You must’ve tried many quiche recipes if you like French cuisine. But Gordon Ramsay’s rocket mushroom and bacon quiche is the best. This delicious side dish is cooked low and slow. It’s healthy and easy to cook. If you haven’t tried it yet, read this article and give it a try.
Gordon Ramsay’s rocket mushroom & bacon quiche has a crispy tart base. The filling is filled with irresistible flavors from mushrooms, cheese, veggies, and spices. The custard in this dish adds more flavors to it. It has a savory egg custard with a sightly flaky pie crust. It can be served hot or cold. Grab your apron and learn all the secrets to this recipe.
For Gordon Ramsay’s rocket mushroom & bacon quiche, add salt, thyme, and an egg to the flour to a bowl. Knead it using ice-cold water. Bake it for 30 minutes in a tart case. Make the custard by whisking eggs, milk, tarragon, salt, and pepper. Mix cheese, bacon, mushrooms in a bowl along with sautéed onions. Add the filling to tart, top with custard, and bake for an hour.
You can also add cremini mushrooms to the quiche to make it more flavorful. If you don’t have cremini mushrooms, you can look for its alternatives. Here is a list of cremini mushrooms substitutes.
There’s a recipe card below. Check it out for the recipe instructions and all the ingredients needed. Try this recipe now and enjoy your meal. Please rate this recipe and save it for later. Read the entire recipe card if you need to know the procedure to make Gordon Ramsay’s roast beef carpaccio. Don’t forget to rate it and save it for a special family dinner. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Stroganoff
- Gordon Ramsay Mashed Potatoes
- Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Risotto
- Gordon Ramsay Leg Of Lamb
- Gordon Ramsay Belly Of Pork
- Gordon Ramsay Hamburger
- Gordon Ramsay Shepherd’s Pie
- Gordon Ramsay Potatoes Boulangere
- Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti
- Gordon Ramsay Style-Pizza
Gordon Ramsay’s Rocket Mushroom & Bacon Quiche Recipe
- Large Bowl
- Kneading Trough
- Cling film
- Small Bowls
- Tart Tin
- Cooking Spray
- Baking Paper
- 8.8 ounce Plain Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 4.4 ounce Cold Butter
- 1 tablespoon Thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Ice-cold Water
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3 Eggs
- Tarragon Leaves (chopped)
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 7 ounce Creme Fraiche
- 0.44 pounds Smoked Streaky Bacon (chopped)
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 2 Red Chicory (shredded)
- 8.8 ounce Flat Cap Mushroom
- 7 ounce Wild Rocket
- 3.5 ounce Gruyere (grated)
- 3.5 ounce Mature Cheddar (grated)
- 5 tablespoon Olive Oil
- For the pastry, add salt, thyme, and butter to the flour. Add 1 beaten egg and knead the pastry lightly using ice-cold water. After kneading, wrap the pastry with cling film and keep it in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Roll a piece of dough from the pastry into a flat disk. Spray the 24 cm tart tin with cooking spray and line the pastry inside it. Press the pastry inside the tin and let the excess of the dough overhang.
- Lightly prick the base of the pastry with the fork and chill it in a freezer for around 30 minutes. Cut the baking paper into a circle larger than the tart. Press it against the inside of the tart case. Fill baking beans in the tart case and bake them for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the beans and baking sheet. Brush the case with yolk and bake again for 5 minutes. Brush it again with yolk and bake it for 10-15 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- For the custard, beat the eggs, milk, creme fraiche, yolk, tarragon, a pinch of salt, and pepper.
- To make the filling, saute the bacon pieces in a pan containing olive oil for about 5 minutes until they’re crispy and brown. Now, add onion, chicory, to the pan containing bacon and oil. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously. Strain the juice using a sieve and transfer them to a big bowl.