Looking for the easiest way to jazz up potatoes, Gordon Ramsay’s potatoes boulangere is the right answer to your quest. It’s light and a healthy French dish made in Gordon Ramsay’s style. You might already know this recipe if you’ve watched him making this dish in the F word. You too can make it at home. Read this entire article to learn about this recipe.
Gordon Ramsay’s potatoes boulangere is made with crispy layers of potatoes and onions seasoned with spices. It is tender on the inside loaded with the flavors of garlic, thyme, and rosemary. The chicken stock braises the potatoes and makes them juicy. It’s an easy side dish to enjoy with roasted chicken or beef. Now, read the instructions for the recipe.
For Gordon Ramsay’s potatoes boulangere, boil chicken stock, rosemary, thyme, and crushed garlic in a pan until it thickens. Cook onion and garlic in another pan until they’re lightly colored. Lay potatoes and onions layer-by-layer inside a casserole dish and season each layer. Add prepared chicken stock to a casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes.
This was just a brief of this recipe. To have the entire instructions, read the entire recipe card below. Also, rate this recipe if you like it and save it for later.
Gordon Ramsay’s Potatoes Boulangere Recipe
- Oven-safe Pan
- 4 Large Potatoes (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 2 Large Onions
- 2 Garlic Cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 2 Springs Rosemary
- 1 Spring Thyme
- 33 ounce Chicken Stock
- Olive oil (extra virgin)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Add chicken stock, rosemary, thyme, and crushed garlic cloves to a pan. Bring them to boil in a preheated oven (400 F). Simmer for a few minutes and strain.
- To a heavy pan, add oil, onion, and garlic (chopped). Cook until they’re lightly colored. Lay potatoes and onions layer by layer inside the casserole dish or any oven-safe pan. Season each layer with salt and pepper.
- Add the prepared chicken stock to the pan and fill ⅔ rd of the pan. Drizzle olive oil on top and bake in the oven for around 25 minutes until they’re soft and golden brown.