All of us love mac and cheese but I am here to give a major upgrade to this recipe. Gordon Ramsay’s macaroni cheese and cauliflower bake is a unique and healthier take on the usual mac and cheese.
Recipes from Gordon Ramsay are not complicated at all. You just have to go about it like you usually do and make the roux. Then, when it’s time to add macaroni, you make an addition of cauliflower as well. The cauliflower increases the volume as well as the health factor of the recipe.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s macaroni cheese and cauliflower bake, cook cauliflower and macaroni. Then, mix them with butter in a bowl. After that, make the roux with flour, butter, mustard powder, and cheese. Add the macaroni mixture to it and mix. Then, put this mixture in a baking dish, top with cheese and breadcrumbs, and bake it for some time.
This is not all there is to the recipe. This is only a little trailer of what’s to come. If you want to find out, keep scrolling down to read the whole recipe. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Marquise
- Gordon Ramsay Belly Of Pork
- Gordon Ramsay Hamburger
- Gordon Ramsay Shepherd’s Pie
- Gordon Ramsay Egg Benedict
- Gordon Ramsay Steak
- Gordon Ramsay Turkey
- Gordon Ramsay Turkey Gravy
- Gordon Ramsay Panna Cotta
- Gordon Ramsay Raspberry Soufflé
Gordon Ramsay’s Macaroni Cheese And Cauliflower Bake Recipe
- 300 g Cauliflower
- 300 g Macaroni
- 4 + 4 tablespoons Butter
- 4 tablespoons Plain Flour
- 2 teaspoon Mustard Powder
- 100 g Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 100 g Lancashire Cheese (crumbled)
- 100 g Cheshire Cheese (crumbled)
- 3 tablespoons White Breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Thyme Leaves
- 2 ½ cups Milk
- A pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Firstly, preheat the oven at 200℃.
- Fill a pan with water and add a little bit of salt to it. Bring it to a boil and add cauliflower to it.
- Cook the cauliflower for about 5-6 minutes. Then, take it out, shock it in ice water, and keep it aside.
- In a pot, cook the macaroni al dente. Drain the water and set it aside.
- Take a bowl and add the cooked macaroni and cauliflower to it. Add about 4 tablespoons of butter to it and mix them.
- Then, place a saucepan on the heat and melt the remaining butter in it.
- Add flour and mustard powder to it and keep stirring. Then, slowly add milk to it while stirring so no lumps are formed.
- Lower the flame and keep stirring the roux until it thickens. Also, season it with salt and some cayenne pepper.
- Mix the three kinds of cheese in a bowl. Add half of that to the roux and keep stirring until smooth.
- Then, add the macaroni and cauliflower mixture to the saucepan and mix it to cover it with the roux.
- Now, take a baking dish and put this macaroni mixture in it. Top with the remaining cheese, breadcrumbs, and thyme leaves.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and cook it for about 15-20 minutes. Take it out when the top looks golden and crispy and then, serve it.