Jamie Oliver brussel sprouts recipe is nutritious and a superfood. They’re high in fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and calcium.
And here’s one more thing – they’re delicious! To enjoy brussels sprouts deliciously, follow Jamie Oliver’s recipe.
So, Jamie Oliver makes Brussels sprouts by heating a saucepan filled with salted water. He adds them to the saucepan and cooks for five minutes until the sprouts are tender.
Now he cooks sage leaves, then sausages, apples, and onions. He adds Worcestershire sauce flavor to the Brussels sprouts and serves them hot.
Flavoring Brussels sprouts are a must for a fantastic dish. Chef Jamie adds a savory kick of Worcestershire sauce to the Brussels sprouts. Furthermore, he adds sausages to make it a wholesome meal.
I am going to serve it to my guests. What about you? If you want the full recipe, go through the whole article and get recipe steps, equipment details, and nutritional information. Before you proceed with the recipe, check out the list of other Jamie Oliver recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Jamie Oliver Recipes That You Can Try
- Jamie Oliver Eggplant Parmesan
- Jamie Oliver Roasted Cauliflower
- Jamie Oliver Lasagna
- Jamie Oliver Gnocchi
- Jamie Oliver Chicken In Milk
- Jamie Oliver Coleslaw
- Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Carbonara
- Jamie Oliver Lobster Spaghetti Pasta
- Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Bolognese
- Jamie Oliver Seafood Linguine
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Brussel Sprouts?
- Saucepan – Boil Brussels sprouts in a saucepan filled with water.
- Knife – Trim off the Brussels sprouts and dice apples using a sharp knife.
- Cooking Pan – Cook sausages with onions and apples in the cooking pan.
- Bowl – Once the sage is cooked, transfer it to the bowl.
- Serving Plate – Serve Brussels sprouts on the serving plate.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Brussel Sprouts?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Brussel Sprouts?
- Brussel Sprouts – Brussel sprouts are green leafy vegetables with earthy and slightly bitter flavors. The chef uses these sprouts as the main ingredient in this recipe.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Want a savory kick to your sprouts? Add Worcestershire sauce.
- Butter – Saute sage leaves in the melted butter until crisp.
- Water – Fill the saucepan with water to boil the Brussels sprouts.
- Sausages – We’ll take sausages as it compliments the Brussels sprouts.
- Onion – Dice onions in small pieces to add to the cooking pan.
- Apple – Crispy diced apples provide amazing sweetness to the dish.
- Sage – Saute some sage leaves for the crispy texture of the dish.
- Salt – When boiling sprouts, add some salt to the water.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Brussel Sprouts
1. Trim Brussels
Trim the Brussels and peel away any tatty outer leaves. Halve any larger ones and keep the smaller ones whole.
Cook them in salted water for 5 minutes, then drain and let them steam dry.
2. Heat The Pan
Melt the butter in a frying pan on low heat. Add half the sage leaves, and cook for three minutes. These will crisp up nicely. Remove everything from the pan, and place it into a small bowl.
Place the pan back on the stovetop, add a tablespoon of oil, then scrape off the sausage meat from the skins and break it up with a spoon; cook for five minutes or until golden and crispy.
Meanwhile, peel and finely slice the onion and pick and chop the remaining sage leaves.
Now add chopped onions and sage to the pan. Cook for five minutes on medium heat. Cook until onions are translucent.
3. Add Remaining Ingredients
Peel and dice apples. Add them to the pan and align them with the sprouts. Season everything with Worcestershire sauce and toss well.
Transfer the brussels sprouts to the serving plate. Enjoy.
How Will Jamie Oliver Brussel Sprouts Look And Taste Like?
Jamie Oliver Brussel sprouts is a savory dish with amazing ingredients combined well. It is a crunchy and crisp dish packed with sweet apples, savory sauce, and delicious meat.
The dish looks vibrant with green and red colors. Make the recipe right away and enjoy the nourishing supper with your family.
Jamie Oliver Brussel Sprouts Recipe
- Cooking Pan
- Serving Plate
- 28 oz Brussel Sprouts
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 20 g Butter
- 1 glass Water
- 2 Sausages
- 1 Onion
- 1 Apple
- ½ bunch Sage
- Salt (as needed)
- Trim Brussels. Then heat the pan and stir in salted water. Add brussels sprouts to it. Bring to a boil for five minutes.
- Drain them once cooked.
- In the same pan, melt butter and add sage leaves. Cook them until crispy and nice. Then remove from the pan.
- Drizzle oil in the pan. Cook sausage meat for five minutes.
- Add onions to the pan along with the cooked sage leaves.
- Then add apple and Brussels sprouts, and season everything with Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix everything well.
- Jamie Oliver Brussel sprouts recipe is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the benefits of eating brussels sprouts?
Eating Brussels protects you against stomach, lung, kidney, and breast cancer. It also helps with high blood pressure and heart disease conditions.
What is the healthiest way to eat brussels sprouts?
Brussels sprouts are healthiest to eat when steamed. They retain maximum nutrition and flavor.
How do you make Brussels sprouts taste better?
While cooking Brussels sprouts in the cooking pan, add lemon zest for some extra flavor kick. They will enhance the taste of the dish and make it refreshing.
What meat compliments brussels sprouts?
You can go for steak, hamburgers, and all types of meat with brussels sprouts. Red meats are the best to complement Brussels sprouts.
What takes the bitterness out of Brussels sprouts?
Salt takes down the bitterness of Brussels sprouts. Therefore, when you boil sprouts, add a pinch of salt to the water.
Jamie Oliver’s Brussels sprouts recipe is the perfect side dish for any meal. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and healthy dish that everyone will love.
Moreover, this recipe is versatile, so feel free to experiment with different seasonings and add-ins to make it your own. We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!