If you are looking for a quick and flavorful seafood recipe, I suggest you check out Gordon Ramsay’s shrimp scampi recipe. The shrimp is flavored with garlic and lemon. Lemon is the star of this recipe. You have got lemon juice, slices, and zest for the explosion of flavors. The scampi is cooked in butter and oil, making it really flavorful (and a little unhealthy).
I am going to go out of context one more time and tell you about some of the health benefits of shrimp. Shrimps are loaded with vitamins and minerals. They have vitamin D and vitamin B3. They also have zinc, iron, and calcium, and are a good source of protein. Now, you know, your unhealthy obsession for shrimp isn’t unhealthy after all.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s shrimp scampi, heat oil and butter in a pan and cook garlic in it. Add shrimp, salt, and pepper to it and saute for 5 minutes. Then, add wine, lemon juice, and zest to it and stir for another minute. Lastly, plate the shrimp scamp and garnish with lemon slices and chopped scallions.
Don’t worry, this is not the whole recipe but only a snippet of it. The complete recipe is written down below. Follow the required list of equipment, ingredients, calorific value, and instructions. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Chocolate Avocado Mousse– Looking for the perfect dessert to bring an end to your fulfilling meal? Give a shot to Gordon Ramsay’s chocolate avocado.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Hot Chicken Wings– Take the spice scale up a notch with the hot chicken wings recipe from Gordon Ramsay. You can choose the level of spice as per your palate.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Shrimp Scampi?
- Tongs – Flip the shrimps with a help of tongs and cook on both sides.
- Frying Pan – Prepare the scampi sauce and fry the shrimp in a frying pan.
- Saucepan – Boil the pasta using a saucepan.
- Colander – Strain off the excess water from the pasta using a colander.
- Ladle – Stir in the sauce with a ladle.
- Grater – Use a grater to grate the lemon zest and shred parmesan cheese for garnishing.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Shrimp Scampi?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Shrimp Scampi?
- Raw Shrimp – Take a pound of shrimp for preparing Ramsay’s style shrimp scampi.
- Lemon Zest – Lemon zest intensifies the flavors and the scampi tastes even better.
- Capellini – Prepare capellini to serve along with the shrimps and sauce.
- Garlic – Minced garlic will bring out piquant flavors to the scampi.
- Scallions – Scallions are a good source of vitamins and minerals. It adds an oniony and savory blend of sharpness.
- Olive Oil – Cook the pasta, shrimp, and the sauce with olive oil. It adds flavor and retains moisture in the dishes.
- White Wine – Deglaze the pan with a splash of white wine. It will enrich the flavors.
- Lemon Juice – Bring out some tang with a teaspoon of lemon juice
- Kosher Salt – Add salt as per your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the shrimp scampi with a teaspoon of black pepper.
- Parmesan Cheese – Grate some parmesan cheese on the top and serve!
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Shrimp Scampi
1. First Step
Add sliced shallots to the frying pan that is greased with a splash of olive oil. Carmelize the shallots until they are browned. Then, add grated garlic, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Further, add chili flakes and cherry tomatoes. Deglaze the pan with a tablespoon of white wine and keep stirring infrequently. Now it’s time for the stock, add any stock of your choice. We added chicken stock.
Simmer the scampi sauce until the liquid is reduced. Garnish the onions and tomatoes with fresh basil. Chiffonade the basil evenly and add it to the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes. Simultaneously, season the shrimps with salt and black pepper and pan-fry until they are golden brown. Grate the lemon zest to the shrimps for enhanced flavors. Finally, drop in the shrimp to the scampi sauce.
3. Final Step
Add capellini to the saucepan filled with warm water and a splash of olive oil. In 3-5 minutes the capellini pasta will be ready. Once the pasta is cooked, begin to assemble. Place the capellini pasta on a serving plate. Add shrimps and the scampi sauce on the top and garnish it with shredded parmesan cheese to serve.
|Dietary Fiber||0.2 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Shrimp Scampi Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay’s shrimp scampi look appetizing and taste delicious. Prepared with capellini the shrimp scampi tastes even better. Moreover, the fusion of flavors will leave you drooling. Treat your taste buds with freshly made shrimp scampi right in your kitchen.
Gordon Ramsay Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 1 pound Raw Shrimp (peeled, deviened)
- ½ Lemon (zest grated)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- A handful Scallions (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 ½ tablespoons Olive Oil
- A splash of White Wine
- ¼ cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
- Place a pan over medium-low heat and melt butter in it. Add some oil and heat it.
- Saute shallots, garlic, and cherry tomatoes. Add a splash of white wine on the top and deglaze the pan for rich and umami flavors.
- While stirring, lemon juice, and zest to it and saute for another minute.
- In a separate pan greased with olive oil, fry the shrimps with a teaspoon of lemon zest until it is brown and fried to perfection.
- Simultaneously, cook capellini pasta to serve with the shrimp scampi.
- Then, transfer it to a plate and garnish with lemon slices and chopped scallions.
- Shred some parmesan cheese on the top and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is shrimp scampi sauce made of?
Shrimp scampi sauce is prepared with butter, olive oil, white wine, garlic, red pepper flakes, and lemon juice.
What goes best with shrimp scampi?
You can pair the shrimp scampi with your favorite roasted side dishes like roasted potatoes, creamy polenta, and vegetable lasagna.
What kind of white wine is best for shrimp scampi?
For authentic shrimp scampi, you should use a dry, crisp white wine. Some of the best options are pinot grigio, sauvignon blanc, or unoaked chardonnay.
How do you thicken a scampi sauce?
You can thicken the scampi sauce with a teaspoon of cornstarch mixed with water.
So, don’t delay anymore and grab your apron to prepare Gordon Ramsay’s shrimp scampi at home. Share your cooking experience with us in the comment section below.