If you like mashed potatoes, you’ll definitely love Gordon Ramsay’s parsnip puree. It’s delicious and starchy like potatoes and slightly bitter like turnips. This puree is usually served as a dip or sauce and is accompanied by a side dish. To know more about it, read this entire article.
Gordon Ramsay’s parsnip puree has a rich, creamy texture and has a slightly sweet and spicy taste. As parsnip is naturally gluten-free, it is the best alternative for mashed potatoes. It can last up to 2-3 days in the refrigerator. So, read further and try this recipe now.
For parsnip puree, boil the parsnips in salted water for 15 minutes. Add cream, thyme, and blanched garlic to a saucepan and cook over medium heat. Blend this mixture with parsnips and butter. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with a side dish. The parsnip puree will be ready!
You can have the entire recipe instructions in the recipe card below. Try this quick and easy parsnip puree and rate this recipe in the recipe card below. Save this recipe card and share it with your friends and family. But first, check out some other recipes by Chef Gordon Ramsay.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Skirt Steak
- Gordon Ramsay Chili Con Carne
- Gordon Ramsay Meatballs
- Gordon Ramsay Panna Cotta
- Gordon Ramsay Chicken Thigh
- Gordon Ramsay Potato-Crusted Sea bass with Minestrone and clams
- Gordon Ramsay Lobster Capellini
- Gordon Ramsay Holiday Stuffing
- Gordon Ramsay Chicken Pie
- Gordon Ramsay Pork Tenderloin
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Parsnip Puree?
- Saucepan – Take a saucepan for preparing Gordon Ramsay’s parsnip puree.
- Bowl – Serve the puree to a bowl.
- Blender – Blend in all the elements using a blender.
- Spatula – Spread the puree in a bowl all over with a spatula.
- Ladle – Stir in all the elements with a help of a ladle.
- Peeler – Peel off the skin of parsnip with a peeler.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Parsnip Puree?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||20 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Parsnip Puree?
- Parsnip – Add peeled and sliced parsnip to the puree prepared by Gordon Ramsay. It adds a hint of spice to the puree.
- Garlic Cloves – Bring some fragrant flavors with fresh garlic cloves added to the puree.
- Thyme – Adding thyme to the puree will bring out some minty and earthy blend of sharpness.
- Unsalted Butter – Take unsalted butter to smoothen the texture of the puree. You can also add olive oil instead of the butter.
- Heavy Cream – Heavy cream will thicken the puree and adds creamy blend to the puree.
- Salt – Put some salt as per your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the puree with a pinch of black pepper.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Parsnip Puree
Take a saucepan to prepare parsnip puree in a saucepan. Add water, salt, and parsnip. Bring it to a boil until the parsnip are tender and boiled evenly. Further, add cream, thyme, and blanched garlic cloves. Cook it over low heat and bring it to a simmer.
2. Final Step
Transfer the parsnips into the food processor and reserve some of the cooking liquid. Add a tablespoons of cooking liquid to the processor and blend the mixture. Add strained heavy cream mixture, a pinch of salt and pepper, and blend until smooth.
Drizzle a tablespoon of melted butter to garnish on top of the puree. Add some chopped parsley on the top and serve with your favorite food dishes. Enjoy!
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Parsnip Puree Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay’s parsnip puree is creamy, rich, and thickened to perfection. The melted butter drizzled on the top tastes delicious and fresh parsley bring out fresh flavors to the puree. Infusion of flavors gives you lip-smacking experience.
Gordon Ramsay Parsnip Puree Recipe
- 1 pound Parsnip (peeled and sliced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 4 ounces Unsalted butter or Olive Oil
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper (to taste)
- To a pot containing slightly salted water, add peeled parsnips and bring to boil. Simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes until the parsnips are tender.
- To a saucepan, add cream, thyme, and blanched garlic cloves. Cook it over low heat and bring it to a simmer. Transfer the parsnips into the food processor and reserve some of the cooking liquid.
- Add butter and 2-3 tablespoons of cooking liquid and blend the mixture. Add strained heavy cream mixture, a pinch of salt and pepper, and blend until smooth.
- Garnish the puree with a teaspoon of melted butter and freshly chopped parsley.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to thicken parsnip puree?
To thicken the parsnip puree, add heavy cream or cornstarch.
Can you freeze parsnip mash?
Yes, you can definitely freeze parsnip mash.
How is puree made?
Puree is prepared with the food dishes blended and ground to the consistency of creamy paste or liquid.
What is best for making puree?
For making the best puree, use parsnips, carrots, beets, or cauliflower.
Don’t delay anymore and get your hands on making the best puree by Gordon Ramsay. Refer to the above article and let us know how it goes in the comment section below.