Try a classic French restaurant dessert at home! Have a look at this recipe for Gordon Ramsay’s chocolate marquise. Try just one bite and you’ll be tempted to binge-eat this indulgent dessert. It’s easy and incredibly delicious. Wanna try this recipe? Read further.
If you like chocolate mousse, Gordon Ramsay’s chocolate Marquise will be a great fit for you. Marquise being a frozen mousse is made with egg, heavy cream, and dark chocolate. It has a creamy texture and tastes incredible. So, dive into this chocolate delight and read the instructions for the recipe.
For Gordon Ramsay’s chocolate Marquise, beat sugar, butter, and cocoa powder in a bowl. Beat egg yolks and sugar in another bowl. Add the egg mixture along with the chocolate mixture to the butter mixture and combine. Pipe this mixture and chocolate cream into a 6.5X22 cm tin. Refrigerate overnight or for 2 days.
There’s a recipe card below with detailed recipe instructions. Feel free to rate Gordon Ramsay’s chocolate Marquise and save it for a special occasion.
Gordon Ramsay’s Chocolate Marquise Recipe
- 16.5×22 cm Pan
- Medium-size Bowls
- Plastic Bag
- 10 ounces Dark Chocolate
- 6 Eggs
- 5.2 ounces Butter
- 2 cups Caster Sugar
- 2 cups Double Cream
- 1 box After Eights
- Place small pieces of dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Then, assemble the bain-marie by pouring water into the saucepan.
- Set it over medium heat and let the chocolate melt. Remove it from the heat and set it aside to cool.
- Take a large bowl. Add half the sugar, cocoa powder, and butter and beat it until it becomes creamy and light.
- To another bowl, add egg yolks and sugar. Beat it until it’s light in color and creamy. Take another bowl and whip cream in it until it thickens. Add melted chocolate in the butter mixture bowl and mix it until combined. Gently add the egg mixture and stir it well.
- Pipe this mixture in the bottom of the 6.5×22 cm tin with 3 layers of cling film. Pipe a layer of After Eights and pipe a layer of chocolate cream over it. Do the same until you pipe 4 layers of chocolate cream. Fold the over cling film and keep it in the refrigerator overnight or for 2 days.
- Before serving, use a blowtorch and quickly run the flame over its surface to give it a glossy look. You can smooth the surface using a palette knife dipped in boiling water. Now, dip a serrated knife in boiling water and cut the slices of the marquise.