Paula Deen’s taco soup is one of the most delectable Mexican soups. It is filled with rich, creamy, and flavorful elements. If you are wondering who is Paula Deen? Let me tell you she is one of the renowned chefs and a great author. Her taco soup is one of the recipes you would not want to miss! Incorporate Paula Deen’s magical flavors right in your kitchen with us.
Paula Ann Hiers Deen, commonly known as Paula Deen, is an American TV personality and a host of cooking shows. She has her own restaurant, the Lady and Sons Restaurant in Savannah, Georgia. Paula Deen is also the author of 15 cookbooks.
To make Paula Deen’s taco soup, cook onions and beef in a large skillet. Cook until brown. Add beans, corn, green onions, tomatoes, chilies, olives, and seasoning to the cooker and cook for about 7 hours. In a bowl, add corn chips and pour the soup over them. Top with cheese, sour cream, and jalapenos. The soup will be ready in a flick!
Don’t have pinto beans? Here is a list of pinto beans substitutes that you can use. This was a snippet of the recipe of detailed recipe. Let’s now see the list of ingredients that you’ll be needing. But before going to the complete recipe, check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Paula Deen’s Pumpkin Pie– We all know pumpkin pie but Paula Deen’s pumpkin pie is different. It is delicious with cream cheese and whipped cream, making it all the more tempting. It might be more delicious but it is still easy to make.
2. Bobby Flay’s Pizza Dough– The recipe is from a very famous chef named Bobby Flay. Bobby Flay is an American celebrity chef and a renowned television personality. He is the owner of many restaurants and has written many cookbooks as well.
3. Paula Deen’s Pot Roast– Pot roast is a great dish to make for a hearty lunch. It is fairly a simple recipe too. The magic happens when the seasoning meets the roast. One of such best recipes is Paula Deen’s pot roast recipe.
4. Alton Brown’s Gold Cake– Alton Brown’s gold cake is a delicious and fluffy vanilla cake that is just supreme. It doesn’t require fancy ingredients, but the ones needed for a regular cake. It has a rich yellowish golden color. You can make it in less than an hour.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Taco Soup?
- Large Skillet – Saute the onions and beef using a large skillet.
- Stockpot – Take a cooker or a stockpot for making the soup. Merge all the elements in a stockpot and the soup will be ready in just 40 minutes.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Taco Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||50 Minutes||1 Hour|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Taco Soup?
- Ranch Salad Dressing – A tablespoon of ranch salad dressing will bring out umami flavors.
- Taco Seasoning – Taco seasoning adds a spicy and herbal blend of flavors. With 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning, you can bring out some Mexican flavors to the taco soup.
- Green Olives – For spicy sharpness, add green olives.
- Black Olives – Black olives add mild and slightly salty flavors.
- Tomatoes With Chilis – Add half a cup of tomatoes with chilies.
- Tomatoes – Regular diced tomatoes will also add some tartness.
- Mexican Tomatoes – For extra citrusy and tangy sharpness add half a cup of Mexican tomatoes as well.
- Whole Kernel Corn – Corn is well paired with the veggies and tastes delicious.
- Kidney Beans – Add canned kidney beans along with the juice to the soup. The soup will be enriched with nutrients by adding kidney beans.
- Pinto Beans – Pinto beans will bring out an earthy and nutty blend of flavor.
- Onions – For a savory blend to the soup add some chopped and sauteed onions to the soups.
- Ground Beef – Take half a pound of ground beef, saute, and add it to the soup.
- Jalapenos – Top up the taco soup with sliced jalapenos.
- Green Onions – Add some green onions to the soup while simmering.
- Cheese – Grate some cheddar cheese for the extra cheesy blend to the soup.
- Sour Cream – Garnish the soup with a dollop of sour cream on the top. It will enhance the flavors.
- Tortilla Chips – Serve the soup with crushed crispy tortilla chips.
Steps To Make Paula Deen’s Taco Soup
1. Prep Step
Take a skillet, and add olive oil, onions, and ground beef. Combine everything nicely until the beef is cooked through. Meanwhile, chop the veggies and gather all the pantry staples on the table.
2. Soup In Making
Transfer the sauteed beef and onions to the stockpot and begin to put together the soup elements. Add kidney beans with the juice, canned pinto beans, and three different tomatoes. Mexican tomatoes, regular diced tomatoes, and tomatoes with chilies. Dump in all the tomatoes and stir in nicely. Moving forward, add corn, green chilies, black olives, green olives, taco seasoning, and dried ranch salad dressing. Finally, add half a cup of water and green onions. Simmer everything for about 40 minutes until cooked through.
Add tortilla chips to the bowl and pour the cooked soup on top. Garnish it with some grated cheddar cheese, jalapenos, and sour cream. Serve and enjoy!
How Will Paula Deen’s Taco Soup Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen’s taco soup has a blend of Mexican flavors which tastes delightful. The elements added to the soup will thicken the consistency of the soup and brings out rich and umami flavors. On top of that, the tortilla chips add the crunch and the cheese brings out a cheesy savor. All in all, the soup satiates your hunger and serves the purpose of a full-fledged meal.
Paula Deen’s Taco Soup Recipe
- Large Skillet
- 1 pack Ranch Salad Dressing
- 1 pack Taco Seasoning
- ½ cup Green Olives (sliced)
- 1 can Black Olives (sliced)
- 1 can Tomatoes with Chilies
- 1 can Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 can Mexican Tomatoes
- 1 Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 can Pink Kidney Beans
- 1 can Pinto Beans
- 1 can Onions (diced)
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 3 Jalapenos
- 2 Green Onions (chopped)
- 1 cup Cheese (grated)
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Tortila Chips
- In a large skillet, add onions, ground beef and cook until it turns brown.
- When the mixture turns brown, remove the excess fat and transfer it to a large cooker.
- Then, in a stockpot add kidney beans with the juice, canned pinto beans, and three different tomatoes.
- Mexican tomatoes, regular diced tomatoes, and tomatoes with chilies. Dump in all the tomatoes and stir in nicely.
- Moving forward, add corn, green chilies, black olives, green olives, taco seasoning, and dried ranch salad dressing. Finally, add half a cup of water and green onions.
- Simmer everything for about 1 hour and the soup will be ready.
- After the cooking time finishes, place corn chips in the serving bowl and add soup over the chips with sour cream, cheese, and jalapenos on the top.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I thicken my taco soup?
To thicken the consistency of the taco soup, add tomato paste and less water.
How long is taco soup good for in the fridge?
Taco soup can last for up to 2 days in the fridge.
Can I add flour to thicken the soup?
Yes, you can add cornflour to thicken the soup. Stir in a teaspoon of cornflour mixed with water to achieve the smooth and thick texture of the soup.
Does simmering soup longer make it taste better?
Simmering the soup for longer will thicken the consistency and reduce the liquid content. So, it is better to simmer the soup for an estimated required time.
I hope you liked this quick and easy recipe. Just combine the elements, simmer, and a knockoff taco soup will be ready. Refer to the above article for the details and let us know how it goes in the comment section below.