Wanna try the best crispy salmon recipe? Then, get ready to spice up your salmon with Alaskan seasoning and turn it into a Gordon Ramsay delicacy known as crispy salmon. This amazing salmon dish is served with succotash and potatoes with mustard greens. If you don’t know this recipe, keep reading this article.
Gordon Ramsay’s crispy salmon has a crispy and flaky texture on the outside and is tender from the inside. It’s amazingly nutritious and appetizing. The flavors in this dish are maximized by adding Alaskan seasoning to it. This pan-fried salmon is a quick and easy meal. Now, let’s hop right into the creative process of Gordon Ramsay’s crispy salmon recipe.
For Gordon Ramsay’s crispy salmon, score the salmon and season it with salt, pepper, and Cajun spice. Now, panfry the salmon and add garlic, thyme, and butter to the pan. Cook for about 6 to 7 minutes. Serve with lemon aioli mayonnaise, succotash, potatoes, and mustard greens.
You might want to have the detailed recipe for salmon along with succotash and potatoes. For that, have a look at the recipe card. Don’t forget to rate this incredible Gordon Ramsay recipe and save it for later. Watch how Gordon Ramsay makes this crispy salmon in the video below. Check out some other Gordon Ramsay recipes Chef’s delight recipes below.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Turkey
- Gordon Ramsay Belly of Pork
- Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup
- Gordon Ramsay Yorkshire Pudding
- Gordon Ramsay Steak Marinade
- Gordon Ramsay Duck Al’ Orange
- Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Short Ribs
- Gordon Ramsay Turkey And Ham Pie
- Gordon Ramsay Cauliflower Cheese
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Crispy Salmon?
- Saucepan – Prepare the succotash and smashed potatoes with mustard green in a saucepan.
- Frying Pan – Fry the seasoned salmon in a frying pan.
- Spatula – Fold all the veggies using a spatula.
- Bowl – Use bowl to season the salmon with a teaspoon of salt and black pepper.
- Ladle – Stir in all the spices with a ladle.
- Kitchen Tongs – Grill the salmon with kitchen tongs and flip to cook on both sides with tongs.
- Knife – Finely chop the veggies with a sharp knife.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Crispy Salmon?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Crispy Salmon?
- Salmon Fish – Take salmon fish filets for preparing Gordon Ramsay crispy salmon in your kitchen.
- Garlic Cloves – Adding garlic to the pan will bring out aromatic sharpness to the salmon.
- Thyme – Thyme will add minty and peppery freshness to the salmon.
- Butter – Butter will add a savory blend to the salmon and keeps the salmon moist.
- Olive Oil – Sauté the veggies with a tablespoon of olive oil. The oil keeps the veggies moist.
- Cajun Spice – Spice up the salmon with a teaspoon of Cajun spice.
- Kosher Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the veggies and salmon with a pinch of black pepper.
- Lemon Aioli Mayonnaise – A teaspoon of lemon aioli mayonnaise adds fiery, intense, and garlicky flavors to the crispy salmon.
- Red Onion – For preparing colorful and delicious succotash, add half a cup of chopped red onions.
- Corn – Blanched corn are well paired to make succotash.
- Red Pepper – Colorful red peppers will bring out sweet and salty blend of flavors.
- Green Pepper – Pair half a cup of green peppers with other veggies and make the colorful succotash.
- Yellow Pepper – Finely chopped yellow bell peppers also add subtle and mild flavors.
- Jalapeno – For extra tartness add some sliced jalapenos to the succotash.
- Zucchini – Zucchini is highly nutritious and full-filling when added with other veggies.
- Yellow Squash – Squash is a vegetable that is similar to that of pumpkin. Add half a cup of chopped yellow squash to the succotash.
- Cilantro – Bring out some freshness with finely chopped cilantro leaves to garnish the succotash.
- Lemon – Squeeze half lemon on top of the succotash to add some zest.
For Smashed Potatoes With Mustard Greens
- Potatoes – For preparing the mash, take any potatoes of your choice. Boil them and mash to perfection.
- Mustard Greens – Mustard greens are amazing and beneficial for the health. It aids in fighting against the infections. Add some freshness to combine with the mashed potatoes.
- Garlic cloves – Blanch the veggies with minced garlic cloves for pungent and aromatic sharpness.
- Shallots – Fresh shallots will add savory touch to the smashed potatoes.
