Pizza is one of the most popular dishes to eat around the world. A lot of people like to enjoy a slice of pizza at home. You can use this Jamie Oliver pizza dough recipe for those who want to make a homemade pizza from scratch.
To start, combine all-purpose flour and semolina flour on a clean surface. Make a well in the center and add dissolved yeast in water, olive oil, and sugar. Cover a fine dough with plastic wrap to rise it for one hour.
Once it has risen, work on the dough and knead it well. It will result in a soft and chewy pizza dough. Make unlimited pizzas for your guests and get the house party going.
Jamie Oliver keeps the recipe with minimal ingredients. That’s the best for a novice chef to make their first-ever pizza dough without being intimidated by the process. He flavors the dough with sugar and adds semolina flour for a nice color.
If you want to try baking your pizza, this recipe is for you. Find all the recipe instructions, equipment details, and nutritional information below. Before you proceed with the recipe, check out the list of other Jamie Oliver recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Jamie Oliver Recipes That You Can Try
- Jamie Oliver Eggplant Parmesan
- Jamie Oliver Roasted Cauliflower
- Jamie Oliver Lasagna
- Jamie Oliver Gnocchi
- Jamie Oliver Chicken In Milk
- Jamie Oliver Coleslaw
- Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Carbonara
- Jamie Oliver Lobster Spaghetti Pasta
- Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Bolognese
- Jamie Oliver Seafood Linguine
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Pizza Dough?
- Sieve – Sift together all-purpose flour and semolina flour using a sieve.
- Bowl – Put the dough in the refrigerator and store it in the bowl.
- Plastic Wrap – Use plastic wrap to cover the dough bowl for storage purposes.
- Damp Cloth – Use a damp cloth to cover the dough for its fermentation process.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Pizza Dough?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||20 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Pizza Dough?
- All-Purpose Flour – Use good quality all-purpose flour to make pizza dough.
- Semolina Flour – Add semolina flour to add a light yellowish color to the dough.
- Water – Dissolve yeast in the water.
- Olive Oil – Use olive oil to give a good flavor to the dough. Also, it tenderizes the dough.
- Yeast – To make the dough rise properly, add yeast to it.
- Sugar – Add one tablespoon of sugar to add sweetness to the dough.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Pizza Dough
1. Sift The Flour
Sift together all-purpose flour and semolina flour for some color on the clean surface. Now make a well in the center. In a small bowl, combine yeast, sugar, olive oil, and lukewarm water. Leave the yeast for two minutes aside.
Then pour the mixture into the well. Use a fork to bring together the flour. Keep mixing until it starts coming together.
2. Knead The Dough
Now with your clean hands, knead the dough until smooth and elastic. Dust a large bowl with flour and place the dough in it. Cover it with a damp cloth for one hour until it has doubled in size.
Now place the dough again on the clean surface. Punch it downwards to knead it well. Work on the dough, as this will transform the dough into a lovely, spongy dough.
Put the dough back into the bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap for future use. Store in the refrigerator. The pizza dough is ready.
How Will Jamie Oliver Pizza Dough Look And Taste Like?
Jamie Oliver’s pizza dough is spongy and elastic. It’s the super smooth dough texture you will ever get.
He uses semolina flour mixed with plain flour to give a light yellowish color to the dough. Moreover, the yeast gives good fluff to the dough.
Jamie Oliver Pizza Dough Recipe
- Plastic Wrap
- Damp Cloth
- 1 kg All-Purpose Flour
- 200 g Semolina Flour
- 2 cup Water
- 1½ cup Olive Oil
- 7 g Yeast
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Sift the semolina flour and all-purpose flour on a clean surface.
- Make a well in the center.
- Combine yeast, sugar, water, and olive oil in the bowl. Let the yeast rest.
- Then add in the well.
- Combine the flour and make an elastic dough.
- Cover the dough in the bowl with a damp cloth and rest until doubled in size.
- Work again on your dough. Knead it well with your hands.
- Place it back in the bowl and refrigerate it for future use.
- Jamie Oliver’s pizza dough is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is pizza dough made of?
Pizza dough comprises all-purpose flour, semolina flour, yeast, water, olive oil, and salt.
How to make moist pizza dough?
Using good quality all-purpose flour is important for perfectly spongy pizza dough. Moreover, use fresh yeast for the dough. Do not use expired yeast; it won’t let the dough rise.
Is it better to make pizza dough with milk or water?
Use water instead of milk. For yeast to dissolve, water is the best. However, if you want to use milk, it will give you a softer dough. So it depends on what kind of crust you want when making pizza.
What gives flavor to pizza dough?
Salt enhances the flavor of pizza dough. While yeast also adds flavor to the pizza dough during the fermentation process.
Should I add egg to the pizza dough?
Jamie olive doesn’t use eggs in his pizza dough. However, you can add eggs to the pizza dough as they make it richer and provide good flavor.
Here is a good pizza dough recipe that is worth a try. I have tried and tested it, and it works great.
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious pizza dough recipe, give Jamie Oliver’s version a try. Let us know how it goes in the comment section!