Jamie Oliver Steak Marinade is a signature dish with soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, and black pepper. Jamie Oliver is a world-renowned chef, restaurateur, and food writer.
To make the marinade, combine all ingredients and steak in a sealed bag and shake until well combined. Then, refrigerate your steak for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
When you’re ready to cook, heat your skillet and cook the marinated steak for about 4-5 minutes per side or until the steak is done.
When it comes to steak, there are a few things you can do to make it delicious. You can grill it, fry it, or bake it. But my favorite way to prepare steak is by frying it.
And the best thing about preparing the steak at home is that you can make the marinade of your choice of ingredients for an extra kick.
This way, you can ensure the ingredients are all-natural and organic and customize the flavor to your liking.
This guide will show you how to make Jamie Oliver steak marinade. With a few ingredients, you can create a delicious, flavorful steak marinade that will make your steak taste even better. Make your favorite from the list of Jamie Oliver recipes.
Other Jamie Oliver Recipes That You Can Try
- Jamie Oliver Paella
- Jamie Oliver Blackened Chicken With Quinoa Salad
- Jamie Oliver Crackin’ Crab Briks
- Jamie Oliver Pesto Pasta With Chicken
- Jamie Oliver French Onion Soup
- Jamie Oliver Roast Chicken
- Jamie Oliver Fish Pie
- Jamie Oliver Mushroom Risotto
- Jamie Oliver Beef Bourguignon Recipe
- Jamie Oliver Shepherd’s Pie
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Steak Marinade?
- Skillet – Cook both sides of the marinated steak on the skillet until it is done.
- Knife – Finely chop rosemary sprigs and scrape off any visible fat from the steak.
- Ziploc Bag – Place your steaks in a Ziploc bag, and pour the marinade mixture over them.
- Paper Towel – Pat dry the steak with a paper towel to remove excess fat before cooking.
- Spatula – Cook the steak for minutes per side with a spatula, or longer if you like it more well done.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Steak Marinade?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Resting Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||15 Minutes||8 Hours||8 Hours 25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Steak Marinade?
- Steak – Marinade steak in the mixture to get the juicy and salty steak.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Worcestershire sauce will add a powerful umami flavor to the steak.
- Balsamic Vinegar – Add spoons of balsamic vinegar to the marinade mixture to tenderize the steak, making it softer. It will also add sweetness, substituting the need for any sugar.
- Olive Oil – Pour oil into the bag to help distribute seasonings evenly when mixing the marinade with the steak. Additionally, cook the marinated steak in olive oil until done.
- Rosemary – Add chopped rosemary sprigs to the marinade mixture for a lemony pine-like flavor.
- Dijon Mustard – Dijon mustard will add a tangy, sharp, and strong flavor with a bit of spice to the steak.
- Salt – Add salt to the marinade mixture to enhance its flavor instead of making it salty.
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper – Add a pinch of black pepper to get a spicy flavor that pairs well with steak.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Steak Marinade
1. The Basics
Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chopped rosemary, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
Place your steaks in a large Ziploc bag, pour the marinade over them, and shake well.
Make sure the steaks are well coated. Refrigerate the steak overnight. You can also refrigerate it for 30 minutes to 2 hours. But I preferred to refrigerate overnight.
2. The Ending
Take your steak out of the fridge in the morning and let it come to room temperature. It will help it cook evenly.
Cut any visible fat off the steak. Fat gives flavor, but you don’t want it to overpower the marinade taste and pat dry with a paper towel.
Preheat your cast iron skillet to high heat. Cook the steak for 2-3 minutes per side, or longer if you like it more well done.
Remove from heat and let it rest for a few minutes before cutting. It will allow the juices to redistribute, so they only run out when you cut into the steak.
Serve with your favorite sides, and enjoy!
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
How Will Jamie Oliver Steak Marinade Look And Taste Like?
Jamie Oliver steak marinade is a great way to add flavor to your steak without overpowering it. The vinegar’s acidity helps break down the tough fibers in the meat, while the herbs and spices give it a nice flavor.
His steak marinade is no exception, and it is a delicious and flavorful one that will make your steak taste even better. The marinade helps to tenderize the meat and gives it a nice flavor.
Jamie Oliver Steak Marinade Recipe
- Ziploc Bag
- Paper Towel
- 680 grams Steak
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, chopped rosemary, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Place your steaks in a Ziploc bag, pour the marinade mixture and shake well.
- Refrigerate the steak and marinate overnight.
- Take your steak out of the fridge in the morning and let it come to room temperature.
- Cut any visible fat off the steak and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat your cast iron skillet to high heat. Cook the steak for 2-3 minutes per side, or longer if you like it more well done.
- Remove the steak from the heat and let it rest for 3-5 minutes before cutting into it.
- Serve with your favorite sides, and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I marinate the steak for longer than 24 hours?
Yes, you can marinate the steak for up to 48 hours.
Should I marinate the steak in the fridge or freezer?
Marinate the steak in the fridge for the best results.
How long should I cook the steak?
Cook the steak for 3-4 minutes per side for rare, 5-6 minutes per side for medium rare, 7-8 minutes per side for medium, 9-10 minutes per side for medium well, and 11-12 minutes per side for well done.
What should I serve with Jamie Oliver steak marinade?
Serve the steak with a green salad, roasted potatoes, and your favorite steamed vegetables.
Jamie Oliver steak marinade is a unique way to add flavor to your steak. The recipe is simple and can be used with various types of meat. If you’re looking for a way to enhance your steak’s flavor, give this marinade a try.