Do you know, soups are classified into two groups; clear and thick soups. From the clear category, my favorite soup is the taco soup. Not any other taco soup, Taco Soup from my favorite chef- Paula Deen.
Paula Ann Hiers Deen, commonly known as Paula Deen, is an American TV personality and a host of cooking shows. She has her own restaurant, the Lady and Sons Restaurant in Savannah, Georgia. Paula Deen is also the author of 15 cookbooks. I learned this Paula Deen Taco Soup recipe from a video that I have added at the end of this recipe as well.
To make Paula Deen’s taco soup, cook onions and beef in a large skillet. Cook until brown. Add beans, corn, green onions, tomatoes, chilies, olives, and seasoning in the cooker and cook for about 7 hours. In a bowl, add corn chips and pour the soup over it. Top with cheese, sour cream and jalapenos.
This was a snippet of the recipe of the detailed recipe. Let’s now see the list of ingredients that you’ll be needing. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Paula Deen’s Pumpkin Pie– We all know pumpkin pie but Paula Deen’s pumpkin pie is different. It is delicious with cream cheese and whipped cream, making it all the more tempting. It might be more delicious but it is still easy to make.
2. Bobby Flay’s Pizza Dough– The recipe is from a very famous chef named Bobby Flay. Bobby Flay is an American celebrity chef and a renowned television personality. He is the owner of many restaurants and has written many cookbooks as well.
3. Paula Deen’s Pot Roast– Pot roast is a great dish to make for a hearty lunch. It is fairly a simple recipe too. The magic happens when the seasoning meets the roast. One of such best recipes is Paula Deen’s pot roast recipe.
4. Alton Brown’s Gold Cake– Alton Brown’s gold cake is a delicious and fluffy vanilla cake that is just supreme. It doesn’t require fancy ingredients, but the ones needed for a regular cake. It has a rich yellowish golden color. You can make it in less than an hour.
Paula Deen’s Taco Soup Recipe
- Large Skillet
- 1 pack Ranch Salad Dressing
- 1 pack Taco Seasoning
- ½ cup Green Olives (sliced)
- 1 can Black Olives (sliced)
- 1 can Tomatoes with Chilies
- 1 can Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 can Mexican Tomatoes
- 1 Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 can Pink Kidney Beans
- 1 can Pinto Beans
- 1 can Onions (diced)
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 3 Jalapenos
- 2 Green Onions (chopped)
- 1 cup Cheese (grated)
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Corn Chips
- In a large skillet, add onions, ground beef and cook until it turns brown.
- When the mixture turns brown, remove the excess fat and transfer it to a large cooker.
- In the cooker, add beans, corn, green onions, tomatoes, chilies, olives, and seasoning.
- Cook the whole mixture for 7 hours over low heat.
- After the cooking time finishes, place corn chips in the serving bowl and add soup over the chips with sour cream, cheese, and jalapenos.