Jamie Oliver Bolognese’s recipe is a classic example of his cooking style. It is a simple dish made with ground beef, tomatoes, and onions, but the flavor is complex and deeply satisfying.
To make, brown the beef and sauté the veggies in a saucepan. Then, add in the tomatoes and cook for about 15 minutes.
Once the tomato sauce is cooked, add cooked spaghetti. Season it with herbs and spices of your choice. Give it a good stir and serve with grated cheese.
You can change Jamie Oliver’s Bolognese recipe to your taste. One way is to swap out ground beef for another type of meat, such as lamb or turkey.
Try adding vegetables, such as mushrooms or zucchini. Try adding some red pepper flakes if you want to spice it up. And if you want to look for a heartier dish, you can add some extra tomato paste or crushed tomatoes.
So, whether you’re a Bolognese beginner or a seasoned pro, there’s something for everyone! This guide will show you how to make Jamie Oliver’s Bolognese recipe. Make your favorite from the list of Jamie Oliver recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Jamie Oliver Recipes That You Can Try
- Jamie Oliver Paella
- Jamie Oliver Blackened Chicken With Quinoa Salad
- Jamie Oliver Crackin’ Crab Briks
- Jamie Oliver Pesto Pasta With Chicken
- Jamie Oliver French Onion Soup
- Jamie Oliver Roast Chicken
- Jamie Oliver Fish Pie
- Jamie Oliver Mushroom Risotto
- Jamie Oliver Beef Bourguignon Recipe
- Jamie Oliver Shepherd’s Pie
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Bolognese?
- Casserole Pan – Cook the minced beef and chopped veggies in a casserole pan until they are brown and aromatic.
- Pot – Cook the spaghetti in boiling water as per the packet instructions in the pot.
- Food Processor – Blitz tomatoes into a food processor to a paste to make Bolognese sauce.
- Knife – Slice the veggies of your choice into chunks with the help of a sharp knife.
- Chopping Board – Chop the veggies on a chopping board for fine cutting.
- Spatula – Toss the cooked beef with cooked spaghetti with a spatula until well combined and coated.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Bolognese?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||30 Minutes||45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Bolognese?
- Bacon – Bacon will add a scrumptious taste with an umami flavor.
- Beef – Mince and cook the meat in a pan until it turns brown for a flavorful and juicy bite.
- Spaghetti – You can use any type of pasta for this dish, but I recommend using something like spaghetti as it has more surface area than any other strand pasta, so you get more sauce in each bite.
- Parmesan Cheese – Grate parmesan cheese before serving to add a gritty texture with a nutty taste.
- Tomatoes – Pour tomato puree into a pan to balance the sauce’s sweetness.
- Plum Tomatoes – Plum tomatoes will add a tangy flavor that adds an interesting twist to the dish.
- Onion – Dice the onion and cook it in a pan to add sweetness to the Bolognese.
- Red Wine – Red wine will work extremely well to add richness to Bolognese sauce.
- Olive Oil – Sauté the veggies in olive oil until softened.
- Garlic – Mince garlic cloves to add a more distinct flavor.
- Rosemary – Rosemary will add minty and peppery flavor when added to the sauce.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Bolognese
1. Start With Basics
Start peeling and chopping the garlic and onions. Finely chop rosemary, and then slice the bacon.
Add a splash of olive oil to medium heat in a casserole pan. Once heated, add sliced bacon, chopped rosemary, garlic and onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
Cook the spaghetti in boiling water as per the packet instructions in the pot.
2. Let’s Cook Bolognese Sauce
Now add the minced beef and crumble it with a spoon. Cook for 5 minutes until it starts to brown. Pour the wine into the pan. Simmer until you see bubbles.
Meanwhile, blitz tomatoes into a food processor to a paste and then add to the pan. Stir well and break the plum tomatoes in the meantime.
Add plum tomatoes, cover it with the lid, and cook it for 30 minutes. If the dish looks a little dry, add a spoonful of water.
3. Serving It With Cheese
Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain the spaghetti and reserve a tablespoon of the cooking water. Transfer the spaghetti to the pan with a few spoons of Bolognese sauce.
Now grate Parmesan cheese and drizzle olive oil over the casserole. Toss to coat the spaghetti. Serve with a good spoonful of Bolognese sauce with a fine grating of Parmesan.
|Saturated Fat||5.7 g|
How Will Jamie Oliver Bolognese Look And Taste Like?
Jamie Oliver Bolognese is packed full of flavor and is sure to become a family favorite. Jamie Oliver Bolognese is made with beef, pancetta, red wine, tomatoes and a host of aromatic herbs.
The meat is cooked slowly until it melts in your mouth tender, and the sauce is rich and full-bodied.
Jamie Oliver Bolognese Recipe
- Casserole Pan
- Food Processor
- Chopping Board
- 6 Bacon
- 500 g Beef (minced)
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 200 ml Red Wine
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 500 g dried Spaghetti
- 800 g Plum Tomatoes
- 280 g Tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- Start peeling and chopping the garlic and onions. Finely chop rosemary, and then slice the bacon.
- Add olive oil to medium heat in a casserole pan. Once heated, add sliced bacon, chopped rosemary, garlic and onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling water as per the packet instructions in the pot.
- Add the minced beef and crumble it with a spoon.
- Cook for 5 minutes until it starts to brown. Pour the wine into the pan. Simmer until you see bubbles.
- Blitz tomatoes into a food processor to a paste and then add to the pan.
- Stir well and break the plum tomatoes in the meantime.
- Add it to the pan, cover it with the lid, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain the spaghetti and reserve a tablespoon of cooking water.
- Transfer the spaghetti to the pan with spoons of Bolognese sauce.
- Now grate Parmesan cheese and drizzle olive oil over the casserole. Toss to coat the spaghetti.
- Serve with a good spoonful of Bolognese sauce with a fine grating of Parmesan.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Jamie Oliver Bolognese?
Jamie Oliver Bolognese is a dish made with beef, pancetta, red wine, tomatoes and a host of aromatic herbs. The meat is cooked slowly until it melts in your mouth tender, and the sauce is rich and full-bodied.
How do you make Jamie Oliver Bolognese?
The first step is to cook the pancetta in a large frying pan over medium heat until crisp. Then, add the beef and cook until browned all over. Once the meat is cooked, add the wine, tomatoes and herbs and simmer for 30 minutes.
What should you serve with Jamie Oliver Bolognese?
There are many different options for sides with Jamie Oliver Bolognese. Some popular choices include mashed potatoes, pasta, rice or polenta.
Can you freeze Jamie Oliver Bolognese?
Yes, you can freeze Jamie Oliver Bolognese. Place it in an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Jamie Oliver Bolognese is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that can be customized to suit your taste. By following the tips in this article, you can create a hearty and flavorful Bolognese that will please everyone at the table.