Chilly winters and spicy hot soup make a day worth enjoying! Let me give you another recipe to save in your mind – the Paula Deen taco soup recipe. It’s a gateway to flavor-filled soup with taco seasoning in an hour. Watch how!
To make Paula Deen’s taco soup, cook onions and beef in a large skillet. After cooking ground beef with onions, toss the ingredients in the stockpot and simmer on low heat with cooked beef for one hour.
The chef suggested later topping the soup with sour cream, cheese, and jalapeno. While making taco soup, always use ground beef, so you don’t end up eating big chunks in the soup.
Moreover, if you are a spice-lover, add jalapenos for more heat. Cooking soup might be an intimidating task. I agree! But therefore, I am here to sort out problems for you.
You only need the ingredients below-mentioned ingredients and follow the recipe steps. It’s one of those recipes everyone finds easy!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Taco Soup?
- Large Skillet – Saute the onions and beef using a large skillet.
- Stockpot – Take a cooker or a stockpot for making the soup. Merge all the elements in a stockpot and the soup will be ready in just 40 minutes.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Taco Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||50 Minutes||1 Hour|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen’s Taco Soup?
- Ranch Salad Dressing – A tablespoon of ranch salad dressing will bring out umami flavors.
- Taco Seasoning – Taco seasoning adds a spicy and herbal blend of flavors. With 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning, you can bring out some Mexican flavors to the taco soup.
- Green Olives – For spicy sharpness, add green olives.
- Black Olives – Black olives add mild and slightly salty flavors.
- Tomatoes With Chilis – Add half a cup of tomatoes with chilies.
- Tomatoes – Regular diced tomatoes will also add some tartness.
- Mexican Tomatoes – For extra citrusy and tangy sharpness add half a cup of Mexican tomatoes as well.
- Whole Kernel Corn – Corn is well paired with the veggies and tastes delicious.
- Kidney Beans – Add canned kidney beans along with the juice to the soup. The soup will be enriched with nutrients by adding kidney beans.
- Pinto Beans – Pinto beans will bring out an earthy and nutty blend of flavor.
- Onions – For a savory blend to the soup add some chopped and sauteed onions to the soups.
- Ground Beef – Take half a pound of ground beef, saute, and add it to the soup.
- Jalapenos – Top up the taco soup with sliced jalapenos.
- Green Onions – Add some green onions to the soup while simmering.
- Cheese – Grate some cheddar cheese for the extra cheesy blend to the soup.
- Sour Cream – Garnish the soup with a dollop of sour cream on the top. It will enhance the flavors.
- Tortilla Chips – Serve the soup with crushed crispy tortilla chips.
Steps To Make Paula Deen’s Taco Soup
1. Prep Step
Take a skillet, and add olive oil, onions, and ground beef. Combine everything nicely until the beef is cooked through. Meanwhile, chop the veggies and gather all the pantry staples on the table.
2. Soup In Making
Transfer the sauteed beef and onions to the stockpot and begin to put together the soup elements. Add kidney beans with the juice, canned pinto beans, and three different tomatoes. Mexican tomatoes, regular diced tomatoes, and tomatoes with chilies.
Dump in all the tomatoes and stir in nicely. Moving forward, add corn, green chilies, black olives, green olives, taco seasoning, and dried ranch salad dressing.
Finally, add half a cup of water and green onions. Simmer everything for about 40 minutes until cooked through.
Add tortilla chips to the bowl and pour the cooked soup on top. Garnish it with some grated cheddar cheese, jalapenos, and sour cream. Serve and enjoy!
How Will Paula Deen’s Taco Soup Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen’s taco soup has a blend of Mexican flavors which tastes delightful. The elements added to the soup will thicken the consistency of the soup and brings out rich and umami flavors. On top of that, the tortilla chips add the crunch and the cheese brings out a cheesy savor. All in all, the soup satiates your hunger and serves the purpose of a full-fledged meal.
Paula Deen’s Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 pack Ranch Salad Dressing
- 1 pack Taco Seasoning
- ½ cup Green Olives (sliced)
- 1 can Black Olives (sliced)
- 1 can Tomatoes with Chilies
- 1 can Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 can Mexican Tomatoes
- 1 Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 can Pink Kidney Beans
- 1 can Pinto Beans
- 1 can Onions (diced)
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 3 Jalapenos
- 2 Green Onions (chopped)
- 1 cup Cheese (grated)
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Tortila Chips
- In a large skillet, add onions, ground beef and cook until it turns brown.
- When the mixture turns brown, remove the excess fat and transfer it to a large cooker.
- Then, in a stockpot add kidney beans with the juice, canned pinto beans, and three different tomatoes.
- Mexican tomatoes, regular diced tomatoes, and tomatoes with chilies. Dump in all the tomatoes and stir in nicely.
- Moving forward, add corn, green chilies, black olives, green olives, taco seasoning, and dried ranch salad dressing. Finally, add half a cup of water and green onions.
- Simmer everything for about 1 hour and the soup will be ready.
- After the cooking time finishes, place corn chips in the serving bowl and add soup over the chips with sour cream, cheese, and jalapenos on the top.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I thicken my taco soup?
To thicken the consistency of the taco soup, add tomato paste and less water.
How long is taco soup good for in the fridge?
Taco soup can last for up to 2 days in the fridge.
Can I add flour to thicken the soup?
Yes, you can add cornflour to thicken the soup. Stir in a teaspoon of cornflour mixed with water to achieve the smooth and thick texture of the soup.
Does simmering soup longer make it taste better?
Simmering the soup for longer will thicken the consistency and reduce the liquid content. So, it is better to simmer the soup for an estimated required time.
I hope you liked this quick and easy recipe. Just combine the elements, simmer, and a knockoff taco soup will be ready. Refer to the above article for the details and let us know how it goes in the comment section below.