If you haven’t heard of Gordon Ramsay’s beef and Guinness stew, I am here to enlighten you. This delicious stew is not your regular beef stew. It uses Guinness beer to add depth and flavor to the dish. This beer gives the stew a bitter and toasty flavor and the braised beef in it is just perfectly tender.
The beef and Guinness stew is an Irish stew. The traditional Irish stews are usually made with beef or lamb along with root vegetables. This stew goes great with mashed potatoes and is a great dish to make on St. Patrick’s Day.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s beef and Guinness stew, cook beef and bacon in a pot. Then, add vegetables, Guinness beer, tomato puree, and chicken stock to it. Cover the pot and cook the stew for 2 hours on low heat. Then, uncover it and cook on high heat until it becomes thick. Serve the stew with mashed potatoes.
This is a brief summary of the below mentioned detailed recipe. Check it out. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Chili Con Carne– Chili Con Carne is jam packed with the exquisite Mexican flavors. With minced beef and tangy tomatoes, this dish will activate your taste buds.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Panna Cotta – One of the most decadent desserts, Panna Cotta celebrated all over the world for its delicate taste. Check out the recipe to whip it on your own.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Moussaka– Moussaka is a Greek comfort food. It is made with mellow eggplant, slices of potato and a meat sauce.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Potato Salad – A perfect side dish for your family lunch. Gordon Ramsay’s Potato Salad gets ready in no time.
Gordon Ramsay’s Beef and Guinness Stew
- Large Pot
- 2 ½ lbs. Beef Chuck (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 4 strips Bacon (sliced into small pieces)
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 3 Carrots (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 ribs Celery (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 4 sprigs Thyme
- 1 14-oz. can Guinness Beer
- ¼ cup Tomato Paste
- 2 ½ cups Chicken Stock
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon each Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Season the beef with salt and pepper and cook it until brown. Also, add the bacon pieces and cook them as well.
- Then, add carrots, onions, celery, garlic, thyme, and bay leaves to it and cook them until tender
- Add the Guinness beer after that to deglaze and scrape. Then, add the tomato puree and the chicken stock to the pot and stir for about 2-3 minutes.
- Also, add salt, pepper, and sugar to it and stir.
- Then, cover the pot with a lid. Simmer and cook it for about 2 hours until the beef is tender.
- After that, remove the lid and raise the heat to medium-high. Reduce the stew until thick or to preferred consistency.
- Your beef and Guinness stew is ready. Serve it with rice and mashed potatoes.