- Lemon – Zest a lemon over the potatoes for fragrant flavors.
- Butter – Toss the veggies with melted butter.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Crispy Salmon
1. Salmon On The Heat
Score the salmon with a sharp knife and season it with salt, pepper, and Cajun spices. Then, to a pan, add extra virgin olive oil. As the oil heats up, add the salmon to the pan. Press it a little to keep its skin flat on the pan. Flip it over as the skin of the salmon becomes golden brown. Add garlic and thyme to the pan. Then, add butter and cook for about 6-7 minutes and keep it aside.
2. Merge The Succotash
Add olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add chopped red onion, corn, red pepper, green pepper, yellow pepper, and jalapeno. Season the succotash with salt, Cajun spice, pepper, and sauté for about a minute. Then, add zucchini, yellow squash, chopped cilantro, and keep cooking for another minute. Garnish it with fresh lemon juice.
3. Final Step
Drizzle some olive oil over the potatoes. Season with salt, pepper, and Cajun spice, and cook them in a pan over medium heat. Then, add butter, shallots, and garlic to the pan. Blanch some mustard greens and sprinkle them over the cooked potatoes. Zest a lemon over potatoes and then squeeze it over them for finishing.
4. Begin To Serve
To plate the crispy salmon, slather lemon aioli mayonnaise seasoned with lemon on a platter. Place crispy salmon and potatoes on it. Add a spoonful of colorful succotash and serve. Enjoy Gordon Ramsay’s crispy salmon.
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Crispy Salmon Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay crispy salmon looks appetizing prepared with colorful succotash. The veggies adds the freshness to the salmon. Moreover, the smashed potatoes with mustard green tastes delectable. All in all, the recipe fills up your stomach and satiates all the famished folks.
Gordon Ramsay’s Crispy Salmon Recipe
- Frying Pan
- Kitchen Tongs
- 4 Salmon Fish (center-cut)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil (extra virgin)
- 2 teaspoons Cajun Spice
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Aioli Mayonnaise
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Corn
- 1/2 cup Red Pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Green Pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Yellow Pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Jalapeno (chopped)
- 1 cup Zucchini
- 1 cup Yellow Squash
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Lemon
For Smashed Potatoes With Mustard Greens
- 4 Potatoes
- 1 cup Mustard Greens (roughly chopped)
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup Shallots (chopped)
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Butter
For Crispy Salmon
- Score the salmon with a sharp knife and season it with salt, pepper, and cajun spice.
- To a pan, add extra virgin olive oil. As the oil heats up, add the salmon to the pan. Press it a little to keep its skin flat on the pan. Flip it over as the skin of the salmon becomes golden brown.
- Add garlic and thyme to the pan. Then, add butter and cook for about 6-7 minutes and keep it aside.
- Add olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add chopped red onion, corn, red pepper, green pepper, yellow pepper, jalapeno.
- Add salt, cajun spice, pepper, and saute for about a minute. Then, add zucchini, yellow squash, chopped cilantro, and keep cooking for another minute.
- Finish with fresh lemon juice.
Smashed Potatoes and Mustard Greens
- Drizzle some olive oil over the potatoes. Season with salt, pepper, and cajun spice, and cook them in a pan over medium heat.
- Give them a little toss and add butter, chopped shallots, garlic to the pan. Blanch some mustard greens and sprinkle them over the potatoes. Zest a lemon over potatoes and then squeeze it over them for finishing.
- To plate the crispy salmon, lemon aioli mayonnaise seasoned with lemon on a platter. Place crispy salmon and potatoes on it. Add a spoonful of succotash and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How does Gordon Ramsay make the perfect salmon?
Gordon Ramsay makes the perfect salmon, first he seasons both sides with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Then, he heats a large nonstick pan adds the olive oil and gently place the salmon into the pan, skin-side down. Cook for 6-7 minutes tp achieve crispy and crunchy texture.
What is Gordon Ramsay’s most famous recipe?
Gordon Ramsay’s most famous recipe is beef wellington.
How do I cook salmon so it’s not dry?
Slow-roasting will help the salmon in not getting dry.
How long do I put salmon in the oven for?
Place the salmon in the oven for 15 minutes and cook on both sides evenly.
Prepare Gordon Ramsay crispy salmon in no time. Refer to the above details in the article and let us know how it goes in the comment section below.