Looking for a perfect breakfast recipe? You should try Gordon Ramsay’s French Toast. It’s super delicious and easy to make. This toast is a signature-style version of classic French toast. It has crispy bread and tons of flavors added to it. Before you try this recipe, read further to know more about it.
Gordon Ramsay’s French toast is a delicious breakfast bread soaked in egg mixture. It basically belongs to American cuisine (Louisiana Creole cuisine) and not French cuisine. It has baked crispy slices of bread infused with the flavors of vanilla, milk, cinnamon, and brown sugar. The powdered sugar or maple syrup finishing makes it sweeter. Read this article further and you’ll find all the instructions along with more details about the recipe.
For Gordon Ramsay’s French toast, bake bread slices in the oven for about 15 minutes. Soak the bread slices in the mixture of eggs, cinnamon, brown sugar, salt, butter, milk, and vanilla. In a skillet containing butter, brown these slices for about 3 minutes and serve with maple syrup or powdered sugar.
Now, look at the recipe card for detailed instructions on this recipe. You’ll find the list of the ingredients required for the recipe and the video in the recipe card below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Ratatouille– Gordon Ramsay’s Ratatouille is the dream of every vegetarian on this planet. The summer vegetable dish is absolutely tasty and worth a try.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Parsnip Puree– This particular recipe works like wonder with lambs. It is super creamy and dense.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Chicken And Mushroom Pie – If you are a fan of savory pies, then there is no way for you to miss out on Gordon Ramsay’s Chicken & Mushroom Pie.
What Equipment Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s French Toast?
- Bowl- Use a large mixing bowl to make the egg mixture for this recipe.
- Skillet- Brown the bread in a large skillet.
- Spatula- Use an offset spatula to flip the bread. Also, you need a spatula to mix the ingredients for egg mixture.
- Baking Sheet- Rest the soaked bread on the baking sheet before placing it in the skillet.
- Oven- Warm the bread in the oven before dredging it with the egg mixture.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s French Toast?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||25 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s French Toast?
- Bread- I’ve used eight slices of bread for this recipe.
- Eggs-Use four eggs to make the egg mixture for toast.
- Butter- Melt about two tablespoons of butter. You need to add butter to the egg mixture and to brown the bread.
- Milk– Add about one and a half cups of milk to the egg mixture. Milk adds depth to the flavors.
- Castor Sugar- Caster sugar is sweeter and dissolves better than the regular sugar. You need to add about three tablespoons of caster sugar to the egg mixture.
- Cinnamon Powder- Add a bit spiciness to the toast by adding a half teaspoon of cinnamon powder to it.
- Vanilla Extract-Add vanilla flavor to the toast by adding a tablespoon of vanilla extract to the egg mixture.
- Salt– Enhance the taste of the toast and balance the excess sweet flavors by adding one-fourth teaspoon of salt to the egg mixture.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s French Toast
1. Prep The Egg Mixture
Bake the bread in the preheated oven (350 F) for about 15 minutes (turning them halfway). Now, take a large bowl and add eggs, butter, cinnamon powder, milk, salt, caster sugar, and vanilla to it. Mix them well to combine.
2. Soak The Bread In Egg Mixture
Remove the bread from the oven. Soak the bread slices in the egg mixture and then, place them on the baking sheet. Add butter to a skillet over medium heat and brown the bread in it for about three minutes. Drizzle maple syrup on top and serve.
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||563 IU|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s French Toast Look and Taste?
Gordon Ramsay’s French Toast Recipe
- 8 slices Bread
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Butter (melted)
- 1.5 cups Milk
- 3 tablespoons Castor Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Put eggs, milk, cinnamon powder, castor sugar, salt, butter, and vanilla in a bowl. Pour this mixture into a dish.
- Mix everything.
- Soak the bread slices in this mixture from both sides. Then, place these slices on the baking sheet.
- Now melt the butter in a skillet and heat the bread in it until it's brown for about 5 minutes.
- Serve these with maple syrup or powdered sugar.
How was your experience with this recipe? Tell me in the comments below and try out other recipes too.