If you are looking for a quick and flavorful seafood recipe, I suggest you check out Gordon Ramsay’s shrimp scampi recipe. The shrimp is flavored with garlic and lemon. Lemon is the star of this recipe. You have lemon juice, slices, and zest. The scampi is cooked in butter and oil, making it really flavorful (and a little unhealthy).
I am going to go out of context one more time and tell you about some of the health benefits of shrimp. But first, no, shrimps and prawns are not the same. Shrimps are loaded with vitamins and minerals. They have vitamin D and vitamin B3. They also have zinc, iron, calcium, and are a good source of protein. Now, you know, your unhealthy obsession for shrimp isn’t unhealthy after all.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s shrimp scampi, heat oil and butter in a pan and cook garlic in it. Add shrimp, salt, and pepper to it and saute for 5 minutes. Then, add wine, lemon juice, and zest to it and stir for another minute. Lastly, plate the shrimp scamp and garnish with lemon slices and chopped scallions.
Don’t worry, this is not the whole recipe but only a snippet of it. The complete recipe is written down below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Chocolate Avocado Mousse– Looking for the perfect dessert to bring an end to your fulfilling meal? Give a shot to Gordon Ramsay’s chocolate avocado.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Hot Chicken Wings– Take the spice scale up a notch with hot chicken wings recipe from Gordon Ramsay. You can choose the level of spice as per your palate.
Gordon Ramsay’s Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 1 pound Raw Shrimp (peeled, deviened)
- ½ Lemon (zest grated)
- ½ Lemon (thinly sliced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- A handful Scallions (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 ½ tablespoons Olive Oil
- A splash of White Wine
- ¼ cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Place a pan over medium-low heat and melt butter in it. Add some oil and heat it.
- Add garlic to the pan and saute for a minute. Then, add the shrimp, salt, and pepper to it and saute for 5 minutes until it is just pink.
- While stirring, add wine, lemon juice, and zest to it and saute for another minute.
- Then, transfer it to a plate and garnish with lemon slices and chopped scallions.