Ever tried a classic French restaurant dessert at home? If not, then have a look at this recipe for Gordon Ramsay chocolate marquise. Try just one bite and you’ll be tempted to binge-eat this indulgent dessert.
Gordon Ramsay chocolate Marquise will be a great fit for you if you like chocolate mousse. Marquise being a frozen mousse is made with egg, heavy cream, and dark chocolate.
So, dive into this chocolate delight and read the instructions for the recipe.
For Gordon Ramsay chocolate Marquise, beat sugar, butter, and cocoa powder in a bowl. Whisk egg yolks and sugar in another bowl. Add the egg mixture along with the chocolate mixture to the butter mixture and combine.
Pipe this mixture and chocolate cream into a 6.5X22 cm tin. Refrigerate overnight or for 2 days.
You can shape it up with a drizzle of chocolate syrup or a spoonful of cherry, blackberry, strawberry, or raspberry sauce.
There’s a recipe card below with detailed recipe instructions. Feel free to rate Gordon Ramsay’s chocolate Marquise and save it for a special occasion. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Potato Boulangere
- Gordon Ramsay Pan Fried Scallops
- Gordon Ramsay Spaghetti Bolognese
- Gordon Ramsay Fish And Chips
- Gordon Ramsay Pizza Dough
- Gordon Ramsay Sea Bass Fennel, Lemon And Capers
- Gordon Ramsay Mediterranean Sea Bass
- Gordon Ramsay Sea Bass With Sorrel Sauce
- Gordon Ramsay Potato Crusted Sea Bass With Minestrone And Clams
- Gordon Ramsay Roast Beef Carpaccio
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Marquise?
- Pan – Melt the dark chocolate in a pan for making chocolate marquise.
- Bowls – Combine the ingredients well in mixing bowls until you get desired consistency.
- Whisk – Beat egg yolks in a bowl of sugar until creamy.
- Spoon – Stir the dark chocolate while melting to avoid its burning.
- Knife – Cut dark chocolate into small pieces so that it can melt easily.
- Plastic Wrap – Wrap the mixture with a plastic wrap and refrigerate it overnight at least.
- Platter – Serve the slices of marquise on a platter.
- Blowtorch – Use a blowtorch and quickly run the flame over the surface of the marquise to give it a glossy look.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Marquise?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||5 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Marquise?
- Dark Chocolate – A rich and decadent dark chocolate is used with hints of hazelnuts to prepare chocolate marquise.
- Eggs – We need egg yolks to create creamy texture of the chocolate marquise.
- Butter – Use unsalted butter to give richness, tenderness, and structure to the marquise.
- Caster Sugar – Add caster sugar as it will help to soften the chocolate side of the dessert.
- Double Cream – Whip double cream to get light and fluffy marquise.
- Cocoa Powder – Dutch cocoa powder will lend a milder and chocolatey taste to the mousse.
- After Eight Mint Chocolate – Pipe a layer of After Eight chocolate in the bottom of the pan to give the perfect balance of soft, refreshing mint fondant with thin dark chocolate, making it the finishing touch to any meal.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Marquise
1. Preparing The Chocolate
Cut dark chocolate into small pieces. Heat a pan, pour some water, and add dark chocolate pieces.
Set it over medium heat and let the chocolate melt. Remove it from the heat and set it aside to cool.
2. Preparing Of The Marquise
Take a large bowl and add half of the caster sugar, cocoa powder, and butter stick and beat it until it becomes creamy and light.
In an another bowl, add egg yolks and sugar. Beat it with a whisk until it’s light in color and creamy. Take another bowl and whip cream in it until it thickens.
Add melted chocolate in the butter mixture bowl and mix it until combined. Gently add the egg mixture and stir it well.
3. Pipe The Marquise
Pipe this mixture in the bottom of the 6.5×22 cm tin with 3 layers of cling film. Pipe a layer of after eight chocolate and pipe a layer of chocolate cream over it.
Do the same until you get 4 layers of chocolate cream. Fold the over cling film and keep it in the refrigerator overnight or for 2 days.
Before serving, use a blowtorch and run the flame over its surface to give it a glossy look. You can smooth the surface using a palette knife dipped in boiling water.
Now, dip a serrated knife in boiling water and cut the slices of the marquise.
|Saturated Fat||26 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||1222 iu|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Marquise Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay chocolate marquise is a perfectly smooth frozen mousse. Chocolate Marquise is a classic French restaurant dessert recipe made with eggs, dark chocolate and heavy cream. Indulge in this chocolaty delight which is ideal for occasions like dates.
Chocolate marquise is the perfect dessert for making ahead and it will keep perfectly in the freezer until you are ready to serve to your guests. It has a creamy texture and tastes incredible, just cut yourself a sneaky slice!
Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Marquise Recipe
- Plastic Wrap
- 10 ounces Dark Chocolate
- 6 Eggs
- 5.2 ounces Butter
- 2 cups Double Cream
- 2 cups Caster Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 box After Eights Chocolate
- Place small pieces of dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Then, assemble the bain-marie by pouring water into the saucepan.
- Set it over medium heat and let the chocolate melt. Remove it from the heat and set it aside to cool.
- Take a large bowl. Add half the sugar, cocoa powder, and butter and beat it until it becomes creamy and light.
- To another bowl, add egg yolks and sugar. Beat it until it’s light in color and creamy.
- Take another bowl and whip cream in it until it thickens. Add melted chocolate in the butter mixture bowl and mix it until combined.
- Gently add the egg mixture and stir it well.
- Pipe this mixture in the bottom of the 6.5×22 cm tin with 3 layers of cling film.
- Pipe a layer of After Eights and pipe a layer of chocolate cream over it. Do the same until you pipe 4 layers of chocolate cream.
- Fold the over cling film and keep it in the refrigerator overnight or for 2 days.
- Before serving, use a blowtorch and quickly run the flame over its surface to give it a glossy look.
- You can smooth the surface using a palette knife dipped in boiling water.
- Now, dip a serrated knife in boiling water and cut the slices of the marquise.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a marquis in food?
Chocolate marquise is a rich chocolate dessert made with dark chocolate, butter, sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, and cream. It may be flavored with vanilla and espresso.
What is chocolate truffle Marquise?
A rich and decadent dark chocolate mousse with hints of hazelnuts is the ultimate delight for chocoholics everywhere. Smooth and rich, and so easy to prepare – defrost for two hours at room temperature and serve.
How do you whip egg whites?
Make sure that the bowl you use for mixing meringues is freshly washed and dried and preferable glass or metal. A miniscule amount of grease in the bowl can mean that your egg whites won’t whip correctly.
A super rich chocolate dessert for all the chocolate lovers. You won’t be able to resist this delicious dark chocolate specialty. So try this at home now and don’t forget to share your experience with us.