Every food item that one can possibly know of, Gordon Ramsay cooks it better. So, it is only natural that we check out his recipes to make the perfect dishes. One such great recipe is Gordon Ramsay’s tiramisu. This coffee-flavored Italian dessert is perfectly flavored and will leave you wanting more.
Tiramisu is a dessert made with espresso, sponge fingers, mascarpone, cream, sugar, chocolate, eggs, and marsala. But Gordon Ramsay’s Tiramisu is an eggless tiramisu.
As it is made without eggs, this is a no-cook tiramisu recipe. Just make it, freeze it, and serve it. Mix mascarpone, marsala, coffee, and vanilla extract in a bowl to make Gordon Ramsay’s tiramisu. In another bowl, whisk cream with sugar.
Then, combine the two. After that, soak the sponge fingers in the coffee. Then, take a container and layer the sponge fingers and mascarpone mixture in it. Freeze it for 20 minutes.
Garnish it with some grated chocolate and cocoa powder. Serve fresh! This is just an overview of Gordon Ramsay’s Tiramisu recipe.
The detailed list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts and instructions are mentioned below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Yorkshire Pudding
- Gordon Ramsay Half Hour Chili
- Gordon Ramsay Malaysian Curry
- Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Marquise
- Gordon Ramsay Pan Cotta
- Gordon Ramsay Cheesecake In Jar
- Gordon Ramsay Apple Galettes
- Gordon Ramsay Coconut Pancakes
- Gordon Ramsay Mince Pies
- Gordon Ramsay Lemon Tart
Why Is Tiramisu The Most Popular Dessert In Italy?
The delicate, fluffy, and decadent Tiramisu is a balance of cake and a mousse. It is prepared with ladyfingers, cream, sugar, marsala, espresso, and mascarpone cheese.
The literal meaning of Tiramisu is ‘pick me up. Italy’s version of history claims that Tiramisu was created to lift the spirits in honor of a count. Since then, it has become a popular dessert and a moral lifter.
What Is Special About This Gordon Ramsay Tiramisu?
The special thing about Gordon Ramsay’s Tiramisu is the robust presence of espresso and the nutty flavors of Marsala wine. Above that delicate layer of mascarpone cheese makes this perfect Tiramisu taste heavenly.
In addition, Gordon Ramsay prepares this wonderful dessert in less than 20 minutes. Try your hands on making this Italian delicacy. You will surely want to have it again.
My Personal Tips For Making Gordon Ramsay Tiramisu
- Do not soak the sponge fingers in the espresso. You need to dip them and let the flavors immerse.
- Whisk Mascarpone cheese to achieve the desired consistency. Moreover, if you whip up the mascarpone cheese evenly, it will result in a firm and airy texture.
- In regular Tiramisu, people also prefer adding saffron to the cream cheese mixture. It brings out the aromatic blend of flavors.
- Gordon Ramsay serves the Tiramisu in a glass, making it easy to achieve the perfect flavors of the cream mixture.
- Gordon Ramsay’s tiramisu is a no-bake recipe with no eggs added to it. So, make sure you follow the right steps.
How Do I Make My Tiramisu Cream Thicker?
To thicken the consistency of Tiramisu, you can add gelatin to the mascarpone cheese. The cheese will absorb the moisture and will result in thick consistency. However, Gordon Ramsay doesn’t add any thickening agent to Tiramisu.
He combines cream and cheese with sugar and other rich elements to prepare authentic Tiramisu.
Can You Add Egg To Tiramisu?
You can add egg whites to Tiramisu to achieve an airy texture. However, you will not find eggs in Gordon Ramsay’s version of Tiramisu. He makes it with heavy cream, mascarpone, sponge fingers, and rich spices.
Can You Use Regular Coffee For Gordon Ramsay Tiramisu?
Authentic Tiramisu is specifically prepared using espresso, not just regular coffee. Espresso brings out the desired delectable flavors in Gordon Ramsay Tiramisu.
You can use any brewed coffee if you run short of espresso. But for making Gordon Ramsay version of tiramisu, add espresso.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Tiramisu?
- Bowl – Merge all the components using a bowl.
- Whisk – Use a whisk to mix all the ingredients.
- Spatula – Fold the creamy filing with a help of spatula.
- Rectangular Container – Take a rectangular container, add the prepared tiramisu cream into it, and put it in the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Tiramisu?
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Tiramisu?
- Mascarpone Cheese – The mascarpone cheese is a rich and creamy element that enhances tiramisu flavors.
- Sponge Fingers – Place the spoon’s fingers in the container and pour the cream cheese on the top. These fingers are well suited for dipping.
