Salads are among the best healthy snacks for those looking for a quick, refreshing dinner idea. One is Gordon Ramsay caesar salad, which is full of flavor. But what if I say you can prepare this salad in less than half an hour? Hard to believe? Worry not; we have the best recipe for you.
You can easily find the ingredients used in this recipe by Gordon Ramsay. It is way more tastier than the traditional lettuce salad. It is decked with fresh and lively flavors, and you won’t believe how easy it is to prepare. All you have to do is to prepare the ingredients and toss-toss.
This creamy caesar salad is a perfect pocket recipe. It’ll pay you off. You can top your salad with chicken breasts or a topping. However, the chef advised to keep this recipe simple as it is made with top-notch ingredients.
You’ve resisted yourself for a long time. So, it is time to try. This dish is healthy; it’s naturally low in carbohydrates and fat and high in protein. With just a few minutes of preparation, you can serve the befitting flavors of Gordon Ramsay caesar salad.
What's In The Post
Is This The Exact Gordon Ramsay Caesar Salad Recipe?
Yes, this is the exact Gordon Ramsay caesar salad recipe that our chef has prepared. We’ve followed the recipe step-by-step as the legend did in his recipe. The result is a classic, creamy, and delicious salad filled with crispy and crunchy toppings.
As you know, Gordon Ramsay is known for his technique; all his recipes are remarkable. But this recipe is exceptional. It is full of healthy and nutritious ingredients. Our chef Jasbir has perfectly made this recipe, resulting in a refreshing salad. You won’t believe how easy it is to make.
How Is Gordon Ramsay’s Caesar Salad Different From Regular Caesar Salad?
Gordon Ramsay caesar salad is unbeatable. The crunchy and refreshing toppings and lettuce are dressed with tangy yet creamy dressing made with eggs and cheese. But when it comes to the regular caesar salad, toppings and veggies are outfitted with either mayo-based or vinegar-based sauce, which is generally unhealthy.
Jamie Oliver’s coleslaw is primarily made with white cabbage. In contrast, the regular bowl is made with a combination of red and green cabbage. On top of that, Jamie Oliver emphasizes using fresh ingredients. On the other hand, some recipes call for coleslaw mix available at grocery stores.
Why You’ll Love This Gordon Ramsay Caesar Salad Recipe?
- Easy-To-Make – Caesar salads are best as they are seriously very easy to make. All you need to do is to prep the ingredients and toss them together in a bowl, that too, within a few minutes.
- Need Less Ingredients – It is made with a few ingredients. All you need is romaine lettuce, Parmesan cheese, croutons, and dressing. You can also add some meat to add a little extra flavor to the mix.
- Customizable – The best part of this salad is that you can easily customize it per your preferences. You can prepare the homemade caesar salad dressing or buy it from the store too.
What Does Gordon Ramsay’s Caesar Salad Dressing Have In It?
Gordon Ramsay caesar salad dressing is made by blending egg yolks, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice in a bowl. It is then thickened by adding oil slowly and seasoned with salt and pepper.
While other recipes for caesar salad dressing include mayonnaise, spices like garlic, cheese, and hot and spicy sauce.
Equipment Required For Gordon Ramsay Caesar Salad
- Pan – Use a non-stick pan to fry the croutons nicely and one griddle pan to grill the chicken breast.
- Bowl – You will need a bowl to mix all the ingredients well to prepare a creamy caesar dressing for the salad.
- Whisk the egg yolk with Dijon mustard and red wine vinegar for the vinaigrette.
- Knife – Use a sharp knife to chop the spices and herbs.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to cook the croutons properly in a pan.
Gordon Ramsay Caesar Salad Ingredients
For The Salad
- Parmesan Cheese – Freshly grate Parmesan cheese for this recipe, as it will add creamy and cheesy bite to the dressing.
- Croutons – Crisp croutons in a frying pan to add crunch to your salad.
- Lettuce – Use fresh lettuce and tear them into large pieces to add the refreshing touch to the salad.
- Anchovies – Add anchovies or paste for a strong, pungent taste.
- Olive Oil – Make a dressing with olive oil for a healthy salad.
For The Dressing
- Egg Yolk – Use an egg yolk to make the salad dressing.
- Lemon Juice – Freshly squeeze lemon to add a citrusy flavor to the dressing.
- Worcestershire Sauce – We have used Worcestershire sauce for the salad dressing as it will add salty flavor with a slight sweetness.
- Mustard – A touch of tanginess and sharp flavor can be added to the dressing with mustard.
