Another recipe from the treasure of Gordon Ramsay is his recipe for pork belly. The pork is roasted on a hob and then slow-roasted in the oven. It is flavored with whole spices and seasoning. Grab your staples and prepare Gordon Ramsay’s pork belly at home right away!
This pork belly is really flavorful. The reason behind that is it is scored before cooking. Scoring (in cooking) means making shallow cuts on the surface of the meat. This helps in the seasoning and oil to seep in the meat and ensures a flavorful and perfectly cooked meat on your plate. Another great part of this recipe is the sauce made with meat juices, spices, and mustard.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s pork belly, score the pork and season with salt and pepper. Add whole spices and oil to a roasting tray and place it over the heat. Then, place the pork on the roasting tray and cook it from both sides. After that, place it in the oven and cook the pork for 2 ½ hours. Then, place the pork on a plate. Reduce the pork juices in the tray and serve with the pork.
This was a quick overview of the recipe. Find all the list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions in the article below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Roast Duck– Roasting a duck can be tricky. But if you have got the right tips and tricks from the great celebrity chef, there is nothing stopping you from acing this delicacy.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Teriyaki Salmon– If you are someone who enjoys a good salmon fish, then you must check out the Teriyaki Salmon recipe by Gordon Ramsay.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Beef Short Ribs– Red wine and Gordon Ramsay’s beef short ribs complement each other so well that you would never go back to the basic short ribs recipe.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Turkey Breast– Turkey breast is a tad bit difficult to cook when compared with other alternatives. Watch this recipe till the end to know the right way.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Pork Belly?
- Roasting Tray – Roast the veggies using a roasting tray
- Oven – Cook the pork belly in the oven.
- Knife – Stab the pork belly meat with slight slit on the top to immerse the flavors nicely.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Pork Belly?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||2 Hours||2 Hours 15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Pork Belly?
- Pork Belly – Take half a pound of pork belly meat for preparing the recipe.
- Fennel Bulb – Saute fennel bulb for enhancing the aromatic blend.
- Garlic Cloves – Add garlic cloves to the sauteing pan.
- Star Anise – Anise is known for natural sweetflavors.
- Fennel Seeds – For delcious aroma add some fennel seeds for extra enhanced flavors.
- White Wine – Add a splash of white wine to preapre the flavorful gravy.
- Cardmom Seeds – Cardmom seed will bring out some minty and fruity flavors.
- Bay Leaves – With bay leaves develop a hint of peppery flavors.
- Stock – Boil the pork belly with the stock for achove thick texture of gravy.
- Salt – Add salt as per your taste.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Pork Belly
1. Intital Stage
Take the pork belly, make a slight slit on the top, and season it with salt and pepper. Place the roasting tray on heat, add olive oil, chopped fennel bulb, fennel seeds, garlic cloves, cardamom seeds, and star anise. Stir infrequently and let it all saute nicely. Moving forward, place the pork belly on the sauteed spices. Add a splash of white wine and stock. Let it all boil for 10 minutes.
2. Oven’s Turn
Take the roasting tray to the oven and broil the pork belly for 40 minutes until the belly is tender and golden brown. You will get nice crispy skin on the top when it is cooked. Carve the pork belly into nice thin slices and serve hot with the gravy!
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Pork Belly Look And Taste Like?
Well, if you have tried Gordon Ramsay’s knockoff dishes, you would surely fall in love with roasted pork belly. The healthy and flavorful combination of fennel bulb and some rich spices are delectable. The zesty gravy enhances the crispy pork belly flavors nicely.
Gordon Ramsay’s Pork Belly Recipe
- 1 kg Pork belly
- 1 Fennel Bulb (trimmed, roughly sliced)
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 3 cloves Garlic (bashed)
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Pods (bashed)
- 4 Star Anise
- 1 tablespoon Fennel Seeds
- Olive Oil
- 325 ml White Wine
- 500 ml Chicken Stock
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Firstly, preheat the oven at 180℃.
- Then, make shallow cuts on the surface of the pork belly in a criss-cross manner. After that, rub the pork with salt and pepper and make sure the seasoning goes into the cuts as well.
- In a hot roasting pan, add olive oil. fennel bulb, bay leaves, garlic, cardamom, star anise, and half the fennel seeds. Deglaze the pan with some white wine and place the tray over the heat. Heat them until you see the bubbles forming.
- Then, move the spices aside, and place the pork on the tray. Cook it for 5 minutes and then flip it. Cook the other for another 2 minutes.
- Then, place the roasting tray in the oven and cook for about 2 hours.
- When the pork is roasted, place it on a plate. Using a spoon, remove the excess fat from the roasting tray.
- Place the roasting tray on the heat again and mustard to it. Stir the juices in the roasting tray until thick. Then, pour it into a small jug.
- Serve the pork long with this sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is in Gordon Ramsay’s Pork Belly?
Gordon Ramsay’s pork belly is prepared with fennel bulb, fennel seeds, white wine, garlic, chicken stock, star anise, and cardamom pods.
What is Gordon Ramsay’s Signature Dish?
Gordon Ramsay’s signature dish is beef wellington.
Does Gordon Ramsay cook pork only on heat?
Gordon Ramsay cooks the pork on heat first and then roasts it in the oven.
How do you get good crackling?
Pat the pork skin dry, then rub it with salt and olive oil. It results in tender fat and the skin is crispy and crunchy.
So what are you waiting for? Prepare this chef’s delight pork belly in your kitchen. Share your cooking experience with us in the comment section below.