- Powdered Sugar – Take some icing sugar to make tiramisu. With icing sugar there will be no lumps added.
- Single Cream – Single cream will not whip, so it is better to add 2 tablespoons of single cream.
- Vanilla Essence – Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to achieve enhanced flavors.
- Frozen Dark Chocolate Bar – Top the tiramisu with grated frozen chocolate bar to embellish the tiramisu.
- Espresso – Take chilled espresso to bring out delectable flavors.
- Marsala – Marsala is a fortified wine added to the traditional tiramisu.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Tiramisu
1. Whisk Briskly
Take a bowl, add single cream and icing sugar. Whisk it nicely for 2 minutes. In a separate bowl, add marsala, mascarpone cheese, and vanilla extract, and beat together until it is smooth.
Combine the cream and fold it with the cheese mixture. At the same time break the sponge fingers, dip them into a cold coffee, and place them in the rectangular container. Spoon the mascarpone mixture on the top and garnish it with cocoa powder and a grated chocolate bar. Put the container into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to achieve a firm texture of tiramisu.
What Is The Ideal Coffee Temperature For Tiramisu?
The hot coffee will deflate the tiramisu mixture. So, it is better to use the coffee at room temperature.
Hot coffee can also burn the sponge fingers and affect the flavors. The cold coffee or the one at room temperature will not affect Tiramisu’s taste, texture, and flavors.
We will walk you through all the steps to turn your homemade Tiramisu into the best dessert.
How Will Gordon Ramsay Tiramisu Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay tiramisu tastes delectable. It strikes a great balance between sweet and cheesy balance. With each bite of excellence, you will taste the flavors of yellow mascarpone cream and sponge fingers flavored with coffee. All in all, this traditional tiramisu by Gordon Ramsay is a must-have dessert!
How Do You Fix Soggy Tiramisu?
The Tiramisu gets soggy when you have soaked the sponge fingers into the espresso instead of dipping them. Ladyfingers might have absorbed excess liquid. Another reason for soggy Tiramisu can be the runny tiramisu mixture.
If you have made a runny tiramisu mixture, it is better to put it in the refrigerator for longer. This will help to firm up the texture of homemade Gordon Ramsay tiramisu.
Can You Refrigerate Gordon Ramsay’s Tiramisu Overnight?
It is generally suggested to let the Tiramisu sit overnight or longer if it isn’t firm. However, letting the homemade Tiramisu sit for a few hours will also bring out the delightful flavors.
Refrigerate Gordon Ramsay’s Tiramisu for a few hours. It will help the sponge fingers to soak all the flavors. Relish a few bites and save the rest for later use. However, you can finish it then and there.
Can I Make Tiramisu Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can always make Tiramisu ahead of time. To achieve better results, it is suggested that you let the Tiramisu sit in the refrigerator for some time before serving.
Enjoy homemade Gordon Ramsay’s Tiramisu for up to 3 days. Each day you will taste more pronounced flavors.
Gordon Ramsay Tiramisu Recipe
- Recatngular Container
- ½ cup Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 packet Sponge Fingers
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ cup Single Cream
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 teaspoon Frozen Dark Chocolate Bar (Grated)
- 2 tablespoons Espresso
- 2 tablespoons Marsala
- In one bowl, add single cream and icing sugar. Mix it well until it is well incorporated.
- Take another bowl and add mascarpone cheese. Whisk the cheese evenly. Mix the single cream mixture to the mascarpone mixture and mix it well.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla essence to enhance the flavors.
- Further, add two tablespoons of marsala wine for pronounced flavors. Whisk the mixture until everything is well incorporated.
- For layering, dip the sponge finger into the coffee and put them in a flat surface container.
- Pour the mixture on top of the sponge fingers and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Lastly, top it with grated chocolate or cocoa powder and serve.
- You can place the sponge fingers into a glass and pour tiramisu on top of it. Tiramisu is ready to serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is in Gordon Ramsay Tiramisu?
Gordon Ramsay’s tiramisu is prepared with mascarpone cheese, marsala, single cream, sponge fingers, vanilla extract, espresso, and icing sugar.
How long does Gordon Ramsay take to prepare tiramisu?
Gordon Ramsay prepares tiramisu in just 10 minutes.
What does the word tiramisu mean in English?
The meaning of tiramisu in English is, cheer me up or pick me up.
Should I cover tiramisu in the fridge?
Yes, cover the tiramisu pan with cling film and keep it in the refrigerator to firm up the
Prepare this delectable Gordon Ramsay’s tiramisu in your kitchen with our recipe guide. Share your cooking experience with us in the comment section below.