Chef Gordon Ramsay’s lobster capellini recipe is a delight to have with the delicious lobster pasta sauce. Not many people can make an excellent lobster sauce like this. The creamy yet chunky tomato sauce with the lobster is a perfect partner to the thin strands of Capellini pasta.
I came across this recipe a few years ago. What I loved was that he used Capellini pasta, which, to be honest, doesn’t get its fair share of the credit. The sauce, made from onions, tomatoes, garlic and spices, does wonder when combined with ultra-thin Capellini. The lobster is also the perfect meat for the recipe.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s lobster capellini, cook the capellini al dente. In a pan, add butter, tomatoes, onions, garlic and chili and cook. Add pepper and white wine, cook until wine dries. Add cream and small pieces of lobster. Pour the sauce over the capellini on a plate. Top with parmesan, basil and drizzle olive oil.
This was a quick overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below.
Ingredients For Gordon Ramsay’s Lobster Capellini
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil (Buy)
- 300g Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ Chili (de-seeded and chopped)
- ½ clove Garlic (peeled and chopped)
- ½ Spring Onion (finely sliced)
- 250g Unsalted Butter
- 65ml Dry White Wine
- 250g Capellini
- Meat of 1 Lobster
- 50 ml Cream
- 2 tablespoon fresh Basil (chopped)
- Parmesan Cheese (shavings)
- Olive Oil (to drizzle)
These are the ingredients you’ll be needing. Let’s move to the time needed to make this recipe.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Lobster Capellini?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||50 Minutes||60 Minutes|
Now, it is time to move to the steps of the recipe.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Lobster Capellini
- Place the tomatoes, chili, onion, garlic, and butter in a heavy-based pan and cook over moderate heat until soft but not colored.
- Break the tomatoes up with a spoon as they cook. Season with pepper, add the wine and slow-cook until the wine has virtually evaporated and the tomatoes have caramelized.
- The sauce will be quite chunky in texture: if you prefer a smoother sauce, pass the mixture through a sieve and return to the pan.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add salt, the Capellini and oil and cook till al dente.
- Take the lobster meat and cut it into small pieces.
- Drain the Capellini in a colander and transfer to a warm serving plate.
- Add the cream to the tomato sauce and bring to the boil. Add the lobster and toss to warm through. Do not overcook at this stage.
- Pour over the Capellini, scatter over the basil and parmesan, drizzle with the oil and serve immediately with a crisp green salad.
- Serve with a simple green salad with lardoon and soft boiled eggs.
Your lobster capellini is ready! Check the table below for its nutritional value.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Gordon Ramsay’s Lobster Capellini
Here is the nutritional breakdown for this recipe.
This was all about the recipe. Do try this recipe and share your experience with me. If you any suggestions or queries, mention them in the comments as well. I’ll try to help you with my best knowledge. Till then, happy eating!