Julia Child’s clafoutis recipe makes one of the best desserts: golden and caramelized on the outside and custard-like on the inside. Let’s look at the recipe in detail.
To make Clafoutis, blend milk, flour, sugar, and salt in the blender. Make a smooth batter. Then coat the baking dish with ¼ cup of batter and cook on the stove.
Once the baking dish is nicely coated with batter, pour the remaining batter, fruits, and sugar.
Bake for forty-five minutes. Clafoutis is ready. Serve warm and treat your guests with a delicious dessert.
It’s a french dessert that traditionally contains cherries. The recipe tastes best when you use fresh, sweet cherries.
Moreover, dust some powdered sugar on top of the Clafoutis for perfect garnishing.
Follow the step-by-step guide for the recipe. Get the equipment and ingredients list needed to make Clafoutis and nutritional values. Let’s get started right away! Check out other best Julia Child’s recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Julia Child’s Recipes That You Can Try
- Julia Child’s Chicken And Mushrooms
- Julia Child’s Chocolate Cake Reine De Saba
- Julia Child’s Cheese Souffle
- Julia Child’s Potato Salad
- Julia Child’s Chocolate Almond Cake
- Julia Child’s Chocolate Mousse
- Julia Child’s French Onion Soup
- Julia Child’s Beef Stroganoff
- Julia Child’s Ratatouille
- Julia Child’s Coq Au Vin
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Julia Child’s Clafoutis?
- Blender – Blend milk, flour, eggs, salt, and sugar into the blender.
- Oven – Bake clafoutis in the oven for forty-five minutes.
- Baking Dish – Prepare the Clafoutis using a baking dish.
- Spoon – Use a spoon to sprinkle powdered sugar on the top.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Julia Child’s Clafoutis?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||55 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Julia Child’s Clafoutis?
- Milk – Make a frothy and smooth batter using milk.
- Flour – We’ll use all-purpose flour as the base of Clafoutis.
- Eggs – Add eggs with yolks to make the batter rich.
- Cherries – Use pitted fresh cherries to mix in the batter for a fruity dessert.
- Sugar – Take granulated sugar to mix in the batter for sweetness.
- Powdered Sugar – Dust powdered sugar on the top of Clafoutis for serving.
- Salt – Add a teaspoon of salt to balance the taste of the dessert.
Steps To Make Julia Child’s Clafoutis
1. Preheat The Oven
At 350 degrees Fahrenheit, preheat the oven. Generously butter a large, round baking dish at least 1.5 inches deep.
2. Blend Milk
Put the milk into a blender, add ⅓ cup of granulated sugar and three eggs. Add some salt and flour, then blend until smooth and frothy for about 1 minute.
3. Turn On Stove Burner
Pour ¼ of an inch of batter into the baking dish and set a stove burner to low. Let it cook for two minutes until the bottom is covered in some film-like batter coating. Then, remove from heat.
4. Let’s Bake
Gently but firmly place the berries on top of the batter and sprinkle the last ⅓ cup of sugar over them. Pour the remaining batter over and smooth it out with a spoon.
Place in the center of an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and bake for 50 minutes until the top is puffed out, evenly browned, and a tester plunged into its center comes out clean.
Before serving, sprinkle it with powdered sugar. Note that Clafoutis should be served warm. It will sink slightly as it cools.
How Will Julia Child’s Clafoutis Look And Taste Like?
Julia Child’s Clafoutis is guaranteed to please everyone with its light texture. It has crispy edges and a custard-like texture on the inside. It’s a sweet, tangy, and rich dessert.
The cherries add a nice sweet-and-sour combination to this French dessert. You must try these golden browned fresh baked desserts from the oven and enjoy the warmness of it.
Julia Child’s Clafoutis Recipe
- Baking Dish
- 1¼ cup Milk
- ½ cup Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 3 cups Cherries (pitted)
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- Powdered Sugar (as needed)
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease the baking dish with butter.
- Blend milk, sugar, eggs, salt, and flour into the blender. Blend for one minute until forty.
- Pour ¼ of the batter into the baking dish. Place the dish on the burning stovetop and cook for two minutes. The batter film should be properly set.
- Sprinkle sugar and berries on it.
- Then pour the remaining batter into the baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the oven.
- Before serving, sprinkle powdered sugar on the top.
- Julia Child’s clafoutis is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What does a clafoutis taste like?
Clafoutis is a sweet dessert dish with chunks of sweet and sour berries. It’s an oven-baked dessert that has the texture of a thick pancake.
What does Clafoutis mean in French?
Clafoutis means butter pudding.
What is the difference between Clafoutis and cobbler?
Both Clafoutis and cobbler are prepared with almost similar ingredients. The only difference is that pastry butter is mixed with fruit in Clafoutis. When you prepare a cobbler, you place the fruits on top.
Can you reheat clafoutis?
Yes, you can store Clafoutis for three to four days in an airtight container. Please put them in the fridge. Reheat them for five minutes.
How do you eat Clafoutis?
Enjoy clafoutis warm. You can also store them in an airtight container and reheat them.
This clafoutis recipe is the perfect summer dessert. It’s light and fruity and can be made with any berry you have on hand.
Whether you’re making it for a picnic or enjoying it at home, this Clafoutis will surely please everyone. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!