- Olive Oil – Drizzle a few drops of olive oil to help the ingredients stick together.
- Salt – Season the Caesar salad with a pinch of salt.
- Black Pepper – A dash of black pepper to season the caesar salad is perfect.
Gordon Ramsay Caesar Salad Ingredients Substitutions
It is undeniable that Gordon Ramsay caesar salad is perfect and can be prepared with ingredients that you already have in your pantry. But experimenting with different ingredients is entirely acceptable. So, if you want to make this recipe better, you can substitute its components with the following option:
- Eggs – If you don’t have eggs handy or want a different base for the dressing, substitute it with mayonnaise. Both will provide a creamy texture with richness to the dressing.
- Lemon Juice – If you don’t have fresh lemons or don’t want to add citrus flavor, substitute it with white wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or rice vinegar. It will add tanginess to the dressing.
- Olive Oil – Add a few tablespoons of olive oil to make the dressing lighter. Increase the amount of yogurt for a creamier sauce, or use extra virgin olive oil for a smoother and healthier option.
- Anchovies – Anchovies add a pleasant taste to the salad. But, if you don’t have it, add a teaspoon of Dijon mustard for the same effect.
- Additional Vegetables – This homemade version of Gordon Ramsay caesar salad recipe includes various veggies. But if you want to make it more appealing, feel free to customize the vegetable selection based on your preference or what you have available. You can also add fruits or nuts for added texture and flavor.
How Do You Cut lettuce for This Caesar Salad?
- Slice The Lettuce In A Long Way – Trim the leafy end of the lettuce to remove wilted or damaged pieces. Now take the head and cut it a long way.
- Cut The Hands Off – Bunch the lettuce in one pile, cut the roots, and end off the lettuce.
- Cut Into Pieces – Now, chop the lettuce into pieces to put into your salad and wash it properly.
Gordon Ramsay Caesar Salad Preparation And Cooking Time
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||15 Minutes||25 Minutes|
Gordon Ramsay Caesar Salad Recipe Steps.
Step 1- To make the dressing, take a bowl and add egg yolk with half a teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
Step 2- Now, add a splash of Worchestershire sauce.
Step 3- Whisk it properly until you get the thick double creamy texture with olive oil.
Step 4- Once done, drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil, add bashed garlic and anchovies.
Step 5- Season the dressing with lemon juice, salt, and black pepper.
Step 6- Once the dressing is prepared, chop the croutons into chunks, drizzle olive oil, and sprinkle some grated cheese.
Step 7- Now, nicely chop the lettuce leaves with a sharp knife.
Step 8- Meanwhile, bake the croutons in the preheated oven until crispy and brown for 10 minutes.
Step 9- Now is the time to assemble this salad.
Step 10- Mix the sauce with the lettuce in a bowl and add baked croutons.
Step 11- Layer it with some dressing, and sprinkle the cheese. And ta-da! Your caesar salad is ready.
Tips To Make This Gordon Ramsay Caesar Salad Better
This Gordon Ramsay caesar salad is perfect on its own. However, you can make it better by following these tips:
- Our chef recommends using fresh ingredients for this salad as it affects the flavor and texture. He advised using crispy romaine lettuce, fresh lemon juice, and high-quality Parmesan cheese for that exact flavor.
- If you want to improve this salad, don’t buy caesar dressing from outside. Refer to Gordon Ramsay’s recipe for caesar salad dressing to give your salad a fresh, bold flavor.
- Grilling the lettuce is generally not advised as it will overpower the overall flavor profile. However, adding grilled lettuce can add a smoky flavor and give the salad a unique texture.
- You can also add red wine vinegar to add a sharp tang flavor to the dressing.
- To make croutons at home, you can use artisan bread or French bread. Also, you can toss them in olive oil, garlic, and Parmesan cheese to add extra flavor and texture to the salad.
- While adding chicken breasts, you can add crispy bacon bits to the salad for a delicious salty crunch.
How Far Apart Lettuce Be Thinned For This Salad?
The size of lettuce that needs to be thinned apart depends on the type of lettuce you use. Head lettuce varieties like icebergs should be thinned about 6 to 12 inches. In comparison, loose-leaf lettuce, like romaine lettuce, should be thinned about 4 to 6 inches apart. The leaves should be thinned about 6 to 8 inches for butterhead, and for arugula, it should be around 2 to 3 inches.
Since, this recipe calls for romaine lettuce, so our chef has thinned about 4 to 6 inches apart. It is essential to thin lettuce for the salad to make it easier to eat. Besides this, four to six inches is enough to coat the dressing, preventing it from wilting.
