If you are looking for a healthy and quick pasta dish that the whole family will love, Jamie Oliver broccoli pasta is a perfect choice. He is most famous for his broccoli pasta.
Jamie Oliver broccoli pasta is simple to make and can be enjoyed by both adults and children alike.
To make Jamie Oliver broccoli pasta, start boiling the pasta in salted water. While the pasta is boiling, Oliver recommends steaming the broccoli florets until they are tender.
Once the pasta is cooked and the broccoli is steamed, they are added to a pan with olive oil, garlic, and chili flakes. The pan is then placed on high heat until everything is combined.
Top freshly grated Parmesan cheese and lemon juice before serving.
Add milk or cream to the pan for a creamier pasta dish when adding the Parmesan cheese. If you want a cheesier flavor, add extra Parmesan cheese or use a different type of cheese, such as cheddar or mozzarella.
Add more chili flakes or a dash of hotter chili pepper to make the dish spicier. To add more vegetables to the dish, try roasting other vegetables such as red peppers, courgettes or aubergines.
If you want to make this delicious and healthy pasta dish, in this blog post, we’ll give you a step-by-step guide on making Jamie Oliver broccoli pasta.
We’ll also provide some tips on how to make the dish even tastier. So, let’s get started! Make your favorite from the list of Jamie Oliver recipes.
Other Jamie Oliver Recipes That You Can Try
- Jamie Oliver Paella
- Jamie Oliver Blackened Chicken With Quinoa Salad
- Jamie Oliver Crackin’ Crab Briks
- Jamie Oliver Pesto Pasta With Chicken
- Jamie Oliver French Onion Soup
- Jamie Oliver Roast Chicken
- Jamie Oliver Fish Pie
- Jamie Oliver Mushroom Risotto
- Jamie Oliver Beef Bourguignon Recipe
- Jamie Oliver Shepherd’s Pie
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Broccoli Pasta?
- Pot – Cook the pasta and broccoli in a pot until tender.
- Pan – Sauté garlic cloves with spices in a pan until translucent.
- Knife – Chop the florets and remove the dry ends with a knife from the broccoli for this recipe.
- Grater – Grate the cheese with a grater for a cheesy and nutty bite.
- Spatula – Toss the spices with cooked pasta and broccoli using a spatula for the final touch.
- Chopping Board – Chop the broccoli on a chopping board to ensure fine cutting.
- Strainer – Strain the water from the pasta and broccoli using a strainer.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Mushroom Pasta?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||30 Minutes||45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Broccoli Pasta?
- Broccoli – Trim and cut broccoli into florets and cook until tender.
- Pasta – I have used orecchiette as it will work wonderfully with sauces. Their small cup shape scoops up the extra flavor in each bite.
- Parmesan Cheese – Grate parmesan cheese to add a gritty texture with a nutty taste.
- Olive Oil – Cook the florets in olive oil until tender and fragrant.
- Garlic – Peel and mince garlic cloves to add a soft, sweet, and buttery flavor.
- Red Pepper Flakes – Crush the red pepper flakes while making the recipe for a spicier taste.
- Sea Salt – Sprinkle salt to enhance flavors of the ingredients.
- Black Pepper – To add an intense flavor, season black pepper over broccoli mixture that pairs well with the dish.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Broccoli Pasta
1. Chop Them Now
Trim around the broccoli, remove the dark green florets, and keep them aside.
Peel and trim the stalks, and throw the dry ends away. Finely chop the broccoli stalk and garlic.
In a large saucepan, put the chopped garlic with a splash of olive oil and crushed chilli. Cook the garlic slowly for 8 to 10 minutes until translucent.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a pot of boiling salted water as per the instructions.
2. Cook The Florets
Cook the broccoli florets along with the pasta for the last 4 minutes. It will make florets soft enough to eat, leaving a great color and texture.
Drain the pasta and broccoli, and save some cooking water. Toss cooked pasta and broccoli into the pan. Simmer the pan and then remove it from the heat.
3. The Pasta Is Ready To Serve
Season pasta with sea salt, black pepper, and finely grated Parmesan cheese. Mix well, and add the saved cooking water to loosen, if needed.
Serve immediately; sprinkle finely chopped parsley leaves.
|Saturated Fat||5.1 g|
How Will Jamie Oliver Broccoli Pasta Look And Taste Like?
The taste of Jamie Oliver broccoli pasta is something that you will never forget. The combination of broccoli, garlic and red pepper flakes gives the pasta a unique flavor that is unlike any other pasta dish you have ever tasted.
The olive oil and Parmesan cheese add richness to the dish, making you want to eat it again and again. The salt and pepper help bring out the flavors of the other ingredients and give the pasta a little kick.
Jamie Oliver Broccoli Pasta Recipe
- 1 bunch Broccolis (trimmed and cut into florets)
- ½ pound Pasta (I like to use orecchiette)
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic (peeled and minced)
- ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (crushed)
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Trim around the broccoli, remove the dark green, and keep them aside.
- Peel, chop the leftover stalks and throw the dry ends.
- Finely chop the broccoli stalk and garlic.
- Put the chopped garlic with a splash of olive oil and crushed chili in a large saucepan.
- Cook garlic for 8 to 10 minutes until translucent. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted water as per the packet instructions.
- Cook the florets and pasta for the last 4 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli, and save some cooking water. Toss cooked pasta and broccoli into the pan.
- Simmer the pan and then remove it from the heat.
- Season with sea salt, black pepper, and finely grated Parmesan cheese.
- Mix well, and add the saved cooking water to loosen, if needed.
- Serve immediately; sprinkle finely chopped parsley leaves.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What can you add to pasta when there’s nothing?
The combination of pasta with a good tin of anchovies and plenty of olive oil with breadcrumbs is famous. You can also add spoons of tomato paste simmered with water to make a sauce.
What is the secret to good pasta?
It is recommended to bring water to a boil before adding pasta to it. Else the exterior of the pasta will turn mushy before the center softens. Once boiling, add plenty of salt to the water not only to add flavor, but also to shorten the cooking time.
Can I add butter to pasta?
Adding butter will give you a thick and velvety sauce, which you might miss with olive oil. Olive oil is not enough to showcase bright tomato flavors.
What more can you add to pasta to make it more flavorful?
You can add butternut, zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, and onion. You can add homemade cheese sauce from milk or cream, grated cheese, flour or cornstarch, and salt and pepper.
Jamie Oliver broccoli pasta is a must-try for anyone who loves pasta. The unique combination of flavors will leave you wanting more and more.
Be sure to use quality ingredients to get the best results. You can easily tailor this dish to your liking by adding more or fewer ingredients. Get creative and enjoy!