Ever thought of trying the famous dish made by Remy in the movie “Ratatouille”? Well! If you, too, want to make it like a celebrity chef, try the recipe of Gordon Ramsay ratatouille.
It has multiple veggies indented together, dipped in a delicious sauce with egg white. Gordon Ramsay ratatouille is a healthy French-inspired meal made by the creative genius Gordon Ramsay.
It can be a side dish or an appetizer paired with boiled rice or potatoes, grilled meats, toasted bread, and many more. So, read the entire article and try this Gordon Ramsay recipe now.
For Gordon Ramsay ratatouille, pan fry shallots, courgette, and aubergine. Add passata paste, garlic, paprika, and cumin to the pan. Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
Now indent sliced and seasoned aubergine, courgette, and shallots in an ovenproof pan containing the sauce. Brush egg whites on top and bake for 12 minutes.
A courgette is nothing but a zucchini. If there’s no zucchini available, you can use eggplant, cucumber, or turnip. If you don’t find any of these, here is a list of substitutes for zucchini.
Have a look at the recipe card below for detailed instructions. Rate this recipe if you like it and save it for later.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Potato Salad
- Gordon Ramsay Moussaka
- Gordon Ramsay Parsnip Puree
- Gordon Ramsay Beef And Guinness Stew
- Gordon Ramsay Gnocchi
- Gordon Ramsay Mac And Cheese
- Gordon Ramsay Stroganoff
- Gordon Ramsay Turkey
- Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Soup
- Gordon Ramsay Skirt Steak
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Ratatouille?
- Ovenproof Dish – Bake the dish with egg whites on top for about 8 to 12 minutes until the egg whites turn hard.
- Saucepan – Cook and boil veggies in a saucepan until they are soft, tender and slightly brown.
- Bowls – Toss the chopped veggies with one teaspoon of salt and set them aside to avoid stickiness.
- Platter – Serve baked dish in platter and top with chopped herbs.
- Knife – Chop the veggies like aubergine, shallots, and courgette into slices for easy cooking.
- Spatula – Toss the ingredients well with a flat-surfaced spatula.
- Spoon – Pour the sauce in an ovenproof dish and make an indentation of sliced and seasoned veggies.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Ratatouille?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Ratatouille?
- Courgette – Courgette when cooked, will add a mild flavor, sweet and bitter, with a rich feel. However, the bland texture makes it a perfect veggie to mix with almost any other type of flavorful ingredients as they do not overpower the taste.
- Aubergine – Aubergine, when cooked disintegrates into slimy mush or takes on a leathery sogginess.
- Eggs – Egg whites will add structure to your ratatouille, making it tasty and creamy.
- Shallots – Add in minced shallots to have a delicate and sweet taste of the recipe with a hint of sharpness.
- Passata – Pour in passata paste to add a very intense tomato flavor with the notes of sourness.
- Olive Oil – Fry the veggies in olive oil until brown and tender.
- Garlic Cloves – Mince the garlic cloves to add intense flavor to the recipe.
- Fresh Thyme Leaves – Top fresh thyme leaves to add an earthy, minty, and slightly lemony flavor on the dish.
- Parsley – Top the minced parsley for a clean and slightly peppery taste.
- Red Pepper – Red pepper flakes will add a unique flavor, delivering the recipe it’s own unique taste.
- Ground Cumin – Ground cumin will add a rich and hearty, earthy and warm, with an edge of citrusy note to the recipe.
- Hot Paprika – Hot paprika will add a little spicy texture. If you don’t have hot paprika, cayenne pepper may do the trick.
- Salt – Add salt to enhance the flavor of the ingredients mixed in the recipe.
- Pepper – Black pepper will add a spicy, earthy, hot, woody and distinct flavor to this recipe.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Ratatouille
1. Chopping Of The Greens
Peel and cut the aubergine into lengthwise slices. Scrub the courgette and cut it into pieces. Now peel and cut shallots into slices and keep them aside.
Mince garlic cloves and chop parsley leaves. Preheat the oven to 325 degree Fahrenheit meanwhile.
Take slices of shallots and fry in a saucepan containing olive oil for about 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to season the shallots.
Now, add sliced aubergine and minced garlic to the pan and sauté for another minute. Add peeled and sliced courgette to the same pan and cook it for 2 minutes.
Once cooked, add passata, paprika, and cumin. Stir and cook for around 8 to 10 minutes in the pan until the vegetables are soft.
2. Making Of The Ratatouille
Make an indentation of sliced and seasoned courgette, aubergine, and shallots in an ovenproof dish containing the sauce.
Brush some of the egg whites on top and bake it for about 8 to 12 minutes until the egg whites turn hard. Let the egg yolks remain soft and runny in the middle of the dish.
Finish with chopped thyme leaves and parsley sprinkled on top and serve.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||344 iu|
|Vitamin C||12 mg|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Ratatouille Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay ratatouille is the perfect balance of savory and sweet dish which will definitely sure to become a family’s favorite. The result is a dish packed with flavor and perfect for a summer meal. Serve Ratatouille with some crusty bread and enjoy!
Gordon Ramsay Ratatouille Recipe
- Ovenproof Dish
- 1 Small Courgette (sliced)
- ½ Aubergine (sliced)
- 2 large Eggs (whisked)
- 2 Shallots (peeled and sliced)
- 10.5 ounces Passata
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- 4 Fresh Thyme Leaves
- ½ teaspoon Parsley (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Hot Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- Pan-fry sliced shallots for about 2 minutes in a saucepan containing olive oil. Add salt and pepper to season the shallots.
- Now, add sliced aubergine and garlic to the pan and sauté for another minute.
- Add the peeled and sliced courgette to the same pan and cook it for 2 minutes and add passata, paprika, and cumin.
- Stir and cook for around 8 to 10 minutes in the pan until the vegetables are soft.
- Make an indentation of sliced and seasoned courgette, aubergine, and shallots in an ovenproof dish containing the sauce.
- Brush some of the egg whites on top and bake it for about 8 to 12 minutes until the egg whites turn hard.
- Let the egg yolks remain soft and runny in the middle of the dish.
- Finish with thyme leaves and chopped parsley sprinkled on top and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What’s the ingredients in Gordon Ramsay ratatouille?
Ratatouille is made of courgette, aubergine, and shallots, in a sauce of crushed tomatoes, herbs, garlic, and spices.
What is ratatouille usually served with?
Ratatouille is served over rice, quinoa, or risotto. You can also serve with roasted or mashed potatoes. Ratatouille is an incredible accompaniment to any kind of pasta.
How do you make ratatouille not runny?
Cover and cook the dish on low for 4 hours or until the vegetables are tender, then uncover and cook for 1 hour more to allow some of the liquid to evaporate and the vegetables to meld further.
Can ratatouille be served as a side?
Ratatouille is a French side dish made with sliced vegetables such as aubergine, courgette, and shallots. Ratatouille makes a great main course or side dish.
Gordon Ramsay ratatouille is a classic side dish perfect for a summer meal. It is easy to make and serve with a boiled rice or toasted bread for a complete meal.