Feeling hungry! Have a steak at home? Just get it sandwiched. Trust me! It’s that simple and the easiest recipe for steak. But, Gordon Ramsay’s steak sandwich is a flavorful punch for brunch. It has a tender steak and delicious tomato relish with mustard mayonnaise. So, you’ll experience enormous flavors in this single sandwich. So, read further and make your own sandwich.
Gordon Ramsay’s steak sandwich has a delicious combination of mustard mayonnaise, tomato relish, and steak. It’s a fun recipe, from rolling the steak to spice it up to assembling the sandwich. The steak is braised perfectly in the butter and oil juice containing the flavors of garlic and thyme. Just one bite and dig your teeth through the sandwich and the juice-dripping steak, that’s where the magic begins.
You’ll find a video below. Make sure you watch how perfectly Gordon Ramsay makes this sandwich. Keep reading and you’ll know what ingredients and kitchen equipment are required for Gordon Ramsay’s steak sandwich.
What Equipment Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Steak Sandwich?
Now, grab all the kitchen equipment listed below to make sure you make Gordon Ramsay’s steak sandwich with ease.
- Oven-proof Pan- If you use an oven-proof pan, you can use it to pan-fry and bake the skillet later.
- Saucepan- Use a saucepan for making tomato relish.
- Spatula- To stir the relish mixture in the saucepan, you need a spatula. You can also use it to break and blister the tomato skin in the pan.
- Spoon- To safely braise the steak in the pan, to spread and mix the mayonnaise on the bread, you’ll need a spoon.
- Oven- Oven is one of the major equipment used. The oven cooks the steak evenly and better than a saucepan.
- Knife- Use a sharp carving knife to cute clean elegant slices of the steak and bread. Chop onions, tomatoes, garlic, or other veggies with it as well.
- Grill Pan- To get nicely charred slices of bread, use a grill pan. It adds charcoal flavor to the bread and prevents the bread from becoming soggy.
- Chopping Tray- For a great-looking dish, you definitely need a sturdy surface to get clean cuts and perfect slices without being injured. So, use a chopping tray.
- Bowl- Use a bowl to add chopped and sliced veggies before cooking them. Also, you need to use a bowl to prepare mustard mayonnaise.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Steak Sandwich?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|25 Minutes||15 Minutes||30 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Steak Sandwich?
Here’s the list of the ingredients required for the recipe. Make sure you read these and understand how each one of these adds to the brilliance of Gordon Ramsay’s steak sandwich.
- Beef Fillet- In this recipe, beef fillet is the jewel in the crown. You should use a beef fillet from the tenderloin. As it’s called the Rolls Royce of beef, it’s comparatively tender and has juicy meaty flavors.
- Garlic- Garlic is the most important flavoring agent for steak. Make sure you don’t miss it.
- Thyme Sprigs- Thyme leaves enhance the flavors without overpowering the natural flavors
- Baby Gem Lettuce- Serve lettuce with the sandwich.
- Butter- To add more flavor to the steak.
- Olive Oil- To make the steak a little crispy, cook it in olive oil. Olive oil can withstand extreme temperatures to cook the steak as required.
- Sea Salt- To enhance the flavor, season with salt.
- Freshly Ground Pepper- Add a bitter heat to the fillet, ciabatta, and relish by seasoning them with black pepper.
For Spicy Tomato Relish
- Red Onion- Toss chopped onions in your relish to enhance the color and add a mildly sweet flavor to it.
- Red and Yellow Cherry Tomatoes- Add sliced red and yellow cherry tomatoes to the relish. These are better for relishing as they’ve slightly tart plus sour taste.
- Red Chilies- Use red chilies to spice it up. I’ve used deseeded chopped chilies but you can also use it along with seeds to add some extra heat to the relish.
- Basil Leaves- These fresh leaves bring out subtle flavors from tomato relish and make it more fragrant.
- Sherry Vinegar- Add vinegar for a slight tart taste. It’s a perfect acidic balance to the sweetness of the relish.
- Olive Oil- Olive oil cooks the relish and maintains its moisture. It also gives a silky texture to the relish.
For Mustard Mayonnaise
- Good Quality Mayonnaise- Your sandwich is incomplete with mayonnaise. But if you wish, you can use alternate oil-baked mayonnaise, eggless mayonnaise, or any other.
- Wholegrain Mustard- If you need a spread that perfectly goes along with the sandwich, then use whole grain mustard in mayonnaise or dip. It’s packed with mustard seeds and vinegar. It gives a bitter, spicy, and mildly sweet taste.
