Looking for the easiest way to jazz up potatoes, Gordon Ramsay’s potatoes boulangere is the right answer to your quest. It’s light and a healthy French dish made in Gordon Ramsay’s style. You might already know this recipe if you’ve watched him making this dish in a programme F word. Read this entire article to make this at home.
Gordon Ramsay’s potatoes boulangere is made with crispy layers of potatoes and onions seasoned with spices. It is tender on the inside and loaded with the flavors of garlic, thyme, and rosemary. The chicken stock braises the potatoes and makes them juicy. It’s an easy side dish to enjoy with roasted chicken or beef.
For Gordon Ramsay’s potatoes boulangere, simmer chicken stock, rosemary, thyme, and crushed garlic in a pan until it thickens. Cook onion and garlic in another pan until they’re lightly colored. Lay potatoes and onions layer-by-layer inside a casserole dish and season each layer. Add prepared chicken stock to a casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes.
This was just a brief of this recipe. Find out the list of required equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions in the article below. Before you proceed with the recipe, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Sea Bass Pepper Sauce – Looking for an elegantly cooked fish, check out the recipe for Gordon Ramsay’s sea bass pepper sauce.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Macaroni Cheese And Cauliflower Bake– Give your regular mac and cheese a crazy twist with cauliflower. This recipe is super easy to follow and will be a hit with the kids.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Potatoes Boulangere?
- Saucepan – Take a saucepan to simmer the chicken stock.
- Skillet – Saute the onions in a skillet.
- Oven-safe Pan – Prepare the potatoes boulangere in an oven-safe pan.
- Spoon – Stir in the herbs in the stock with a help of a spoon.
- Knife – Slice the potatoes with a knife.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Potatoes Boulangere?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||35 Minutes||45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Potatoes Boulangere?
- Potatoes – Add thinly sliced round-shaped potatoes for making potatoes boulangere.
- Onions – Thinly sliced onions will bring out a savory blend to the potatoes boulangere.
- Garlic – Piquant sharpness can be added with a teaspoon of minced garlic.
- Rosemary – Add half a teaspoon of rosemary to the chicken stock to bring out some minty and fragrant flavors to the potatoes boulangere.
- Thyme – Bring out some earthy and minty flavors by adding crushed thyme to the chicken stock. You can also add some thyme to the top of the potato boulangere to garnish.
- Chicken Stock – We have used chicken stock to make potatoes boulangere. However, you can surely substitute it with vegetable stock.
- Olive Oil – Adding olive oil will keep the veggies moist and tender.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the potatoes with a pinch of black pepper.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Potatoes Boulangere
1. Initial Step
Take a saucepan to simmer the chicken stock along with the herbs and spices. Add a teaspoon of rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Simmer until it is thickened. Meanwhile, slice the potatoes and onions. Saute the onions in a skillet until translucent.
Take the oven-safe pan for preparing the potatoes boulangere. Grease the pan with a teaspoon of olive oil. Layer the pan with sliced potatoes, followed by sauteed onions, and some more potatoes on the top. Drizzle some more olive oil on the top and garnish it with fresh rosemary and thyme. Finally pour the chicken stock and pat it down so that the potatoes can absorb the stock nicely. Season each layer with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
3. Baked Goodness
Place the oven-safe pan in the oven and microwave for 25 minutes until soft and golden on the top. If you to make the potatoes boulangere cheesy, you can add some shredded cheese of your choice. Remove the pan when the boulangere is baked to perfection. Serve and enjoy!
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Potatoes Boulangere Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay’s potatoes boulangere looks appetizing with creamy and juicy goodness. The flavors of herbs and spices are well infused in the pan. The potatoes are baked to perfection with a crispy skin on the outside and tender on the inside. All in all, the potatoes boulangere will satiate your taste buds and fill up your stomach.
Gordon Ramsay’s Potatoes Boulangere Recipe
- 4 Large Potatoes (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 2 Large Onions
- 3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 2 Springs Rosemary
- 1 Spring Thyme
- 33 ounce Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 teaspoon Salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Pepper (to taste)
- Add chicken stock, rosemary, thyme, and crushed garlic cloves to a pan. Bring them to boil in a preheated oven (400 F). Simmer for a few minutes and strain.
- To a heavy pan, add oil, onion, and garlic (chopped). Cook until they’re lightly colored. Lay potatoes and onions layer by layer inside the casserole dish or any oven-safe pan. Season each layer with salt and pepper.
- Add the prepared chicken stock to the pan and fill ⅔ rd of the pan. Drizzle olive oil on top and bake in the oven for around 35 minutes until they’re soft and golden brown.
- Remove the pan once the potatoe boulangere is cooked, garnish it with rosemary and serve!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Gordon Ramsay’s most famous recipe?
Gordon Ramsay’s most famous recipe is beef wellington. It is the signature dish of Gordon Ramsay.
What are Gordon Ramsay’s potatoes boulangere made of?
Gordon Ramsay’s potatoes boulangere is prepared with potatoes, onion, chicken stock, thyme, rosemary, olive oil, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
What is Gordon Ramsay’s most expensive dish?
Gordon Ramsay’s most expensive dish is a pizza beast of a pie that is topped with a mountain of North Sea lobster.
Do diners on Hell’s kitchen pay?
Diners on Hell’s kitchen don’t have to actually pay.
So, don’t wait anymore and get ready to prepare Gordon Ramsay’s potato boulangere right in your kitchen. Refer to the above article for tips and tricks. Don’t forget to share your cooking experience with us in the comment section below.