstarts the cooking.
This was the quick and easy recipe for Gordon Ramsay broccoli soup. Make this healthy and delicious soup at home and tell me in the comments below how well you liked it. See you with another recipe.