Another recipe from the treasure of Gordon Ramsay is his recipe for pork belly. The pork is roasted on a hob and then slow-roasted in the oven. It is flavored with whole spices and seasoning. It is really easy to make, just have a good roasting pan ready.
This pork belly is really flavorful. The reason behind that is that it is scored before cooking. Scoring (in cooking) means making shallow cuts on the surface of the meat. This helps in the seasoning and oil to seep in the meat and ensures a flavorful and perfectly cooked meat on your plate. Another great part of this recipe is the sauce made with meat juices, spices, and mustard.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s pork belly, score the pork and season with salt and pepper. Add whole spices and oil to a roasting tray and place it over the heat. Then, place the pork on the roasting tray and cook it from both sides. After that, place it in the oven and cook the pork for 2 ½ hours. Then, place the pork on a plate. Reduce the pork juices in the tray and serve with the pork.
This was a quick overview of the recipe. Find all the details of the recipe below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Roast Duck– Roasting a duck can be tricky. But if you have got the right tips and tricks from the great celebrity chef, there is nothing stopping you from acing this delicacy.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Teriyaki Salmon– If you are someone who enjoys a good salmon fish, then you must check out the Teriyaki Salmon recipe by Gordon Ramsay.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Beef Short Ribs– Red wine and Gordon Ramsay’s beef short ribs compliment each other so well that you would never go back to the basic short ribs recipe.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Turkey Breast– Turkey breast is a tad bit difficult to cook when compared with other alternatives. Watch this recipe till the end to know the right way.
Gordon Ramsay’s Pork Belly Recipe
- Roasting Tray
- 1 kg Pork belly
- 1 Fennel Bulb (trimmed, roughly sliced)
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 3 cloves Garlic (bashed)
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Pods (bashed)
- 4 Star Anise
- 1 tablespoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Wholegrain Mustard
- Olive Oil
- 325 ml White Wine
- 500 ml Chicken Stock
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Firstly, preheat the oven at 180℃.
- Then, make shallow cuts on the surface of the pork belly in a criss-cross manner. After that, rub the pork with salt and pepper and make sure the seasoning goes into the cuts as well.
- In a hot roasting pan, add fennel, bay leaves, garlic, cardamom, star anise, and half the fennel seeds. Drizzle some oil over them and place the tray over the heat. Heat them until they release their aroma.
- Then, move the spices aside, and place the pork on the tray. Cook it for 5 minutes and then flip it. Cook the other for another 2 minutes.
- After that, add some wine and deglaze the pan. Bring it to a boil until the fat comes up.
- Then, place the roasting tray in the oven and cook for about 2 and a half hours.
- When the pork is roasted, place it on a plate. Using a spoon, remove the excess fat from the roasting tray.
- Place the roasting tray on the heat again and mustard to it. Stir the juices in the roasting tray until thick. Then, pour it into a small jug.
- Serve the pork long with this sauce.