Looking for the easiest way to jazz up potatoes, Gordon Ramsay’s potatoes boulangère is the right answer to your quest. It’s light and a healthy French dish made in Gordon Ramsay’s style.
You might already know this recipe if you’ve watched him making this dish in a programme F word. Read this entire article to make this at home.
Gordon Ramsay’s potatoes boulangère is made with crispy layers of potatoes and onions seasoned with spices. It is tender on the inside and loaded with the flavors of garlic, thyme, and rosemary.
The chicken stock braises the potatoes and makes them juicy. It’s an easy side dish to enjoy with roasted chicken or beef.
For Gordon Ramsay’s potatoes boulangère, simmer chicken stock, rosemary, and crushed garlic in a pan until it thickens.
Cook onion and garlic in another pan until they’re lightly colored. Lay potatoes and onions layer-by-layer inside a casserole dish and season each layer. Add prepared chicken stock to a casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes.
This was just a brief of this recipe. Find out the list of required equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions in the article below. Before you proceed with the recipe, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Marquise
- Gordon Ramsay Sea Bass Pepper Sauce
- Gordon Ramsay Mutton Stew
- Gordon Ramsay Macaroni Cheese And Cauliflower Bake
- Gordon Ramsay Bacon Jam Toast
- Gordon Ramsay Avocado Toast
- Gordon Ramsay Steak Sandwich
- Gordon Ramsay Omelette
- Gordon Ramsay Beer Bread
- Gordon Ramsay French Toast
What Is Potato Boulangere?
Potato boulangère is a classic French recipe of baking potatoes in a casserole dish. Thinly sliced potatoes layered with onions make a perfect potato boulangère. This easy potato boulangère recipe can be served as a side dish on every occasion.
What Is Special About Gordon Ramsay Potato Boulangere?
Gordon Ramsay prepares the potato boulangere in no time with just a few staple ingredients. The best part about Gordon Ramsay’s potato boulangere is that it is a family-friendly recipe. It is also ideal for budgeting and can be left in the fridge for later use.
Above that, it is one of the healthy vegan and gluten-free dishes. With no special equipment, the potato boulangere comes together perfectly.
What Are The Important Tips For Making Gordon Ramsay Potato Boulangere?
- Gordon Ramsay uses a Mandolin slicer to get uniformly thin slices of potatoes. But he used a knife to chop the onions. You can use a slicer or knife anything.
- Gordon Ramsay adds chicken stock to potato boulangère for more pronounced flavors. You can also add the vegetable stock to the recipe.
- Coat the casserole dish with a splash of oil evenly. Then, layer the onions followed by the potatoes. Make sure you season each layer with the seasoning.
- Press down the mixture with a spatula to help the potatoes absorb the stock.
- Drizzling a few drops on top of the potatoes will bring out a crispy and brown texture.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Potatoes Boulangere?
- Saucepan – Sauté the onions using a saucepan.
- Oven-safe Pan – Prepare the potatoes boulangère in an oven-safe pan.
- Spoon – Stir in the herbs in the stock with a help of a spoon.
- Knife – Slice the potatoes with a knife.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Potatoes Boulangere?
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Potatoes Boulangere?
- Potatoes – Add thinly sliced round-shaped potatoes for making potatoes boulangère.
- Onions – Thinly sliced onions will bring out a savory blend to the potatoes boulangère.
- Olive Oil – Sauté the veggies in olive oil. Moreover, adding olive oil will keep the veggies moist and tender.
- Garlic – Piquant sharpness can be added with a teaspoon of minced garlic.
- Rosemary – Add half a teaspoon of rosemary to the chicken stock to bring out some minty and fragrant flavors to the potatoes boulangère.
- Chicken Stock – We have used chicken stock to make potatoes boulangère. However, you can surely substitute it with vegetable stock.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the potatoes with a pinch of black pepper.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Potatoes Boulangere
1. Initial Step
Take a saucepan to simmer the chicken stock and herbs and spices. Add a teaspoon of rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Simmer until it is thickened.
Meanwhile, slice the potatoes and onions. Saute the onions in a skillet until translucent.
Take the oven-safe pan for preparing the potato boulangere. Grease the pan with a teaspoon of olive oil. Layer the pan with sliced potatoes, followed by sauteed onions and some more potatoes on top.
Drizzle some more olive oil on the top and garnish it with fresh rosemary and thyme. Finally, pour the chicken stock and pat it down so that the potatoes can absorb the stock nicely. Season each layer with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
3. Baked Goodness
Place the oven-safe pan in the oven and microwave for 25 minutes until soft and golden on the top. If you to make the potatoes boulangere cheesy, you can add some shredded cheese of your choice. Remove the pan when the boulangere is baked to perfection. Serve and enjoy!
Are Boulangere Potatoes Healthy?
Potato boulangere is a delightful and healthy potato side dish. The potato boulangere is prepared with thinly sliced potatoes, onions and garlic that is cooked with vegetable stock.
You can make the recipe healthier by adding veggies and less cream or cheese.
Can You Freeze Boulangere Potatoes?
Yes, it is perfectly fine to freeze the cooked potato boulangere and keep it for later use. You can reheat the frozen potatoes for up to 2 days.
However, it is important that I mention the potatoes become grainy in texture after they have been in the freezer for longer. They simply break down during the freezing process.
The best way to enjoy potato boulangere is to have it warm and fresh.
How Will Gordon Ramsay Potatoes Boulangere Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay’s potatoes boulangère look appetizing with creamy and juicy goodness. The flavors of herbs and spices are well-infused in the pan. The potatoes are baked to perfection with a crispy skin on the outside and tender on the inside. All in all, the potato boulangère will satiate your taste buds and fill up your stomach.
What Is The Difference Between Dauphinoise And Boulangere Potatoes?
Both potato dauphinoise and boulangère potatoes comprise thin layers of potatoes baked in the oven. However, the dauphinoise is cooked with milk and cream. Whereas the boulangère potatoes are cooked with vegetable or chicken stock.
Gordon Ramsay Potatoes Boulangere Recipe
- Oven-safe Pan
- 4 Large Potatoes (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 2 Large Onions
- 3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 2 Springs Rosemary
- 33 ounce Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 teaspoon Salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Pepper (to taste)
- To a heavy pan, add oil, onion, and garlic (chopped). Cook until they’re lightly colored.
- Once you see the color changing, add half a cup of chicken stock. Simmer the mixture for about 5-10 minutes until it is thickened.
- Now thinly slice your potatoes and keep them in a seperate bowl.
- Grease the oven-proof pan with a splash of olive oil. Pour the cooked mixture into the oven-proof pan.
- Place thinly sliced potatoes on top of the mixture and put it in the preheated oven.
- Bake the potato boulangère for around 20 minutes.
- Your authentic Gordon Ramsay Potatoes Boulangere is ready to serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Gordon Ramsay’s most famous recipe?
Gordon Ramsay’s most famous recipe is beef wellington. It is the signature dish of Gordon Ramsay.
What are Gordon Ramsay’s potatoes boulangere made of?
Gordon Ramsay’s potatoes boulangere is prepared with potatoes, onion, chicken stock, thyme, rosemary, olive oil, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
What is Gordon Ramsay’s most expensive dish?
Gordon Ramsay’s most expensive dish is a pizza beast of a pie that is topped with a mountain of North Sea lobster.
Do diners on Hell’s kitchen pay?
Diners on Hell’s kitchen don’t have to actually pay.
So, don’t wait anymore and get ready to prepare Gordon Ramsay’s potato boulangere right in your kitchen. Refer to the above article for tips and tricks. Don’t forget to share your cooking experience with us in the comment section below.