For Toasted Ciabatta
- Slices of Ciabatta- Ciabatta is the healthiest of all bread. If you want your sandwich to be super healthy, don’t forget to use ciabatta slices.
- Olive Oil- To give a little crispiness to the bread slices (ciabatta slices) drizzle some olive oil on them before placing them on the grill pan.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Steak Sandwich Recipe
1. Spice up the steak!
Take a beef fillet and sprinkle some salt over it. Now, add pepper to add bitter heat to the steak. Make sure you add some bigger chunks of pepper. Roll it over the surface and let all the spices stick on its skin. Place this steak in an oven-proof pan containing hot oil and butter. Add a whole garlic head (sliced horizontally into half), thyme leaves, and cook. Tilt the pan forward and braise the steak with the juice in the pan. Place the steak in the oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes.
2.Prepare the tomato relish.
Place a saucepan over medium heat and add olive oil, chopped onions, and chilies to it. Stir for about a minute and add chopped red and yellow cherry tomatoes to the pan. Use the spatula to break the tomatoes in the pan as they cook and add sherry vinegar to give acidic balance to the sweetness in the relish. Reduce the heat to low and let it stew perfectly until creamy smooth. Finish with chopped basil leaves and stir.
3. Prepare mustard mayonnaise.
Complete your steak sandwich with perfect mustard mayonnaise. Take three tablespoons of mayonnaise in a bowl. Add three teaspoons of wholegrain mustard to it and mix them well.
4.Crisp the slices up!
Cut the slices of ciabatta bread. Season them with pepper and drizzle some olive oil over them. Place them on a grill pan over medium heat. Let it crip a little and remove from the grill pan.
5. Assemble the sandwich!
Now, it’s time to assemble the sandwich. Spread mayo on both the slices and place the lettuce leaves on both of them. Place sliced steak on one of the pieces. Spoon some tomato relish on the steak and place the other slice of bread on top (lettuce side down).
Gordon Ramsay’s steak sandwich is ready.
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||17 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||384 IU|
|Vitamin C||33 mg|
How Will Your Recipe Look and Taste?
Now, you’ve made this perfect sublime brunch. The sliced steak in the sandwich is soft as if you’re slicing through butter. The bread is crispy and is flavored with pepper. The relish in the sandwich makes it look colorful and adds a tangy flavor to the sandwich. This sandwich smells incredible and is super delicious.
Gordon Ramsay’s Steak Sandwich Recipe
- Ovenproof Pan
- Grill Pan
- Chopping Tray
- 1.5 pounds Beef Fillet
- 1 Whole Head of Garlic (cut in half, horizontally)
- 4 Thyme Sprigs
- Lettuce Leaves
- Olive Oil (for frying)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Freshly Ground Pepper (to taste)
For Spicy Tomato Relish
- 1/2 Red Onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 8.8 ounces Red and Yellow Cherry Tomatoes (mixed and chopped )
- 2 Red Chilies (deseeded and chopped)
- Basil Leaves (shredded)
- 2 teaspoons Sherry Vinegar
- Olive oil
For Mustard Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Mayonnaise (good quality)
- 3 teaspoons Whole-grain Mustard
For Toasted Ciabatta
- 12 Ciabatta Slices (1.5 cm thick)
- 3 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Season the steak fillet with salt and pepper. To a hot oven-proof pan containing olive oil, add butter and place the steak in the pan. Add garlic, thyme sprigs to the pan. Tilt the pan forward and braise the steak with flavored oil using a spoon. Let the steak cook for few minutes.
- Now, place the pan in the oven and cook the steak for about 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, chop the onions, tomatoes, and chili. Add the onions and chili to a hot pan containing oil. Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Break the tomatoes using a spatula and let them cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the tomato relish is creamy smooth. Finish it by adding chopped basil leaves.
- Now, for mustard mayonnaise, add three tablespoons of mayonnaise of your choice to a bowl. Add three teaspoons of wholegrain mustard and mix them.
- Cut slices of ciabatta bread. Season it with pepper, drizzle some olive oil on the slices and place them over the grill pan. Let these slices grill for a few minutes until they have a slight char on the crust.
- Assemble the sandwich by spreading the mustard mayonnaise over both slices. Place lettuce leaves on them. Place steak slice on one of the slices and add spoonful tomato relish on the steak slice. Place the other bread slice on top (lettuce side down). Gordon Ramsay's steak sandwich is ready.