If you love savory pies, then Gordon Ramsay chicken and mushroom pie is a must-try for you. The filling is made with chicken, ham, mushrooms, vegetables, and a creamy sauce.
Covered with puff pastry the chicken and mushroom pie is delicious and a great option for amazing meals. Let’s see how to make this knockoff Gordon Ramsay pie at home.
To make a perfect pie for a lazy weekend, you need chicken and mushroom pie and cook onions, leeks, and garlic. Sauté the veggies, add the chicken, mushrooms, and ham and cook them as well.
In another pan, make the white sauce by cooking butter, flour, stock, and milk. Mix this sauce with the chicken mixture. Pour this mixture into a pie dish and cover it with puff pastry.
Brush with egg and bake for 25 minutes. Once the pie is cooked, garnish it with fresh parsley and serve with broccoli and peas.
The notable list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions is mentioned below. However, before you proceed with the recipe, check out some other appetizing dishes.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Tomato Soup
- Gordon Ramsay Parsnip Puree
- Gordon Ramsay French Toast
- Gordon Ramsay Lamb Kofta
- Gordon Ramsay Minestrone Soup
- Gordon Ramsay Half Hour Chili
- Gordon Ramsay Steak Pie
- Gordon Ramsay Shrimp Scampi
- Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup
- Gordon Ramsay Chicken Parmesan
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Chicken And Mushroom Pie?
- Oven – Bake the pie in the oven until golden brown.
- Pan – Take a pan to cook the veggies evenly with some rich spices.
- Saucepan – Simmer the sauce using a saucepan.
- Pie Dish – Pour the mixture into the pie dish to prepare the chicken and mushroom pie.
- Grater – Grate the cheese and lemon with a grater for a cheesy and tangy bite.
- Spatula – Toss the ingredients well with a spatula to avoid lumps.
- Knife – Chop the veggies into chunks for easy cooking.
- Chopping Board – Chop the veggies into chunks on chopping board.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Chicken And Mushroom Pie?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Chicken And Mushroom Pie?
- Chicken Thigh Fillets – Take half a pound of chicken thigh fillets.
- Onion – Add some onions for a savory blend of flavors.
- Leeks – Leeks have similar tastes and flavors to garlic and onions.
- Garlic – Bring out strong flavors by adding garlic.
- Button Mushrooms – Add button mushrooms for mild, nutty, and earthy flavors.
- Ham – Bring out a savory blend of flavors by adding ham.
- Unsalted Butter – Make roux gravy by merging butter with flour.
- Olive Oil – Sauté the veggies using olive oil.
- Chicken Stock – Simmer the sauce with half a cup of chicken stock.
- Milk – The sauce will be thickened if we add milk to the saucepan.
- Egg – Brush up the pie with egg wash to achieve a crispy and crunchy texture.
- Lemon Juice – Add a teaspoon of lemon juice for some tart flavors.
- Lemon Zest – Bring out some fragrant blend of sharpness to the chicken and mushroom pie.
- Parsley – Finely chopped parsley will bring out minty sharpness to the chicken and mushroom pie.
- Puff Pastry – Roll out the pie with puff pastry.
- Plain Flour – Prepare roux gravy by adding plain flour to the saucepan.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is well paired with other veggies.
- Frozen Peas – Add some frozen beans for preparing chicken and mushroom pie.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Chicken And Mushroom Pie
1. Preparation Time
Initially, sauté the onions, leek, and garlic in a pan using olive oil. Cook until they are translucent. Remove the veggies when they are cooked. In the same pan, add chicken along with salt and black pepper.
Cook until the chicken is tender and browned. Add mushrooms and ham to the pan. Cook the veggies for 5 minutes more.
2. Saucy Sauce
Moving forward, take a saucepan, and add butter and flour. Cook for a minute and prepare the roux. Remove the pan from the heat and immediately, add milk and chicken stock to the saucepan.
Keep stirring until it is thickened. Simmer once you have added milk and stock. Further, add lemon juice, zest, and parsley.
3. Put Together
Combine the chicken and the sauteed veggies with the sauce in a pie dish. Shred some parmesan cheese on the top. Mix it well. Roll out the puff pastry and cover the pie dish with it.
Trim out the excess pastry puff around the edges. Brush the top with the egg wash making some holes on the top for steam to escape.
4. Oven’s Turn
Now it’s the oven’s turn. Place the pie dish in the oven and bake it for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook the pie until the top looks golden brown.
Simultaneously, boil peas and broccoli in water for 5 minutes. Remove the pie dish and serve it with broccoli and peas. Garnish the pie with fresh parsley on the top and enjoy!
|Dietary Fiber||2.7 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Chicken And Mushroom Pie Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay’s chicken and mushroom pie serve the purpose of a full-fledged meal. It is filled with veggies, cheese, chicken, and flavorful spices.
The whole pie is delightful and brings out the best umami flavors. This highly nutritious pie is a must-try recipe.
Gordon Ramsay Chicken And Mushroom Pie Recipe
- Pie Dish
- Chopping Board
- 850 g Chicken Thigh Fillets (each cut into smaller pieces)
- 1 Onion (peeled, sliced into wedges)
- 2 medium Leeks (trimmed and sliced)
- 150 g Baby Button Mushrooms
- 400 g Ham (cut into chunks)
- 600 g Broccoli (cut into florets)
- 350 ml Milk
- 50 g Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 350 ml Chicken Stock
- 1 medium Egg (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 300 g Puff Pastry
- 14 g Flat-Leaf Parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 75 g Plain Flour
- 500 g Frozen Peas
- In a pan, heat oil and cook onions and leeks in it for about 7-8 minutes. Then, add garlic to it and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Take this mixture out of the pan and put it into a bowl.
- In the same pan, add the chicken along with some salt and pepper and cook for about 3-4 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- After that, add the mushrooms and cook them for 5 minutes. Also, add the ham and cook it as well.
- Then, take another saucepan and melt butter in it. Add flour to it and cook it for a minute.
- Remove the pan from heat and while stirring, add milk to it. When it has mixed, add the stock and keep stirring.
- Place it over the heat again and bring this mixture to a boil.
- Boil it for 5 minutes and then add lemon juice, zest, and parsley to it and mix.
- Now, mix this sauce with the chicken and the onion mixture and pour it into a pie dish.
- Preheat the oven at 200℃.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cover the pie dish with it. Trim the excess pastry around the edges.
- Brush the top with egg and make holes for steam to escape.
- Place the pie dish in the oven and bake it for about 25 minutes until the top looks golden brown.
- Meanwhile, boil peas and broccoli in water for 3-4 minutes.
- Take the pie out and serve it with broccoli and peas.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are Gordon Ramsay chicken and mushroom pie made of?
Gordon Ramsay’s chicken ad mushroom pie is prepared with chicken, onions, leeks, garlic, button mushrooms, ham, butter, flour, parsley, olive oil, ham, butter, chicken stock, and some rich spices.
Are chicken pies unhealthy?
No, chicken pies are prepared with nutritious elements and rich vegetables. The chicken pies are healthy if you add the right measurements for the servings.
How many calories are in a chicken and mushroom Pukka pie?
There are 210 calories in chicken and mushroom pie.
Can you put puff pastry at the bottom of a pie?
There is no point in adding the puff pastry roll beneath or bottom of the pie because the puffiness will be squashed on the top of the pie. So, I suggest you place the puff pastry on top of the pie.
I hope you enjoy reading the recipe for Gordon Ramsay chicken and mushroom pie. Grab your apron and get started to make this chef delight’s pie. Refer to the article for all the details. Share your cooking experience with us in the comment section below.