If you are going to make tomato soup at home, why not make a recipe that is chef-approved. Gordon Ramsay’s tomato soup is thick and creamy yet the recipe is quite simple. It is made with roasted plum tomatoes with an added flavor of onion, herbs, stock, and just a little bit of sugar.
Tomato soup is the quintessential soup and is actually a very versatile one. It is the perfect partner in crime to grilled cheese sandwiches. If you add crispy crunchy croutons to it, it becomes heavenly. When paired with a glass of red wine, especially Chianti, it becomes irresistible. So, if you want to feel a little bougie, I suggest you make a bowl of this soup.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s tomato soup, mix onions, tomatoes, and garlic in a mixing bowl. Season it with salt and pepper and drizzle some olive oil over them. Lay this mixture on a baking tray and top with thyme, basil, and sugar. Cook it in the oven until caramelized. Then, put the mixture in a blender along with some stock and pulse until smooth. Pour in a bowl and serve.
This is not the complete recipe but a shorter version of it. Find answers to all your queries (about the recipe of course) below.
Gordon Ramsay’s Tomato Soup Recipe
- Baking Tray
- 10 Plum Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 White Onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 2 bunches Basil
- 1 quart Vegetable Stock
- 4 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 small cluster of Cherry Tomatoes on the vine and Basil Leaves (for topping)
- In a mixing bowl, add tomatoes, onions, and garlic. Season them with salt and pepper and drizzle some olive oil over them. Then, mix them well.
- Now, lay this mixture on a baking tray. Sprinkle some sugar over them and also some thyme and basil.
- Meanwhile, heat up the stock in a pot but not to a point where it boils.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and cook it at 425℉ until everything is roasted and caramelized.
- Then, put this roasted mixture in a blender jar and pulse until smooth. While blending, add a ladle of stock to make it smooth. Keep adding one ladle at a time until necessary.
- In a pan, add some oil and saute cherry tomatoes on the vine. Pour the soup into bowls and top with cherry tomatoes and chopped basil.