Chef Gordon Ramsay lobster capellini recipe is a delight to have with the delicious lobster pasta sauce. Not many people can make an excellent lobster sauce like Gordon Ramsay.
I came across this recipe a few years ago. What I loved was that he used Capellini pasta, which, to be honest, doesn’t get its fair share of the credit.
To make Gordon Ramsay lobster capellini, cook the capellini al dente. In a pan, add butter, tomatoes, onions, garlic, chili, pepper, and wine. Cook the veggies until wine dries.
Add cream and small pieces of lobster. Pour the sauce over the capellini on a plate. Top with parmesan, basil, and drizzle olive oil.
If you can’t find Capellini you can substitute it with angel hair pasta. Cook angel hair pasta as it has more surface area than any other strand pasta, so you get more sauce in each bite.
This was a quick overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other best Gordon Ramsay recipes.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Wellington
- Gordon Ramsay Hamburger
- Gordon Ramsay Belly of Pork
- Gordon Ramsay Rocket Mushroom And Bacon Quiche
- Gordon Ramsay Turkey
- Gordon Ramsay Vegetarian Lasagna
- Gordon Ramsay Steak Pie
- Gordon Ramsay Beef And Guinness Stew
- Gordon Ramsay Shrimp Scampi
- Gordon Ramsay Pizza Dough
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Lobster Capellini?
- Pan – Cook the sliced tomatoes, onion, minced garlic, chili, and butter in a heavy-based pan and cook until soft but not colored.
- Sieve – Pass the tomato mixture through a sieve and return to the pan to make tomato sauce.
- Spoon – Break the tomatoes up with a spoon one they are cooked.
- Spatula – Toss lobster pieces with creamy tomato sauce until well combined.
- Serving Plate – Transfer the warm capellini over the serving plate once cooked.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Lobster Capellini?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||50 Minutes||1 Hour|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Lobster Capellini?
- Cream – Cream will give a perfect balance of flavor and creaminess to the dish.
- Unsalted Butter – Butter will give you the sauce thickness and velvety texture.
- Parmesan Cheese – Shred parmesan cheese over the pasta recipe for a gritty texture with fruity and nutty taste.
- Dry White Wine – White wines will help to make the tomatoes crispy, making the sauce nuttier and sometimes buttery.
- Meat Of Lobster – Lobster when add to the tomato sauce will give the dish a sweeter and rich flavor.
- Spring Onion – Dice the onion and cook it in a pan to add sweetness to the dish.
- Cherry Tomatoes – The sautéed tomatoes create a perfectly smooth texture in this sauce.
- Chili – When you add chili while making sauce, it will ensure that it infuses every bite with flavor.
- Garlic Clove – Mince garlic to give the sauce a soft and sweet buttery flavor.
- Capellini – Capellini cooks much quicker than other pastas because it’s so thin.
- Fresh Basil – Top capellini with chopped basil to balance between sweet and savory taste of the dish, with hints of mint, anise, and pepper.
- Olive Oil – Drizzle olive oil over the capellini to prevent pasta from sticking together.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Lobster Capellini?
1. Saucy Sauce
Take a heavy-based pan and add sliced cherry tomatoes, spring onion, minced garlic, chili, and butter stick. Cook over moderate heat until soft but not colored.
Break the tomatoes up with a spoon as they cook. Season the veggies mixture with pepper, pour dry white wine, and slow-cook until the wine has virtually evaporated and the tomatoes have caramelized.
The sauce will be quite chunky in texture: if you prefer a smoother sauce, pass the mixture through a sieve and return to the pan.
2. Yummy Tummy
Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add capellini paste, salt, and oil. Cook till al dente. Once cooked, drain the capellini in a sieve and transfer to a warm serving plate.
Take the lobster meat and cut it into small pieces. Boil the tomato sauce mixture after adding cream. Once boiled, add the sliced lobster and toss to warm through. Do not overcook at this stage.
Pour over the Capellini, scatter over the basil and parmesan cheese, drizzle with the oil and serve immediately with a crisp green salad.
Serve with a simple green salad with lardoon and soft boiled eggs.
How Will Gordon Ramsay Lobster Capellini Look And Taste Like?
The creamy yet chunky tomato sauce with the lobster is a perfect partner to the thin strands of Capellini pasta. The sauce, made from onions, tomatoes, garlic and spices, does wonder when combined with ultra-thin Capellini. The lobster is also the perfect meat for the recipe.
Gordon Ramsay Lobster Capellini Recipe
- Serving Plate
- 250 g Unsalted Butter
- 50 ml Cream
- 65 ml Dry White Wine
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese (for topping)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Meat Of Lobster
- 300 g Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ Spring Onion
- ½ Chili
- ½ Garlic Clove
- 250 g Capellini
- 2 tbsp Chopped Fresh Basil
- Place the tomatoes, chili, onion, garlic, and butter in a heavy-based pan and cook over moderate heat until soft but not colored.
- Break the tomatoes up with a spoon as they cook. Season with pepper, add the wine and slow-cook until the wine has virtually evaporated and the tomatoes have caramelized.
- The sauce will be quite chunky in texture: if you prefer a smoother sauce, pass the mixture through a sieve and return to the pan.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add salt, the Capellini and oil and cook till al dente.
- Take the lobster meat and cut it into small pieces.
- Drain the Capellini in a colander and transfer to a warm serving plate.
- Add the cream to the tomato sauce and bring to the boil. Add the lobster and toss to warm through. Do not overcook at this stage.
- Pour over the Capellini, scatter over the basil and parmesan, drizzle with the oil and serve immediately with a crisp green salad.
- Serve with a simple green salad with lardoon and soft boiled eggs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What sauce goes well with lobster?
Sauces for Lobster Meat Served Cold:
Garlic and basil mayo.
Spicy avocado dip (with Greek yogurt, hot sauce or fresh chili)
Sour cream with exotic fruits (try pineapple)
What does lobster pasta taste like?
Lobster tastes similar to crab, but there are a few things that make it different. However, it tends to be chewier with a spongy texture due to its high amounts of protein.
What do you put on top of a lobster pasta?
In a small bowl whisk together the melted butter, garlic, paprika, thyme, rosemary, and parsley. Spread evenly on lobster pasta. Broil the lobster pasta for about 8-10 minutes or until the meat is opaque and lightly brown on the top. Serve with melted butter if desired.
What is the secret ingredient in Gordon Ramsay lobster capellini?
The secret ingredient added to Gordon Ramsay lobster capellini is the lobster meat, tomato chunks, and parmesan cheese.
This was all about Gordon Ramsay Lobster capellini recipe. Do try this recipe and share your experience with me. If you any suggestions or queries, mention them in the comments as well. I’ll try to help you with my best knowledge. Till then, happy eating!