Give a Chinese twist to the English roast duck recipe. You read it right! This recipe got famous from the F word. It has a roast duck flavored with Chinese spice rub and is braised in Chinese black bean dipping sauce. Can’t wait to try it? Read this entire article to know more about this recipe.
Gordon Ramsay’s roast duck has flaky and crispy skin with the flavors of garlic, ginger, onions, spices infused in it. The vinegar and honey added to the black bean sauce adds a subtle tangy and sweet taste to the sauce. This dish needs 4 hours to get ready and it’s easy to cook at home. You can have it with Chinese pancakes and dipping sauce. So, get ready to roast the duck and enjoy this delicious English-Chinese fusion.
For Gordon Ramsay’s roast duck, season the cavity of the duck with salt and pepper and add spring onions, garlic, ginger, star anise to it. Rub the five-spices powder all over the duck and roast for about 4 hours. Add garlic, black bean sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, and honey to a saucepan and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Flake the skin of roast duck using forks and serve with dipping sauce and pancakes.
To try your hands on this recipe you should read the recipe card below. You can also watch Gordon Ramsay making a roast duck in the video provided below. Make sure you try this recipe for a special occasion and rate it. Do share this recipe with your friends and family. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Teriyaki Salmon– If you are someone who enjoys a good salmon fish, then you must check out the Teriyaki Salmon recipe by Gordon Ramsay.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Beef Short Ribs– Red wine and Gordon Ramsay’s beef short ribs compliment each other so well that you would never go back to the basic short ribs recipe.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Pork Belly– Even if you are not a pork savvy chef, there is no harm in starting your journey. With Gordon Ramsay’s Pork Belly recipe id filled with juices making it super moist and tasty.
Gordon Ramsay’s Roast Duck Recipe
- Roasting Tin or Roasting Tray
- Chopping Tray
- 1 Duck
- 2 Garlic Cloves (bashed)
- 1.5 inch Fresh root Ginger
- 4 Spring Onions (trimmed and cut into halves)
- 20 Chinese Pancakes
- 4 Star Anise
- 4 tablespoon Five-spice Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Groundnut Oil
- 4 tablespoons Black Bean Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Season the cavity of the duck with salt and pepper after you pat the inside of the cavity. Add ginger, star anise, garlic, and spring onions to the cavity. Now rub a five-spice powder all over the duck skin.
- Place the duck on the roasting tin and roast in a preheated oven (170 C) for about an hour. Reduce the heat to 140 C and cook for 2.5 to 3 hours until the flesh is tender and crispy.
- For the dipping sauce, add oil to a saucepan over medium heat. Cook garlic in the oil until it changes color. Now, add black bean sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, and honey to the pan and stir. Cook it for at least 3 minutes and transfer the sauce into the bowl.
- After the duck is cooked, transfer it to a plate and cover it loosely using foil. Keep it aside to cool for at least 15 minutes. Flake the meat off the duck, pulling it apart using two forks. Serve it with the dipping sauce and pancakes.