Have you heard of Gordon Ramsay beef and Guinness stew? This is a delicious stew and not your regular beef stew. The beef and Guinness stew is an Irish stew that has a little twist of Gordon himself.
To make Gordon Ramsay beef and Guinness stew, cook beef and bacon slices in a pot. Then, add chopped veggies, spoons of Guinness beer, tomato puree, and chicken stock to it.
Cover the pot and cook the stew for 2 hours on low heat. Uncover it after sometimes and cook on high heat until it becomes thick. Serve the stew with mashed potatoes.
If you want to enhance the taste of your stew, you can add some Kitchen Bouquet to it. If you don’t have Kitchen Bouquet, you can use any of the Kitchen Bouquet substitutes.
This is a brief summary of the below-mentioned detailed recipe. Check it out. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Potato Salad
- Gordon Ramsay Chili Con Carne
- Gordon Ramsay Chimichurri
- Gordon Ramsay Prawn Salad
- Gordon Ramsay Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Gordon Ramsay Holiday Stuffing
- Gordon Ramsay Toad In The Hole
- Gordon Ramsay Skirt Steak
- Gordon Ramsay Lamb Shanks
- Gordon Ramsay Bread And Butter Pudding
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Beef And Guinness Stew?
- Pot – Cook chopped beef, bacon, and sliced veggies in pot until tender and brown.
- Knife – Chop, slice and mince the veggies with a sharp knife into chunks and slices.
- Chopping Board – Chop the veggies on a chopping board into chunks for easy cutting.
- Spatula – Combine the ingredients well with a flat-surfaced spatula to ensure the veggies are evenly coated.
- Serving Bowl – Serve your beef and Guinness stew in a serving dish topped with thyme.
How Much Time You Will Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Beef And Guinness Stew?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||2 Hours 50 Minutes||3 Hours 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Beef And Guinness Stew?
- Beef Chuck – Cut and sauté beef chuck in a pot to get flavorful and juicy bite.
- Bacon – Cut bacon into slices and sauté them in a pot until crisp and browned to give smoky flavors.
- Onions – Cook chopped onion in a pot until translucent to give a sweet and milder taste to the stew.
- Carrots – Slice and cook carrots until soft for a slightly sweet flavor with bitter notes.
- Celery – Chop celery ribs to add juicy and salty flavor to the stew.
- Garlic – Sauté minced garlic in a pot until fragrant to add mild sweetness to the stew.
- Thyme – Cook thyme leaves to get an earthy, minty, and slightly lemony flavor of the stew.
- Guinness Beer – Add Guinness beer to boost the rich flavor of a hearty beef stew, giving extra intensity and balances out the sweetness of the stew.
- Chicken Stock – Chicken stock in stew will enhance other flavors so well.
- Tomato Paste – Tomato paste will add an intensity of tomato flavor without adding a lot of liquid, thickening the stew.
- Olive Oil – Cook sliced beef and bacon in olive oil until they are brown and tender.
- Bay Leaves – Bay leaves will lend a subtle and herbal flavor to the stew. Don’t forget to remove bay leaves before serving a dish.
- Sugar – Add sugar in the stew, if it tastes off-balance and make it bring to the next level.
- Salt – Our stew recipe calls for seasoning chunks of beef with salt before searing them or adding them unseared to the pot.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper will add flavor and spice to beef and bacon when it is cooked.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Beef And Guinness Stew
1. Chopping Session
Take one and a half kilograms of beef chuck and cut it into small chunks. Now slice four strips of bacon and slice them into small pieces.
Now chop two onions, three carrots, and two celery ribs with four cloves of garlic into small pieces.
2. Cooking Time
In a large pot, add three tablespoons of olive oil and heat it over medium-heat. Meanwhile, season chopped beef with salt and pepper and cook it into the pot of olive oil until brown.
Add bacon slices and cook them as well. After few minutes, add chopped carrots, onions, celery, minced garlic, four sprigs of thyme, and two bay leaves to the pot and cook them until tender.
Once the veggies are soft and tender, add the Guinness beer to deglaze and scrape the pot. Add 1/4 cup of tomato paste and two and a half cups of chicken stock to the pot.
Stir for about 2-3 minutes. Season them with salt, pepper, and sugar.
3. Serving Session
Cover the pot with a lid and cook it for about 2 hours until the beef is tender. Once the beef is tender, remove the lid and increase the heat to medium-high.
Cook to reduce the stew until thick or to preferred consistency. Once you reach desired consistency, turn off the stove.
Your beef and Guinness stew is ready. Serve your stew in a serving bowl with rice and mashed potatoes.
|Saturated Fat||6.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.7 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4.5 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Beef And Guinness Stew Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay beef and Guinness stew is a very simple dish, but has a deep, complex, and rich flavor. The maltiness of dark beer really does amazing things for the gravy. The beer will give the stew a bitter and toasty flavor and the braised beef in it is just perfectly tender.
This stew goes great with mashed potatoes and is a great dish to make on St. Patrick’s Day.
Gordon Ramsay Beef and Guinness Stew
- Chopping Board
- Serving Bowl
- 14 oz Guinness Beer
- 2 ½ cups Chicken Stock
- ¼ cup Tomato Paste
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 ½ lbs. Beef Chuck (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 4 strips Bacon (sliced into small pieces)
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 3 Carrots (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 ribs Celery (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 4 sprigs Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Season the chopped beef with salt and pepper and cook it until brown.
- Add the bacon pieces and cook them as well. Then, add chopped carrots, onions, celery, garlic, thyme, and bay leaves to it and cook them until tender.
- Add the Guinness beer after that to deglaze and scrape. Then, add the tomato puree and the chicken stock to the pot and stir for about 2-3 minutes.
- Also, add salt, pepper, and sugar to it and stir.
- Then, cover the pot with a lid. Simmer and cook it for about 2 hours until the beef is tender.
- After that, remove the lid and raise the heat to medium-high. Reduce the stew until thick or to preferred consistency.
- Your beef and Guinness stew is ready. Serve it with rice and mashed potatoes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which is the best beer for beef stew?
For beef stews, we recommend using porters. These beers have a lot of caramelized and toasted malt flavors that may work very well with slow-cooked meat.
How can you thicken Guinness stew?
Whisk a teaspoon of flour in cold water to make a slurry, then stir into the stew when it is cooking. Don’t add dry flour directly to the stew as it may clump. After adding the slurry, bring the stew to boil. This will help thicken the stew.
How can make stew more flavorful?
Cook your stew with fresh herbs, except thyme as other herbs lose their flavor when they are cooked. So add dried spices at the beginning of the cooking time and fresh spices (like parsley, dill, tarragon or rosemary) at the end to add a punch of fresh flavor.
How can I make my Guinness stew less bitter?
If the stew is bitter try adding a touch of honey or brown sugar.
Gordon Ramsay beef and Guinness stew is a heart warming bowl of comfort which is a slow cooked beef, simmered in a rich Guinness gravy and is packed with so much flavor. If you like this recipe, then don’t forget to share your experience with us.