If you are going to make tomato soup at home, why not make a recipe that is chef-approved. Gordon Ramsay’s tomato soup is thick and creamy yet the recipe is quite simple. It is made with roasted plum tomatoes with an added flavor of onion, herbs, stock, and just a little bit of sugar.
Tomato soup is the quintessential soup and is actually a very versatile one. It is the perfect partner in crime to grilled cheese sandwiches. If you add crispy crunchy croutons to it, it becomes heavenly. When paired with a glass of red wine, especially Chianti, it becomes irresistible. So, if you want to feel a little bougie, I suggest you make a bowl of this soup.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s tomato soup, mix onions, tomatoes, and garlic in a mixing bowl. Season it with salt and pepper and drizzle some olive oil over them. Lay this mixture on a baking tray and top with thyme, basil, and sugar. Then, put the mixture in a blender along with some stock and pulse until smooth. Pour in a bowl and serve.
This is not the complete recipe but a shorter version of it. Find answers to all your queries (about the recipe of course) below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Ratatouille– Gordon Ramsay’s Ratatouille is the dream of every vegetarian on this planet. The summer vegetable dish is absolutely tasty and worth a try.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Parsnip Puree– This particular recipe works like wonder with lambs. It is super creamy and dense.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s French Toast– A scrumptious French toast is all you need in order to start your day on a healthy note. This recipe for the french toast from Gordon Ramsay is super healthy and will win your heart.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Chicken And Mushroom Pie – If you are a fan of savory pies, then there is no way for you to miss out on Gordon Ramsay’s Chicken & Mushroom Pie.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Tomato Soup?
- Bowl – Use a serving bowl to serve the soup.
- Saucepan – Use a saucepan to cook the tomatoes along with onions.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to stir and combine the ingredients for the soup.
- Masher – Use a masher to mash the tomatoes for the soup.
- Blender – Use a stick blender to blend the tomato mixture to make creamy smooth tomato soup.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Tomato Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||40 Minutes||1 Hour|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Tomato Soup?
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes are the main ingredient for this soup. Use about ten Plum tomatoes for this soup.
- Onion – Thinly slice a white onion and sauté it in the pan. Onion adds a mildly sweet flavor to the soup.
- Garlic – Add two cloves of garlic to the onions to add a basic seasoning flavor to the soup.
- Thyme – Thyme adds a fresh herbal flavor to the soup. Use two fresh thyme sprigs for this recipe.
- Basil – Basil adds herbal flavors to the soup. You need to add two bunches of basil for this soup.
- Vegetable Stock – Vegetable stock gives body to the soup and adds depth to the flavors. It also improves the texture of the soup.
- Olive Oil – You need to cook the tomatoes and onions for the soup. So, you need to use about four tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sugar – Sugar adds sweetness to the soup and balances all the bitter-spicy flavors in the soup. You need to add a tablespoon of sugar to the tomato mixture for the soup.
- Cayenne Pepper – Add about two teaspoons of cayenne pepper or paprika to add some heat to the soup.
- Balsamic Vinegar – Balsamic vinegar adds a slightly tart flavor to the soup and cooks the tomatoes comparatively faster.
- Salt – Add salt as per your taste.
- Ground Black Pepper – Season the soup by adding black pepper to your taste.
- Cooking Cream – Garnish the soup by adding a spoonful of cooking cream on top.
- Cherry Tomatoes – Garnish the soup with sliced cherry tomatoes on top.
- Basil – You can top the soup by adding cherry tomatoes and basil leaves.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Tomato Soup
Saute onions with garlic slices in a saucepan and add salt, pepper, and paprika. Cook them for a few minutes. Now, slice each tomato into two halves and place each half, upside down, in the pan. Add balsamic vinegar, sugar, thyme, and basil to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes. Roast the tomato mixture for about 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Blend Together
Add vegetable stock to it. Bring it to a boil and reduce the heat. Let it simmer for few minutes and mash the tomatoes using a masher. Now, using a blender to blend the mixture until desired consistency is achieved. Now, serve this soup with cooking cream on top.
|Dietary Fiber||0.6 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Tomato Soup Look and Taste?
Gordon Ramsay’s tomato soup is creamy smooth and is filled with the flavors of tomatoes, onions, balsamic vinegar, and spices like pepper, cayenne, and salt. Sugar adds sweet taste to the soup and balances the excess spiciness in the soup. Herbs added to the soup like thyme and basil give a nice earthy lift to this soup.
Gordon Ramsay Tomato Soup Recipe
- 10 Plum Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 White Onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 2 bunches Basil
- 1 quart Vegetable Stock
- 4 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Paprika/ Cayenne Pepper
- 30 ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 150 ml Cooking Cream
- 4 cluster Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ cup Basil Leaves
- In a saucepan, sauté sliced onions, garlic for a while. Add some salt, pepper and paprika to it.
- Place sliced tomatoes upside down on the same saucepan to get a good char. Add sugar, balsamic vinegar, fresh thyme and basil in the saucepan. Let it cook for around 5 minutes
- Let it cook for around 5 minutes.
- Add some vegetable stock to it and mash with the help of a spoon.
- Now, blend this mixture with a hand blender to get the desired consistency.
- Top it off with cooking cream for some added flavor.
- Your tomato soup is ready to gobble.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you make tomato soup taste better?
For making a better tomato soup, all you need to do is add fresh herbs and spices. Moreover, follow the right steps and the thick, creamy, and delicious soup will be ready.
What goes well in tomato soup?
Tomato soup is well paired with pretzels, croutons, tortilla, strips, avocado, sour cream, and much more.
How do you make tomato soup thicker?
To thicken the consistency of the soup, add cream or roux. This will result in better and thick consistency.
Do I need to peel tomatoes for soup?
Yes, for preparing the tomato soup, you should peel off the tomatoes.
Did you like this soup? Tell me in the comments. Check out our other recipes as well.