How Will This Caesar Salad Look And Taste Like?
Recreating Gordon Ramsay caesar salad was a classic experience for us and our chef perfectly recreated this recipe. The result was a fresh, delicious, and flavorful salad. It was having crispy romaine lettuce, shaved cheese, and crunchy croutons, all tossed in creamy creamy dressing.
When we tasted it, we were taken aback. The taste of this salad was exceptional. It was a bit tangy, sweet, and creamy. I would love to pair it with the sandwiches. So, go ahead and try this salad.
Is This Gordon Ramsay Caesar Salad Healthy?
Gordon Ramsay caesar salad is very healthy as it is made with fresh and nutritious ingredients. However, it is not vegan-free as it contains eggs. But, you can make it vegan-free by substituting with other ingredients. Rest, if you want to know more about its nutritional value, take a look at the table below:
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
How To Store This Gordon Ramsay Caesar Salad?
Storing Gordon Ramsay caesar salad is generally not recommended as it contains creamy dressing, which may spoil if not consumed fresh. However, if you still wish to store the leftovers, transfer this coleslaw in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for a day or two or store it in the fridge for not more than three days.
It is important to note that the texture of the salad may change slightly as it sits in the refrigerator due to the release of moisture from the veggies. The dressing may become thinner, and the vegetables may soften. However, this creamy salad should still be safe to consume within the recommended storage duration.
What To Serve With This Gordon Ramsay Caesar Salad?
This caesar salad is very fulfilling and refreshing. Pairing it with other dishes will complete it. Some of them are:
- Gordon Ramsay French Toast – This French toast is ideal for pairing with caesar salad. It is sliced bread soaked in beaten eggs, milk, or cream.
- Gordon Ramsay Mac And Cheese – You can pair caesar salad with mac and cheese. This creamy dish will make a great combination with tangy salad.
- Gordon Ramsay Grilled Cheese Sandwich – Nothing can beat a grilled cheese sandwich with this soup. They are so unique, comforting, and tasty that you can’t even deny their taste.
- Gordon Ramsay Beer Bread – This bread doesn’t contain beer; it’s soft and fluffy as bears. It will go perfectly with crunchy and tangy caesar salad, which is slightly chewy and buttery.
- Gordon Ramsay Omelette – To complete your meal, pair your crunchy salad with an omelette. It tastes fantastic as it is pretty creamy and fluffy and can be paired perfectly with tangy salad.
Other Recipes To Try
So, it was all about Gordon Ramsay caesar salad recipe. It is quite easy to prepare. All you have to do is to go through the guide thoroughly for the best and exact flavors.
Besides this recipe, we have covered various other Gordon Ramsay recipes. Some of them are, Gordon Ramsay Mashed Potatoes, Gordon Ramsay Mac and Cheese, Gordon Ramsay Marinara Sauce, Gordon Ramsay Omelette, Gordon Ramsay Quinoa Salad, and Gordon Ramsay Spaghetti Bolognese.
Gordon Ramsay Caesar Salad
For The Salad
- 2 leaves Lettuce (teared)
- 200 grams Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups Croutons
- 2 fillets Anchovies
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
For The Dressing
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- To make the dressing, take a bowl and add egg yolk with half a teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
- Now, add a splash of Worchestershire sauce.
- Whisk it properly until you get the thick double creamy texture with olive oil.
- Once done, drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil, add bashed garlic and anchovies.
- Season the dressing with lemon juice, salt, and black pepper.
- Once the dressing is prepared, chop the croutons into chunks, drizzle olive oil, and sprinkle some grated cheese.
- Now, nicely chop the lettuce leaves with a sharp knife.
- Meanwhile, bake the croutons in the preheated oven until crispy and brown for 10 minutes.
- Now is the time to assemble this salad.
- Mix the sauce with the lettuce in a bowl and add baked croutons.
- Layer it with some dressing, and sprinkle the cheese. And ta-da! Your caesar salad is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How does Gordon Ramsay make Caesar salad dressing?
To make the Caesar salad dressing, blend the egg yolks, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice, adding in the oil slowly.
What is the dressing for Caesar salad made of?
In a liquid measuring cup or bowl, combine the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, Dijon, and Worcestershire sauce, and salt.
Where did Cesar Salad originate from?
Caesar salad originated in Tijuana.
Do all Caesar dressings have anchovies?
Yes, you can add anchovies in the Caesar dressing. You will find that all of the Caesar dressings below have anchovies.
What are you waiting for? Go, try it, and don’t forget to share your experience with me in the comment section below.