If you love savory pies, then Gordon Ramsay’s chicken and mushroom pie is a must-try for you. The filling is made with chicken, ham, mushrooms, vegetables, and a creamy sauce. They are coated with puff pastry and baked. This simple yet delicious pie is a great idea for a Sunday dinner.
This pie recipe is perfect for a lazy weekend. The chicken and mushroom pie is rich in protein as it is filled with chicken as well as ham. It also has mushrooms that are both high in protein and fiber. You have green vegetables to boost up your fiber and vitamins. So, you get a delicious pie that is very healthy for you as well.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s chicken and mushroom pie, cook onions, leeks, and garlic in a pan. Then, add the chicken, mushrooms, and ham and cook them as well. In another pan, make the white sauce by cooking butter, flour, stock, and milk. Mix this sauce with the chicken mixture. Pour this mixture into a pie dish and cover it with puff pastry. Brush with egg and bake for 25 minutes.
This is a brief explanation of the recipe. You’ll find the whole recipe below.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Parsnip Puree– This particular recipe works like wonder with lambs. It is super creamy and dense.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s French Toast– A scrumptious French toast is all you need in order to start your day on a healthy note. This recipe for the french toast from Gordon Ramsay is super healthy and will win your heart.
Gordon Ramsay’s Chicken And Mushroom Pie Recipe
- 2 ½ Litres Pie Dish
- 850 g Chicken Thigh Fillets (each cut into smaller pieces)
- 1 Onion, (peeled, sliced into wedges)
- 2 medium leeks (trimmed, sliced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 150 g Baby Button Mushrooms
- 400g Ham (cut into chunks)
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 14 g fresh Flat-Leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 300 g ready-made Puff Pastry
- 75g Plain Flour
- 1 Lemon (juice and zest)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 350 ml Chicken Stock
- 350 ml Milk
- 1 medium Egg (beaten)
- 600 g Broccoli (cut into florets)
- 500 g Frozen Peas
- In a pan, heat oil and cook onions and leeks in it for about 7-8 minutes. Then, add garlic to it and cook for another 2 minutes. Take this mixture out of the pan and put it into a bowl.
- In the same pan, add the chicken along with some salt and pepper and cook for about 3-4 minutes until it turns golden brown. After that, add the mushrooms and cook them for 5 minutes. Also, add the ham and cook it as well.
- Then, take another saucepan and melt butter in it. Add flour to it and cook it for a minute. Remove the pan from heat and while stirring, add milk to it. When it has mixed, add the stock and keep stirring.
- Place it over the heat again and bring this mixture to a boil. Boil it for 5 minutes and then add lemon juice, zest, and parsley to it and mix.
- Now, mix this sauce with the chicken and the onion mixture and pour it into a pie dish.
- Preheat the oven at 200℃.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cover the pie dish with it. Trim the excess pastry around the edges. Brush the top with egg and make holes for steam to escape.
- Place the pie dish in the oven and bake it for about 25 minutes until the top looks golden brown.
- Meanwhile, boil peas and broccoli in water for 3-4 minutes.
- Take the pie out and serve it with broccoli and peas.