Ever thought of trying the famous dish made by Remy in the movie “Ratatouille”? Well! If you, too, want to make it like a celebrity chef, try Gordon Ramsay’s ratatouille. It has multiple veggies indented together dipped in a delicious sauce and is layered with egg white on top. So, read the entire article and try this Gordon Ramsay recipe now.
Gordon Ramsay’s Ratatouille is a healthy French-inspired meal. It’s equally delicious and is made by the creative genius Gordon Ramsay. It can also be a side dish or an appetizer when paired with boiled rice or potatoes, grilled meats, toasted bread, and many more. Now, let’s move to the recipe instructions for Gordon Ramsay’s ratatouille.
For Gordon Ramsay’s ratatouille, pan fry shallots, courgette, and aubergine. Add passata, garlic, paprika, and cumin to the pan. Stir and cook for 10 minutes. Now indent sliced and seasoned aubergine, courgette, tomatoes in an ovenproof pan containing the sauce. Brush egg whites on top and bake for 12 minutes.
A courgette is nothing but a zucchini. If there’s no zucchini available, you can use any of its substitutes. Here is a list of substitutes for zucchini.
Have a look at the recipe card below for detailed instructions for the recipe. Rate this recipe if you like it and save it for later. Try this recipe and share it with your friends and family.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Potato Salad – A perfect side dish for your family lunch. Gordon Ramsay’s Potato Salad gets ready in no time.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Beef And Guinness Stew – Replace your average stew with beef and Guinness stew. This recipe from Gordon Ramsay will help you to cook it to perfection.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Moussaka– Moussaka is a Greek comfort food. It is made with mellow eggplant, slices of potato and a meat sauce.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Parsnip Puree– This particular recipe works like wonder with lambs. It is super creamy and dense.
Gordon Ramsay’s Ratatouille Recipe
- 1 Small Courgette
- 1/2 Aubergine
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Shallots
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Parsley (chopped)
- Olive Oil (for frying)
- 10.5 ounces Passata
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot Paprika
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Pan-fry shallots for about 2 minutes in a saucepan containing olive oil. Add salt and pepper to season the shallots. Now, add pepper and aubergine to the pan, add garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add the courgette to the same pan and cook it for 2 minutes and add passata, paprika, and cumin. Stir and cook for around 8 to 10 minutes in the pan until the vegetables are soft.
- Make an indentation of sliced and seasoned courgette, aubergine, tomatoes in an ovenproof dish containing the sauce. Brush some of the egg whites on top and bake it for about 8 to 12 minutes until the egg whites turn hard. Let the egg yolks remain soft and runny in the middle of the dish.
- Finish with thyme leaves and chopped parsley sprinkled on top and serve.